[Q] Svoice voice Wake up?

Search This thread

Jeeab

May 2, 2011
I've been trying to figure this out since I got the phone, I need some help. How do you wake up the phone while the screen is off using voice?
I turned "voice wake up" on in the svoice settings but it doesn't work. Some people say this was never a feature but apps like "S for switch voice" claim it's a working feature.

It would be awesome if anyone can help,
Thanks

spuniun

Oct 7, 2006
I've been trying to figure this out since I got the phone, I need some help. How do you wake up the phone while the screen is off using voice?
I turned "voice wake up" on in the svoice settings but it doesn't work. Some people say this was never a feature but apps like "S for switch voice" claim it's a working feature.

It would be awesome if anyone can help,
Thanks

I don't believe this is a feature: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-wake-up-not-working-s-voice.html#post3586811

Jeeab

May 2, 2011
I just chatted with Samsung live chat thing. They said it is a feature

"Alastair: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
Visitor: Hi, can you explain to me how to get my Galaxy S5 to wake up while the screen is off using S voice?
Alastair: I understand that you require information how to wake up the device using S Voice. Is that correct?
Visitor: yes
Alastair: Thank you for confirming.
Alastair: May I know the model number of the device? You may find it in Applications>Settings>General>About Device. You can also find the model number beneath the Phone's battery. Generally model number starts with SGH,SPH,SCH,GT or SM.
Visitor: SM-g900v
Alastair: Thank you for the model number.
Alastair: I would like to inform you that you need to say "Hello Galaxy" to wake up the device.
Visitor: can i do this while the screen is off?
Alastair: Yes, the device will wake up when the screen is off."

After a long chat, and factory resetting, they recommended me to return it to Verizon. Still cant get it to work

Guess I will wait and see if this problem is addressed by Samsung, or if the Samsung live chat person has no idea what they are talking about.

spuniun

Oct 7, 2006
I can't get S Voice to wake up at all - Ok Google works fine for Google Now but the default wake up command and my custom wake up command are doing nothing to wake up S Voice.
I'm glad I see no point to S Voice considering the robustness of Google Now.

Broadley1

Apr 12, 2012
I'm having same issue, s voice won't wake phone no matter what. I figured eh whatever cause google now is awesome:):thumbup:

Sent from my SM-G900V using xda app-developers app

Jeeab

May 2, 2011
I don't mean to bump this thread but I figured it out if anyone is interested.

Turn on Car mode then exit out (make sure you still have the steering wheel notification in the status bar). Now you can say "hi galaxy" whenever.

What makes this good is that you can download "S for switch voice" app on the play store. That opens Google Now instead of Svoice. Works just like a Moto X now

spuniun

Oct 7, 2006
I don't mean to bump this thread but I figured it out if anyone is interested.

Turn on Car mode then exit out (make sure you still have the steering wheel notification in the status bar). Now you can say "hi galaxy" whenever.

What makes this good is that you can download "S for switch voice" app on the play store. That opens Google Now instead of Svoice. Works just like a Moto X now

Cool, but you need to keep Car Mode enabled?

Jeeab

May 2, 2011
I thought would ask on this thread to keep the spam down.

Can this svoice wakeup thing be achieved now that we have root? I mean the function is already there with car mode, but maybe someone could strip down the car mode to have it only wake up with voice, and not mess with Bluetooth or restrict minimum volume.

I know this requires more work then I can imagine and is probably pretty low on anyone's priority list, but if anyone could tell me how to do it or link me to a fix, that would be awesome.
Thanks

Broadley1

Apr 12, 2012
I think u should bump this question again to the main Q&A. I would also love to have this figured out, just not sure if any one is following this post any more.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app