[ROM][4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10 for HTC One XL

Search This thread

mattpannella

Aug 4, 2010
Toms River, NJ
Re: [ROM][4.1.2][WEEKLY] CyanogenMod 10 for HTC One XL

checking back in again
has any work towards figuring out why(or fixing) cell data drops when the gps gets accessed? it makes the phone unusable sometimes
can be fixed by disabling wifi &mobile network location, but i like having google now

atombone

Sep 13, 2012
Hi guys
Quick question - is there a version out that does MHL?

I really would like to use my phone to watch movies on the lcd tv.

Sent from my One X using xda premium

Not sure if you received an answer but, I have not had luck with mhl support in any rom beside sense roms. A few months ago, h8 mentioned he getting an mhl adapter and working on implementation. But nothing since. Here's hoping he finds the precious time. :)

kshwetabh

Jun 24, 2010

checking back in again
has any work towards figuring out why(or fixing) cell data drops when the gps gets accessed? it makes the phone unusable sometimes
can be fixed by disabling wifi &mobile network location, but i like having google now

I second you. Have been plagued for a while by the data drop/unavailable when GPS is turned on.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

I

Icarus1391

Seeing how both 10 and 10.1 are released, is it safe to say that this is more stable than 10.1?

Both are stable. But CM10 have camera working perfectly and not screen tearing like in CM10.1

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

hv6478

Apr 14, 2009
So I just flashed it. It seemed to have gotten past the circular loading screen at the beginning at start up. It optimized the apps, but it has been on "starting apps" for a few minutes now. I didn't flash the CM10 boot.img but I did flash Rohan's first.

EDIT: It seems that flashing the CM10 one made it work...
EDIT2: Does Rohan's kernel even work with this? I flashed the zip in recovery and then flashed the boot.img and it gets stuck on the cyanogenmod loading screen.

It most definitely works, and extremely well if I may.

Full wipe EVERYTHING and start from scratch. After you flash the ROM/Gapps, reboot directly into bootloader, go to FASTBOOT USB and flash the boot.img, then type in

fastboot reboot

So the phone reboots itself automatically, ROM should work fine. In your case I'd try the stock CM10 boot.img FIRST, and if you're able to get it to work nicely then try Rohan's. Alternatively I've had other HOX owners have luck with doing the FULL WIPE, THEN flashing boot.img, rebooting (must force off first by holding POWER, after the last light flashes and the screen turns off hold VOL DOWN immediately, it should not turn back on, then you can VOL down + POWER to go into bootloader then to recovery), flashing ROM/GAPPS, reboot.

If none of that works for you, I personally am not sure what else can be done.

Out of curiosity, which HBOOT are you on?

hv6478

Apr 14, 2009
I am 1.14 hboot. And when you say "type in", where do I type that? I haven't had the need to use a command prompt yet for ROMs.

When you say you're flashing the boot.img, how and where are you doing that? This may explain the issues. Normally, from what I know, you need to flash the boot.img through FASTBOOT USB (go to bootloader with VOL DOWN + POWER, use VOL to navigate to "FASTBOOT", select power, then plug in the USB). Once you have FASTBOOT USB connected, you then need to open up a command prompt window in your fastboot folder, put the boot.img file into the same folder, and then run

fastboot flash boot boot.img

"boot.img" can be replaced with whatever the file name is of the kernel.

If most of this doesn't make sense, that's definitely why the ROM isn't working correctly.

EDIT: Check out >THIS LINK< it seems like it would definitely help quite a bit. I'm still on HBOOT 1.09 so I haven't ever had a need to separately flash the boot.img, so I don't have personal experience but that app is probably fantastic (give the OP a Thanks for sure). Also, >THIS LINK< has a huge amount of info collected into tons of links (it's a sticky in the One X Development thread), you should be able to gain some clarity there for sure.

Last edited:

theartialmartist

Feb 7, 2011

I am thrilled with my battery life now. regularly getting 4 hours screen on time over a 14 hour battery with automatic brightness, overclocked to 1.9 with rohans R7 kernel. 3.4 radio. i think.

Two small bugs: a few times a day now its telling me no SIM is inserted and I "have to reboot". I get around this by disabling/enabling airplane mode but.. dafuq?

Also my Cell Standby is still hovering around 25% of battery use

halp?

Reactions: jcjcc

ethantarheels123

Jan 11, 2009

With kernel source can't we just get rid of the kernel wakelocks now?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

boomn

Feb 2, 2011
that's the stable one. I want the last weekly/nightly that came out for cm10.

