[ROM][4.4.4][Official][CMB Roms - Ghost [Moto X] All variants with Unlocked Bootloader[07/14/14]

Search This thread

r_diaz13

Sep 30, 2012
Can someone include screenshots? I'd like to see how this looks :)
uploadfromtaptalk1405864967156.jpg

Google it my friend..they have their own website and there are tons of screen shots there

Bill Idol

Aug 4, 2007
San Francisco
Hello, have been using this ROM for the past 2 days and I love it even though the speakerphone doesn't work. I was wondering does anyone have an issue with the gps turn by turn on maps with not being able to hear it. I don't have the speaker disabled but still don't hear anything. Is this related to the speakerphone not working? TIA.

Sent from my Moto X using XDA Free mobile app

nycbjr

Oct 10, 2006
New York
Hello, have been using this ROM for the past 2 days and I love it even though the speakerphone doesn't work. I was wondering does anyone have an issue with the gps turn by turn on maps with not being able to hear it. I don't have the speaker disabled but still don't hear anything. Is this related to the speakerphone not working? TIA.

All this works for me, including the speaker phone

Bill Idol

Aug 4, 2007
San Francisco
OK I know what happened, I flashed the old ROM. Downloading the latest one right now. I'll respond back after flashing newest build.:D

kerryh420

Account currently disabled
Dec 19, 2013
Usa
cutt.ly
version

I saw 4.4.4 custom roms before android version 4.4.4. was even released in US. I ran some, while, and still am on 4.4.2. do you have to upgrade from 4.4;2 to 4.4.4 to run this Rom?

And what happened to the warnings about making sure you were on the right release before flashing? guess I been out of the loop awhile.

Anyone?

kerryh420

Account currently disabled
Dec 19, 2013
Usa
cutt.ly
Not working:

Bluetooth
Wi-fi

Xt1060DE
Not rooted
No xposed
Unlocked BL
Sbf'd back to stock 4.4.2 from custom roms. Upon reboot to clean factory stock am told update is available but when I check it in about phone it says I am up to date even though Android version says 4.4.2.

It can't be no OTA because BL is unlocked as I upgraded from 4.4 to 4.4.2 w/o relocating it. Anyways, not working:

Wi-fi
Bluetooth

D

Deleted member 4333722

How's the battery life, everyone? I've been using the stock firmware since I bought the device, but after trying to modify Active Display and ruining it, I figured it was a good time to go back to my old ways. I have always experienced sub-par battery life on custom ROMS though. Does anyone know of a good kernel for this? Faux didn't work for me on Paranoid Android. Maybe it will here.

Bill Idol

Aug 4, 2007
San Francisco
I saw 4.4.4 custom roms before android version 4.4.4. was even released in US. I ran some, while, and still am on 4.4.2. do you have to upgrade from 4.4;2 to 4.4.4 to run this Rom?

And what happened to the warnings about making sure you were on the right release before flashing? guess I been out of the loop awhile.

Anyone?

I am on 4.4.2 and I flashed this ROM and it runs great. So no you don't have to be on 4.4.4 to run this rom. Battery is OK but since I use it a lot I still charge it every chance I get.

Gafanhotz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 7, 2011
Liked this ROM, I plan to keep it but what will be the fate of it's development for Moto X without an maintainer on CM's side? Will be kept as usual? (Also, it still has the same bugs as CM? I didn't had enough time to test everyone out of it yet.)

Bill Idol

Aug 4, 2007
San Francisco
Liked this ROM, I plan to keep it but what will be the fate of it's development for Moto X without an maintainer on CM's side? Will be kept as usual? (Also, it still has the same bugs as CM? I didn't had enough time to test everyone out of it yet.)

