[Q] Rooting and ROMS on Motorola XT910 Razr

Search This thread

veronicathecow

Aug 24, 2014
[Q] Rooting and ROMS on Motorola XT910 Razr
Hi Newbie with first post so please forgive any errors.
XT910 Razr, System version 982.124.14.XT910.Retail.en.EU, Android 4.1.2 Baseband u_04.10.00R, Kernel3.0.8-g7198280, Build 9.8.20-124_SPUEM-14
My PC is Running PCLinuxOS X64 Minime 2014 fully updated

What I want to achieve is a clean phone with no bloatware and best battery life with full functionality (UK phone).
I was wondering if just rooting the phone will be the best method or is there a better ROM I could try and install?
I have tried rooting it with help from a VID from TheRazrGuy but when running the virtualbox tinycore it loops including the text "eth1: Detected Tx Unit Hang."
Also the linked Motorola Drivers are .msi files (Windows installer files)
I should also mention that I was told this device has been rooted, AVG says "Unsecure privileged mode detected" but "Root Checker Advanced" says "You don't have root access"
Any thoughts much appreciated.
Thanks
Tony

veronicathecow

Aug 24, 2014
Can someone recommend a more suitable forum

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can recommend another forum to help with this problem?
Whilst a number of people have viewed it I have had no replies which may be due my device running in the UK. So if anyone has an idea of which forum might be better equipped to answer this question it would be much appreciated. Thanks.