Screen question

Search This thread

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
I currently have a Note 3 and I was looking to replace it with the G3. My only problem is that I'm really used to the awesome look of a Super AMOLED screen and I was wondering if anyone has compared the Note 3's screen to the G3 and can tell me if the WQHD IPS panel has the same if not better look and contrast to it. I'm just tired of my phone and its annoying physical home button on the front, and I would much rather have a G3 because it looks better and its almost the same screen size. I know that Samsung will be keeping their annoying button because of their fingerprint sensor so I want something different. If no one has compared them, are there any places state side that have a demo model to look at yet? thanks in advance.

Kawaisa

Oct 31, 2011
Here are the numbers, the Note 3 isn't included but you can get an idea

Attachments

• contrast.png
    contrast.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 125

aim1126

Nov 9, 2009
No IPS panel is gonna beat Amoled in contrast since Amoled shows pure black. The issues that I have with Amoled are, pentile matrix and ghosting

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
No IPS panel is gonna beat Amoled in contrast since Amoled shows pure black. The issues that I have with Amoled are, pentile matrix and ghosting

I'm aware of that, but does it still have good contrast? I have IPS panels in devices and and I am not very impressed with their images. I haven't encountered any ghosting on my AMOLED yet but I think a change can be good. My N7's screen is noticeably worse than that of my note when I compare them side by side as is my now dead G Pad. From what I have read people are generally happy with the G3's screen, but since 100% of the time you are on your phone you look at the screen, I want to make sure that it looks as nice as it sounds and can provide deeper saturation depending on what I am doing (games, movies or just on xda of course) as the AMOLED does. I havent had a IPS panel phone in quite sometime, but rather other devices of sorts so I don't know how a smaller screen would look in these scenarios.

aim1126

Nov 9, 2009
I'm aware of that, but does it still have good contrast? I have IPS panels in devices and and I am not very impressed with their images. I haven't encountered any ghosting on my AMOLED yet but I think a change can be good. My N7's screen is noticeably worse than that of my note when I compare them side by side as is my now dead G Pad. From what I have read people are generally happy with the G3's screen, but since 100% of the time you are on your phone you look at the screen, I want to make sure that it looks as nice as it sounds and can provide deeper saturation depending on what I am doing (games, movies or just on xda of course) as the AMOLED does. I havent had a IPS panel phone in quite sometime, but rather other devices of sorts so I don't know how a smaller screen would look in these scenarios.

According to the gsmarena review. The contrast is lacking compared to other IPS panels. Specially the g2's panel. I'm with you I love the deep blacks that you get on Amoled screens. I could not stand the contrast of my m8 and it was the main reason why I returned it. The g2 screen is the only IPS panel that has truly impressed me. In fact I thought the phone had an Amoled screen the first time I saw it