Eugene's Ginger Clone R2 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bce461734

Dec 18, 2010
Hello folks, I need little help. I just flushed my phone with R1. Now, I need to flush with R2. How do I go about doing it?

Thanks in advance

ultra spikey

Jul 5, 2006
What modem was used in the first Ginger Clone Final??? I had the best download speeds with that rom than anything else I've ever tried(tested daily at one location with full bars). With the first Ginger Clone Final, I was getting between 2000-2500kbps. With the new Ginger Clone Final R2, I get around 800kbps(which is average speed for ALL roms I've tried).

Original Ginger Clone Final
snap20101219_224224.png

Ginger Clone Final R2
snap20101219_231458.png

Last edited:

BoomBoomPOW

Dec 16, 2009
Uranus
boom, can this be done without going through the odin?

Thanks

Wipe data and cache then flash R2.

What modem was used in the first Ginger Clone Final??? I had the best download speeds with that rom than anything else I've ever tried(tested daily at one location with full bars). With the first Ginger Clone Final, I was getting between 2000-2500kbps. With the new Ginger Clone Final R2, I get around 800kbps.

Original Ginger Clone Final
snap20101219_224224.png

Ginger Clone Final R2
snap20101219_231458.png

R1 was using JL1 modem, R2 is using JL4. Check Scrizz's modem thread to get the JL1 modem.

[GC_R2 w/ JL4 Voodoo]

Reactions: bce461734

DaArtist401

Oct 5, 2007
I just flashed this rom but my phone's stuck in this boot cycle now. I suppose it's bricked now. I was gonna keep r1 but i had a problem with the camera that every time i would take a picture, it would exit the app. So that's y i decided to flash this rom. To fix that, and of course for any other minor issue Eugene has addressed. I had voodoolagfix jl4(which i believe is the one this rom is based off of) in place of clockworkmod. I installed that basically to see if it fixed some web browser lag i get on android. And when i wiped data and cache, i then flashed this rom. Is there something i did wrong? Could Voodoolagfix have been the problem? Is there a compatibility issue with it i perhaps? I didn't read anything about voodoolagfix in his post. I just wanna do anything to get the device as smooth as possible. It's in a boot cycle currently but i pulled the battery out as to not kill it. Any help would be great.

DCrozier28

Nov 22, 2010
This rom is seriously the best I have had. And definitely Eugenes best work. This rom is so smooth and responsive. I have found no bugs. Quadrant score was 1083 with out lagfix. I downloaded oclf and now my score is 1900. Thank you Eugene??

Eugene- when will the add ons be available?? I need wifi calling:)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

BoomBoomPOW

Dec 16, 2009
Uranus
I just flashed this rom but my phone's stuck in this boot cycle now. I suppose it's bricked now. I was gonna keep r1 but i had a problem with the camera that every time i would take a picture, it would exit the app. So that's y i decided to flash this rom. To fix that, and of course for any other minor issue Eugene has addressed. I had voodoolagfix jl4(which i believe is the one this rom is based off of) in place of clockworkmod. I installed that basically to see if it fixed some web browser lag i get on android. And when i wiped data and cache, i then flashed this rom. Is there something i did wrong? Could Voodoolagfix have been the problem? Is there a compatibility issue with it i perhaps? I didn't read anything about voodoolagfix in his post. I just wanna do anything to get the device as smooth as possible. It's in a boot cycle currently but i pulled the battery out as to not kill it. Any help would be great.

Pull out battery,

Run Odin,

Get into download mode (plug USB to computer but don't connect to phone, hold volume up&down keys (don't hold power), insert battery, insert USB to phone)

Odin should detect your device; yellow box COM port,

Load 512 pit, and stock JFD tar files,

Click Start!

After boot, transfer R2 zip to sdcard,

Reboot into recovery (power off; hold power and volume up&down to power up, let go after vibrant screen, reinstall packages, keep reinstalling until recovery shows up),

Wipe data and cache,

Flash R2.

[GC_R2 w/ JL4 Voodoo]

radar9

Jan 27, 2008
Honolulu
Did a Titanium backup, tossed the zip on the sd card. Rebooted into Recovery. Flashed the zip file. 10 minutes later, new toy to play with. Loaded Titanium back on and did a restore. All apps are back Badda bing. Nice ROM. Will play with it the next couple days at the beach and see how she runs.
Great work it looks like.

BoomBoomPOW

Dec 16, 2009
Uranus
Guys how's your Google maps working? I can't use the pinch rotate feature.

Pinch rotate feature? Never heard of it, lol. There was another maps update earlier, maybe that addressed it.

Edit, I read the changelog for the google maps update on the market. Tried twisting my fingers (I think I did that wrong), but yeah couldn't get whatever you were talking about to work, whatever that is. =p

[GC_R2 w/ JL4 Voodoo]

iynfynity

Sep 21, 2010
Pinch rotate feature? Never heard of it, lol. There was another maps update earlier, maybe that addressed it.

Edit, I read the changelog for the google maps update on the market. Tried twisting my fingers (I think I did that wrong), but yeah couldn't get whatever you were talking about to work, whatever that is. =p

[GC_R2 w/ JL4 Voodoo]

i think pinch is the wrong word. lol The new maps can be rotate using the 2 fingers. I already did that on macnut 14. Though it's not really that important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts