[Q] What a joke Anybody eles still not got the ICS update in UK

Search This thread

kiwirj

May 4, 2012
why is it a joke, the update will come. I'm just wondering if people who buy android do not release that the updates roll out in batches and can take time before they get it.

netham45

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2009
Denver
Yea, they can't feasiabally roll out the update to everyone at the same time, it'd overload their update servers.

You'll get it, probabally within a week, just be patient.

al2052

Mar 25, 2012
Still no update for me in UK, been trying for about 2 weeks, lost the poor signal problem, and back to uptodate message, must admit it would be nice if Acer was forthcoming with a bit of information.

Reactions: crazymanc

crazymanc

Apr 24, 2012
manchester
The rollout started on the 27th april 24th for others no support what so ever from acer in the uk no infomation has to why some users in the uk have not got it thats why its a JOKE :rolleyes: and yes i do no it is in order it goes by the devices serial number and i started this thread to get replys from people in the uk who havent got the update so i would no if anybody eles was still waiting not from people to tell me to be patient and that i do not no how acer roll's out there updates thankyou very much :cool:

nasimdejai

Aug 2, 2010
I'm in the UK, on stock 3.2,never rooted and never flashed custom ROMs and still haven't received the ICS even after installing the Enhancement app. Sent Acer UK an email and one of the solutions suggested by the rep was to reset the device to factory settings which I refused to go ahead with. It took me a long time to get the home screens the way I wanted them and apps installed. So,for someone to suggest factory reset is out of the question. I'd rather stay on Honeycomb till Windows 8 devices starts showing up,meaning no more android tablets for me. This is my 2nd Tablet and I've been absolutely disappointed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

CyaN1de

Dec 19, 2008
BC
I'm in the UK, on stock 3.2,never rooted and never flashed custom ROMs and still haven't received the ICS even after installing the Enhancement app. Sent Acer UK an email and one of the solutions suggested by the rep was to reset the device to factory settings which I refused to go ahead with. It took me a long time to get the home screens the way I wanted them and apps installed. So,for someone to suggest factory reset is out of the question. I'd rather stay on Honeycomb till Windows 8 devices starts showing up,meaning no more android tablets for me. This is my 2nd Tablet and I've been absolutely disappointed.

So you ***** about not getting the upgrade but refuse to do what was suggested by the manufacturer to facilitate the upgrade? And it's Acer's fault?

If you want ICS that badly then dl one of the many stock ICS roms and do it manually. No need to root either.

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

Last edited:

crazymanc

Apr 24, 2012
manchester
So you ***** about not getting the upgrade but refuse to do what was suggested by the manufacturer to facilitate the upgrade? And it's Acer's fault?

If you want ICS that badly then dl one of the many stock ICS roms and do it manually. No need to root either.

In all fairness we shouldn't have to factory reset are device and reinstall all the apps and get are home screens back how we had them just to receive a update from Acer in most cases anyway it does not work it didn't for me i did a factory reset, it sorted my issue out with the market not upgrading to play store but that was it still no ICS so factory reset doesn't always work that is just Acers answer to a lot of problems when the customer rings or emails regardless of the fault 9 times out of 10 this does solve the issue but i don't see the relevance to doing a factory reset so we can download the update from acers servers the problem is acers fault not the customer and not the device so i would ***** aswell if i was told to reset and reinstall all my data with no 100% guarantee that it would update to the ICS the stock ics roms are they fully working or is there still issues with the orientation and wifi ? CyaN1de are you running one of these stock roms or are you running ota thanks

nasimdejai

Aug 2, 2010
In all fairness we shouldn't have to factory reset are device and reinstall all the apps and get are home screens back how we had them just to receive a update from Acer in most cases anyway it does not work it didn't for me i did a factory reset, it sorted my issue out with the market not upgrading to play store but that was it still no ICS so factory reset doesn't always work that is just Acers answer to a lot of problems when the customer rings or emails regardless of the fault 9 times out of 10 this does solve the issue but i don't see the relevance to doing a factory reset so we can download the update from acers servers the problem is acers fault not the customer and not the device so i would ***** aswell if i was told to reset and reinstall all my data with no 100% guarantee that it would update to the ICS the stock ics roms are they fully working or is there still issues with the orientation and wifi ? CyaN1de are you running one of these stock roms or are you running ota thanks

Thanks for that response. Some ppl do not understand that not everyone is technically gifted in terms of installing custom ROMs or tweaking software on devices. One has to be very patient by following instructions to the letter and still, some end up bricking their devices.