I don't know what bugs because I haven't run a custom ROM in such a long time. I do know that with CM in the beginning of the ROM development for Moto X it was the speaker phone always out. This ROM the speaker phone works fine. :D

Sent from my Moto X using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

orky87

Jan 3, 2011
This ROM refuses to flash it flash fails after 2-3 seconds coming from a freshly stock+rooted 4.4.2 EU ROM.

xt1052

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4333722

Where can I get easy updates for this ROM? There's no update option in the settings.

Dr Lexus

Jul 24, 2012
Austin
Unable to Boot on RW XT1049

I've been unable to boot on Republic Wireless XT1049 with unlocked bootloader. It just goes to the "warning bootloader unlocked" screen, vibrates once, and stays on that screen.

I unlocked with Sunshine method,, flashed TWRP v2.8.0.1, flashed supersu image, and am able to run stuff like Titanium Backup just fine, so it looks rooted ok. I extracted the boot.img to my PC, and tried flashing it, just for the sake of troubleshooting, with both fastboot and mfastboot. Although, I don't think flashing the boot image first is necessary. I tried back-to-back reflashes & back-to-back reboots, which has helped when flashing ROMs on other devices. After giving up for a while, I restored my TWRP backup without bothering to flash the stock boot image, and it boots restored stock ROM just fine.

Prior to flashing, I did Advanced Wipe -> Dalvik Cache, Data, Cache, and System, then install/flash the ROM. Each time I start to reboot, it says not rooted, and asks to install SuperSU. I've wiped, installed, and rebooted with, and without, installing SuperSU.

All the above attempts were without signature check, which is default, and which is what I've usually done on other phones. I saw no errors reported. I finally tried with signature check, and got error, "E: Zip signature verification failed: 1". Does that simply mean I need to re-download the ROM? If so, then I have to wait once again until I get home tonight. Mediafire.com appears to be blocked here at work.

settings -> about phone -> HW version = P30.
settings -> about phone -> Baseband version = MSM8960PRO_BP_2323.034.116.00R

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
30.B4 (sha-a542ee0, 2013-12-20 15:07:04)
eMMC: 16GB Toshiba RV=06 PV=01 TY=17
DRAM: 2048MB Hynix S4 SDRAM DIE=4Gb

Sorry for the long post. I'm a noob, just trying to provide as much info as I could think of :silly: Thanks!

nycbjr

Oct 10, 2006
New York
I've been unable to boot on Republic Wireless XT1049 with unlocked bootloader. It just goes to the "warning bootloader unlocked" screen, vibrates once, and stays on that screen.

I unlocked with Sunshine method,, flashed TWRP v2.8.0.1, flashed supersu image, and am able to run stuff like Titanium Backup just fine, so it looks rooted ok. I extracted the boot.img to my PC, and tried flashing it, just for the sake of troubleshooting, with both fastboot and mfastboot. Although, I don't think flashing the boot image first is necessary. I tried back-to-back reflashes & back-to-back reboots, which has helped when flashing ROMs on other devices. After giving up for a while, I restored my TWRP backup without bothering to flash the stock boot image, and it boots restored stock ROM just fine.

Prior to flashing, I did Advanced Wipe -> Dalvik Cache, Data, Cache, and System, then install/flash the ROM. Each time I start to reboot, it says not rooted, and asks to install SuperSU. I've wiped, installed, and rebooted with, and without, installing SuperSU.

All the above attempts were without signature check, which is default, and which is what I've usually done on other phones. I saw no errors reported. I finally tried with signature check, and got error, "E: Zip signature verification failed: 1". Does that simply mean I need to re-download the ROM? If so, then I have to wait once again until I get home tonight. Mediafire.com appears to be blocked here at work.

settings -> about phone -> HW version = P30.
settings -> about phone -> Baseband version = MSM8960PRO_BP_2323.034.116.00R

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
30.B4 (sha-a542ee0, 2013-12-20 15:07:04)
eMMC: 16GB Toshiba RV=06 PV=01 TY=17
DRAM: 2048MB Hynix S4 SDRAM DIE=4Gb

Sorry for the long post. I'm a noob, just trying to provide as much info as I could think of :silly: Thanks!