They did not post a 2/17 weekly build. 2/10 is still the lastest/current CM10 build and is third from the bottom in that list

It would be nice to have confirmation whether CM10 builds will continue in the future or if the focus has completely moved to CM10.1

Reactions: EvansC

h8rift

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2010
Weekly builds of CM10 have ceased further development (we weren't allowed to do both CM10 and CM10.1 at the same time....they're both Jellybean, after all).

I'll make some adjustments to the OP, but feel free to continue using CM10 or move to CM10.1. We've got some camera fixes on the way for next nightly that pretty much gets everything to the same level as CM10....just better (just my opinion).

Thanks!
-h8rift

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

No new weekly builds will be created on get.cm, as we can only have 4.1 or 4.2 and we are already on 4.2.2 nightlies (please see my signature to a link to CM10.1). You can still use CM10 to your heart's content, there just will not be any further builds.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is the official Weekly Build of CM10 for the AT&T HTC One X / HTC One XL.

Installation Instructions
    1. Go to http://get.cm/?device=evita and download the latest CM10 weekly.
    2. Locate Gapps via a quick Google search.
    3. Fully wipe your device from Recovery if you are not coming from CM10 already.
    4. Reboot into recovery and install.

Changelog
    • You can find the latest Changelog here
    *Cough* Anyways! I'm happy that you're accepting input from the community on these issues! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing a more stable new build of this ROM!

On an entirely unrelated note, have you touched FM radio or Google Wallet recently? I'm just curious, having no real need for either myself, but it seems like they were discussed earlier and then sort of dropped.

Well, I put a ton of hours into figuring out Google Wallet....and I'm at a loss currently. I tabled it instead of pounding my head against the wall. I dont know enough about what AT&T does to the NFC Secure element to know if they could have locked it to Isis or not. Part of me believes this, the other part believes that if that was the case, the SGS2 would not have been able to use Gwallet either.

As far as FM Radio goes, there is some other magic we are focusing on first before jumping on this again (put alot of hours into that as well, not nearly as many as Gwallet though).

Right now, the reason no one has seen any new, must have features added in the last bit is because qcom finally open sourced prima_wlan (woo hoo!) so we are getting the ville, jewel, and evita kernels merged into one, rather than three branches. This is very important so we can get this sucker patched up to current day.

Why is this important? This enables us to obtain HW VSYNC (aka Project Butter), HDMI out truly fixed, USB OTG *with* powered 5V out of USB (this means, no more Y cable and no more powered USB hubs to get USB stuff to work!), plus tons of other goodies (Yes, that coveted 100mb of RAM that is allocated for PMEM will finally be freed up for you RAM junkies).

These are huge, and the kernel has pretty much been tabled while we were all piecing together everything else. Now its the main course...so you may feel like 'nothing is getting done' for a little bit. That should be exactly what it should feel like. That means we aren't breaking things while moving to a newer kernel and patching up to the newest.

Thanks for your understanding,
    -h8rift
    Reserved

FAQs
    Q: My paid application (ex Swype, Swiftkey, Beautiful Widgets) is not there/set by default after a reboot.
    A: This is a known Jellybean problem. See here for more details.

Q: Face Unlock isn't working?
    A: Use Formula84's Gapps. You can find them with a quick google search :).

Q: Got wakelocks?
    A: Stop using Facebook and Google Maps. Seriously though, CM10 is not feature complete yet...this stuff is gonna happen.

Q: My signal strength says 4G. Why is there no LTE?
    A: E=Edge, 3G = UMTS, H = HSPA/HSPA+, 4G = LTE

Q: My Notification LEDs dont seem to work right?
    A: Go to Settings -> Display -> Notification LEDs -> Add each application you want to have a notification for -> Set it to green color and long. (thanks to Richard V. for digging through this!)

Shoutouts
    intervigil - Being a freaking genius.
    xkonni - For also being a freaking genius, and making me laugh while I should be working.
    toastcfh - Evo LTE maintainer. All around great guy!
    vinvinvinster - Getting me back into Android development and initial CM9 port!
    rohan - Awesome dude, breaks his back (and his laptop) to bring you guys AOKP.
    dzo - A coding BEAST! Thanks for the camera HAL!

CyanogenMod Wiki
    HTC One XL (evita)
    FYI guys. We've merged into CM mainline now. Waiting to be added to the lunch menu for CM10 nightlies (CM10 Nightlies started today for other devices!) :).

Next things I am trying to tinker with are:

Needed:
    * Video Camera of course

Then:
    * FM Radio
    * Google Wallet
    * Bugs

Thanks,
    -h8
    Guys....relax on GPS. We are looking into the wake lock caused by it. Its writing close to 12k lines per second in log cat while its on.

Personally I never use it, so it didn't cause me any issues.

BTW...next build has camera (including panorama), phone/speaker audio volume, SIM unlock fixes ;). Hope to have this up tonight for you :).