CyaN1de

Dec 19, 2008
BC
CyaN1de are you running one of these stock roms or are you running ota thanks

I agree that a full reset should not be required, but complaining your unit is not getting OTA then not even trying what was suggested and blaming someone else is just silly. Now if the reset did not work THEN I would be complaining non-stop to whoever would listen. ;)

I run OTA on wifes A500 and custom Flexreaper (atm) on my A500 (had Icylicious on previously).

Put custom on mine the day I got it as I didn't want to wait for OTA because I'm an impatient SOB. :D

The 1.031 leaked rom on here is the same rom my wifes tab was updated to OTA. So simply extracting the update.zip to sd card and flashing via power+vol button is the same as getting it OTA from Acer.

1. Download zip from http://vache-android.com/v1/download.php?fileID=151
2. Unzip and extract update.zip from archive
3. Transfer update.zip to root of your micro sd card
4. Power up tablet holding power + vol (closest to power button) until you see something like "booting recovery kernal image" in upper left
5. Tablet will update to ICS and reboot.

All your apps and settings will remain as is.

Thanks for that response. Some ppl do not understand that not everyone is technically gifted in terms of installing custom ROMs or tweaking software on devices. One has to be very patient by following instructions to the letter and still, some end up bricking their devices.

Believe me, I am certainly not "technically gifted" in any way, shape or form. LOL

It simply comes down to following instructions (sometimes having to read them 3 or 4 times as not everyone's first language is English) written by the developers.

Last edited:

bungaboy

May 17, 2011
Cape Breton

Your post would read a lot easier with sentence structure and punctuation.

Thanks.

bungaboy

May 17, 2011
Cape Breton
. . . . . And what makes you think i give a **** what you think of my punctuation and grammer cant read it dont read it SIMPLES bye bye ya **** and have a nice day:cool:

Never said or implied that. Just made a factual statement.

Sorry if I hit a sore spot.

Does it make you feel better when you call people names?

Oh, BTW it's grammAr.:D

CyaN1de

Dec 19, 2008
BC
Cheers would this work for my uk device details are

Build number acer_a500_7.006.01_COM_GEN1
Kernel version 2.6.36.3+
android version 3.2

thanks again

Apparently the 1.031 has been OTA'd in both Europe and Canada that I have heard of (was originally reported as European release only) Take a read in the Dev section, I am sure the same question has been asked regarding compatibility with certain gen's.

I am not up on what the different gen's are but I believe the differences are in the locale settings such as wifi and gps and such.

Still trying to figure these all out.

crazymanc

Apr 24, 2012
manchester
Apparently the 1.031 has been OTA'd in both Europe and Canada that I have heard of (was originally reported as European release only) Take a read in the Dev section, I am sure the same question has been asked regarding compatibility with certain gen's.

I am not up on what the different gen's are but I believe the differences are in the locale settings such as wifi and gps and such.

Still trying to figure these all out.

Ok thanks for your help will report back once i give it ago thanks again

CyaN1de

Dec 19, 2008
BC
Try using search for your gen and see if anyone else has asked the question regarding this.

So many threads out there my head spins trying absorb the info....LOL

Last edited:

al2052

Mar 25, 2012
Its here in Uk (East Midlands),Got mine this morning 1/2hr download,10mins install, first reactions, dissapointing,expected more, yes display seems higher res, not yet noticed any other major changes but not used fully yet, so all you still waiting dont expect a lot.

sarah<3

May 5, 2012
corby
i STILL haven't received my ics update in corby (uk) its starting to really get on my nerves now! feeling like I'm the only 1 waiting lol..don't want to use a leaked 1 as I'm not 100% with where to put it etc when u extract bla bla. I'm pretty good with my tablet normally but so wouldn't trust myself with updating the firmware manually :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Still no update for me in UK, been trying for about 2 weeks, lost the poor signal problem, and back to uptodate message, must admit it would be nice if Acer was forthcoming with a bit of information.
    Hi guys,

Could anyone who has received the OTA UK upgrade, please advise
    the official build number?
    Fed up waiting for OTA, and confusing versions available (EU & WW) to download,
    but would prefer to get official stock.

Thanx for any help :)

Got mine today after i manully updated to 3.2.1 i checked for updates and ICS showed for me GEN1 aswell the build i got was Acer_AV041_A500_1.031.00_WW_GEN1 Iam in the UK so not sure where you are so your version might be different
    Fed up waiting for OTA, and confusing versions available (EU & WW) to download,
    but would prefer to get official stock.
    Shouldnt worry about it, Its not worth the wait,in my opinion ICS is a backword step even it had no bugs.