I've experienced this occasionally. Sometimes it will take a long time at that screen, then it will boot. Usually a long time after first flash. Wait up to 5 minutes if it still doesn't boot.
cap a log cat.

Dr Lexus

Jul 24, 2012
Austin
I've experienced this occasionally. Sometimes it will take a long time at that screen, then it will boot. Usually a long time after first flash. Wait up to 5 minutes if it still doesn't boot.
cap a log cat.

I got it to boot, but it was a second download. Yes, the time that it stays on that screen varies, however I don't remember it taking that long anymore, once it's booted after the first flash.

I've flashed it several times, for various reasons.

One reason, is that I was trying to work out how to stop gapps from overwriting the awesome launcher. I was surprised when I saw gapps replace the existing launcher when I flashed the zip in TWRP. I kept trying to not flash gapps, but instead install only certain Google services by using Titanium Backup (TB) to capture them from my stock ROM, then load them after flashing the ROM. I tried a number of things, before trying something a lot more simple. I flashed this ROM, installed my zip of TB, made TB backup of launcher, installed gapps, then restored TB backup of launcher. I love the launcher in this ROM.

Unfortunately, I had to flash back to stock ROM, because I'm on Republic Wireless (RW). I tried using TB backups of the RW apps/services, but haven't figured out how to get them to work yet. I haven't yet tried to search the XDA forums, or RW forums, yet. I'll be doing so pretty soon.

Thanks!

Dr Lexus

Jul 24, 2012
Austin
I found a cleaner solution to the dilemma of gapps overwriting the launcher, in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2397942. If you're unaware, there are many versions of gapps, ranging from fully loaded, to extremely minimal google services. Although I just found it, and haven't tried flashing it yet. Check that thread for the downloads.

I'd gone quite a while not flashing ROM's & gapps. I'd guessed that such a search would've been difficult, but it was easy. Yay.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][4.4.4][Official][CMB Roms - Ghost [Moto X] All variants with Unlocked Bootloader[07/14/14]

postingheader-web.png

Welcome to CMB Roms- CM done Better *or different... Dark Themed for his/her Pleasure

Why CMB?
    We are just better :), in a nutshell we set out to give you the best of CM, with none of the annoying features (see list below), all this wrapped in a custom black theme. We used the KISS principal when deciding what to offer, we based our frameworks on CM alone (not FrankenFrameworks like some others out there), enabling us to provide updates and bug fixes as soon as CM does. This doesn't mean we are only relying on them for development, it just eases merging.

Features
    • Based on Android 4.4.2_r2, CM11.0
    • All current features CM11.0
    • Customized Dark Holo Theme With Gray ActionBars
    • Dark Mms with Gray AB
    • Dark Calendar
    • Dark Contacts
    • Dark Dialer with Gray AB's and custom call log
    • Ramdisk security tweaks, you can adb as root now!
    • Bash "tab to complete"
    • Remount helper, in adb shell

Old
      Code:
      mount -o rw,remount /system
      New
      Code:
      remount /system
      Better Right?? :)
    We plan to add more features, suggestions are welcome (but sometimes ignored :p)

Navigating CMB roms
    Enough already where do I find CMB for MY device?
    Post 2 - Developer Comments - Device specific bugs, Changelog
    Post 3 - Stable, and developer preview Download's and Device specific Instructions

Supported Devices 4.3/4.4
    • Nexus 5
    • LG G Pad 8.3
    • Sony Tablet Z, LTE, WIFI
    • Sony Xperia ZL
    • LGE G2
    • Nexus 7 (2k12,2k13)
    • Galaxy Note 8
    The Team
    • @nycbjr - Team Leader, creative mastermind, Maintainer, MotoX, Hammerhead (Nexus 5), Co-maintainer V500 (GPad 8.3) Pollux (Xperia Tablet Z), Odin (Xperia ZL), N5110 (Note 8)
    • @Drgravy1 Dark master of Calendar - Maintainer - LGE G2, Co-maintainer V500
    • @lj50036 - Maintainer Asus - HTC One Verizon
    • @otisbartleh - Theme/Dark Apps consultant
    • @termleech - Team Cheerleader :)
    Interested in joining the team? Or know someone? We want to add more devices, if you know how to build, and have a device not on our list pm nycbjr, or hop on our IRC #cmbroms

