Request: LG Quick Remote for AOSP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

steveo17

Sep 30, 2010
South Amboy
I have a request. Are there any devs out there that can get the LG quick remote app working on AOSP roms? I have found a zip, but it doesnt seem to work in AOSP. I would love if i could have the remote working on CM 10.2!!

moosc

Feb 21, 2010
Charlotte NC
This is going to be issue and same reason why there are no 3rd party remote apps, like the g2 camera you will need a lot lg framework to make it work. This is the reason I'm not flashing any more roms. Asop cameras suck you loose alot of g2 features. After years of abuse by asop style roms I'm happy with what lg has given us.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

Reactions: martindar

steveo17

Sep 30, 2010
South Amboy
This is going to be issue and same reason why there are no 3rd party remote apps, like the g2 camera you will need a lot lg framework to make it work. This is the reason I'm not flashing any more roms. Asop cameras suck you loose alot of g2 features. After years of abuse by asop style roms I'm happy with what lg has given us.

yeah so i've heard. i emailed the DEV of the remote app for the gs4 and htc one. hoping we can get some support. waht features are we missing from LG's camera software?

moosc

Feb 21, 2010
Charlotte NC
Some one already emailed that dev and asked if they were going to put out there app for the G2. His response was that the remote stuff was built into lg unlike the hTc and Samsung phones. Camera you'll lose everything that is in the lg camera.
yeah so i've heard. i emailed the DEV of the remote app for the gs4 and htc one. hoping we can get some support. waht features are we missing from LG's camera software?

steveo17

Sep 30, 2010
South Amboy
Some one already emailed that dev and asked if they were going to put out there app for the G2. His response was that the remote stuff was built into lg unlike the hTc and Samsung phones. Camera you'll lose everything that is in the lg camera.

right this is what he said:

"Hi

Unfortunately the LG has their communication with the infrared sensor private and we would have to go through their app and use their database which is something that would introduce many other problems , not to mention that the app would be half ours and not having control over the database would mean not having control over what users need .

If their policy will change we will definitely take this device into consideration .

Thank you for your interest in our app!

Regards,

Alina"

moosc

Feb 21, 2010
Charlotte NC
Yep sucks

"Hi

Unfortunately the LG has their communication with the infrared sensor private and we would have to go through their app and use their database which is something that would introduce many other problems , not to mention that the app would be half ours and not having control over the database would mean not having control over what users need .

If their policy will change we will definitely take this device into consideration .

Regards,

Alina"

brasilguy

Feb 2, 2013
It CAN be done, it has been done before

"Hi

Regards,

Alina"

This is inaccurate. The LG Q Remote has been used on CM and other AOSP-based ROMS on other devices. The following link is for a download for the Q Remote for the Optimus G Pro that works on AOSP-based roms. I've tried it on the G2 and unfortunately it doesn't work... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2458277&page=2

steveo17

Sep 30, 2010
South Amboy

RieGo

Apr 1, 2010
tried porting the QRemote today... no success so far.
seems like LGQRemote.apk does only contain resources, but no code (unlike the QRemote from Optimus G)
maybe someone else has more knowledge of porting, we really need to get this working :)

steveo17

Sep 30, 2010
South Amboy
looks like 4.4 is going to treat the lg g2 nicely. IR support is native to 4.4 now!!

IR Blasters

Android 4.4 introduces platform support for built-in IR blasters, along with a new API and system service that let you create apps to take advantage them.

Using the new API, you can build apps that let users remotely control nearby TVs, tuners, switches, and other electronic devices. The API lets your app check whether the phone or tablet has an infrared emitter, query it's carrier frequencies, and then send infrared signals.

Because the API is standard across Android devices running Android 4.4 or higher, your app can support the broadest possible range of vendors without writing custom integration code.

__nv__

Jul 18, 2009
Hopefully macro's (like on a harmony remote) could be programmed in with the new API, any know?

RieGo

Apr 1, 2010
looks like 4.4 is going to treat the lg g2 nicely. IR support is native to 4.4 now!!
hopefully the nexus 5 has the same IR hardware, so it would be no problem to port or something...

Hopefully macro's (like on a harmony remote) could be programmed in with the new API, any know?
i'm sure, you just have to build apps for it ;)

btw i think i don't waste my time trying to port the qremote, let's see if kitkat works fine with the g2 IR out of the box

steveo17

Sep 30, 2010
South Amboy
hopefully the nexus 5 has the same IR hardware, so it would be no problem to port or something...

i'm sure, you just have to build apps for it ;)

btw i think i don't waste my time trying to port the qremote, let's see if kitkat works fine with the g2 IR out of the box

Pretty sure the n5 didn't have ir in it.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

RieGo

Apr 1, 2010
i guess you're right...
kitkat builds will come tomorrow i guess, so we will see :)

joq3

Jun 27, 2010
Sorry for a huge bump. But I want to know what has happened with the new KitKat-update. Did it bring some new functionality to IR on G2?
I like Quick Remote but I would love to have a one-button macro to start everything?!

Is there any apps out there that support the LG G2 where you can put an icon on the desktop to start a macro?
Something with Tasker support would be great. To start Airplay, my receiver and spotify at the same time!

Thank you!

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Sorry for a huge bump. But I want to know what has happened with the new KitKat-update. Did it bring some new functionality to IR on G2?
I like Quick Remote but I would love to have a one-button macro to start everything?!

Is there any apps out there that support the LG G2 where you can put an icon on the desktop to start a macro?
Something with Tasker support would be great. To start Airplay, my receiver and spotify at the same time!

Thank you!

Why are you posting in this ancient thread and not the ACTUAL thread??

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2596104

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.