[Q] Warning! Camera Failed Message

Search This thread

wahzeemu

Jul 14, 2008
Nairobi
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 and from the start I have not been able to take a picture. Whenever I open the camera application, I get the message "Warning Camera Failed". I have tried the factory reset, WANAM camera fix, various Stock Roms and I am evening running the Omera ROM right now. None of these seem to work, could this be a hardware or software issue and is there a fix for it?:mad:

otacon888

Jan 15, 2008
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 and from the start I have not been able to take a picture. Whenever I open the camera application, I get the message "Warning Camera Failed". I have tried the factory reset, WANAM camera fix, various Stock Roms and I am evening running the Omera ROM right now. None of these seem to work, could this be a hardware or software issue and is there a fix for it?:mad:

Test the camera in test mode. Enter *#0*# on your dialpad and choose mega cam and see if the camera works there. If it still crashes there, then chances are it's a hardware problem.

Reactions: wahzeemu

wahzeemu

Jul 14, 2008
Nairobi
Thanks so much otacon88. I have tried the camera in test mode and it still does not work. So it is safe to assume its a hardware problem?

Test the camera in test mode. Enter *#0*# on your dialpad and choose mega cam and see if the camera works there. If it still crashes there, then chances are it's a hardware problem.

wahzeemu

Jul 14, 2008
Nairobi
I guess that is what I will be doing tomorrow. However I tried the front facing camera and that works. How do i remove the custom firmware that I have put and install the stock firmware back so that I do not have any issues with my warranty

If it didn't work on stock firmware I would return the phone immediately :eek:

Mittaa

Jan 18, 2009
I guess that is what I will be doing tomorrow. However I tried the front facing camera and that works. How do i remove the custom firmware that I have put and install the stock firmware back so that I do not have any issues with my warranty

Flash appropriate Stock Firmware from here ... use Odin PC to flash it.
Maybe your Camera will work after flash LOL

sandinos

Sep 28, 2011
If you have message "Camera failed"...
First of all try this: Open Camera app from the "Application manager" and do "Clear data", then restart the phone.
Second: Do a Factory reset (of course save your data!).
Third: Reinstall Android OS.
If this not help you, you have a hardware problem. You need to change the camera.
--------------------
Video tutorial:
http://youtu.be/3nzetqisty0

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.