Credits
    • Google, wow is all I can say!
    • CyanogenMod we wouldn't be doing this if if weren't for them (even if they are for profit now hah).
    • PA for the basis of our Gapps package!
    • TeamBaked, learned allot maintaining for that team. Thanks Travis!
    • If you are left out and feel you should receive credit please PM or tweet us and we will include credit.
    Github
    @cmbroms Twitter
    Google +
    #cmbroms IRC

Disclaimer: CMB Roms is not responsible for anything you do to your device, but we will do our best to assist

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official CMB Roms - msm8960dt - Moto X - Unlocked BL, ROM for the Moto X

Contributors
    nycbjr
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: This one :)
    Stable Release Date: 2014-07-14

Created 2014-05-08
    Last Updated 2014-07-14
    Developer Comments/Know Issues/Changelog

Developer Comments
    Back again after a long life changing sabbatical.. I apologize for the long time in between releases but it couldn't be helped, I had no technology for a month. I've been busy catching, and making some theme changes I hope you are going to like, gone is holo blue light, and in is holo blue dark..

Back after an all to long hiatus!. You might remember me from such devices as the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (rooter), TF700T (first released AOSP rom), Pollux_windy (fix for gps on aosp roms), LG Gpad 8.3 (first device tree/custom aosp rom). By twist of fate My Nexus 5 was taken from me, I am pleased to bring you CMB Roms for the Moto X! I hope you enjoy this "craft brewed" rom, I sure love creating it :D

Know Issues
    • You tell me

Changelog
    • KK3 CMB Moto X release 4.4.4 [07/14/2014]
      Rollup changes to android 4.4.4​
      Theme tweaks, from holo blue light to dark holo blue​
    • KK3 CMB Moto X release 4.4.2r3 [05/12/2014]
      In call beeping fixed​
    • KK3 CMB Moto X release 4.4.2r2 [05/08/2014]
    Downloads and Instructions

Downloads!

Current Releases
    • CMB Roms - [Ghost Unlocked Bootloaders][Moto X] [07/14/2014] Click me
      - MD5 5eec4cc469daf067360925267ca100d6
      [*]Gapps
    *note you can use any gapps package but many remove the stock mms, this version doesn't do that, I prefer the stock mms over hangouts.

Previous Releases
    • CMB Roms - [Ghost Unlocked Bootloaders][Moto X] [05/12/2014] Click me
      - MD5 08dd74bfebe22d2f6c4e254a906d06a6
      [*]Gapps
    [*]CMB Roms - [Ghost Unlocked Bootloaders][Moto X] [05/08/2014] Click me
    - MD5 db967658c2a9274146cb5ad88201625c
    [/LIST]
    Instructions
    • Unlock Bootloader
    • Install one of the custom recoveries (TWRP recommended)
    • Copy rom and gapps to your sdcard
    • Reboot into recovery using adb
      Code:
      [color=#333333]adb reboot recovery[/COLOR]
    • Wipe data/Factory Reset
    • Flash Rom and Gapps
    • Reboot and Enjoy

Tips/Tricks
    • Root is turned off by default in CM derived roms, you must enable developer settings first (tap the build number 8 times under about device), then enable root under Developer Settings
    reserved.
    filler
    filler
    I do too, was annoying the living HELL out of me when calling my mother yesterday lol I'm running a build now, if it gets fixed (should), I'l post an update ASAP, thanks for the conformation that it wasn't just me hah!

Great thanks I will update the thread details

Confirmed Fixed in this build, uploading it now, will post shortly