HTC Touch Dual Official ROM release Dec. 23 2008 (WWE)

Search This thread

delapi

Mar 15, 2008
Look in the Nike SSPL, USPL and HardSPL sticky thread, there's all you need, including a description on how to flash it!

Dear senior,

Isn't this ROM Official?I have read in other forum that the official ROM doesn't need to hardspl,.... and we can only need to execute exe file of official ROM.
my cell phone is HTC TOUCH DUAL(Niki100) with spl-1.16.0000,CPLD-4.
let me know about this idea!

Last edited:

rling

Dec 12, 2007
Adelaide
Dear senior,

Isn't this ROM Official?I have read in other forum that the official ROM doesn't need to hardspl,.... and we can only need to execute exe file of official ROM.
my cell phone is HTC TOUCH DUAL(Niki100) with spl-1.16.0000,CPLD-4.
let me know about this idea!

Official ROMS have new ROM, radios and SPL in them. If your phone does not have a HardSPL installed previously, then ROM, radio and SPL will be updated. If HardSPL has been installed, then only the radio and ROM will be updated.

If you want to flash other ROMS, get HardSPL installed for insurance. It will allow you to recover the phone should something go wrong. The same can also apply to official ROMS. HardSPL your phone, and then flash the new ROMS. That way, if something goes wrong during flashing - power failure, USB plug fell out, dog ate the phone etc - you can still restore or reflash a ROM.

delapi

Mar 15, 2008
Official ROMS have new ROM, radios and SPL in them. If your phone does not have a HardSPL installed previously, then ROM, radio and SPL will be updated. If HardSPL has been installed, then only the radio and ROM will be updated.

If you want to flash other ROMS, get HardSPL installed for insurance. It will allow you to recover the phone should something go wrong. The same can also apply to official ROMS. HardSPL your phone, and then flash the new ROMS. That way, if something goes wrong during flashing - power failure, USB plug fell out, dog ate the phone etc - you can still restore or reflash a ROM.

Dear,
thank you very much for your cooperation.
also I required to tell every thing that I did for flashing cell phone(HTC Touch Dual) to official ROM wm6.1 (it's download with S/N:HT746GC11030) with this specification:

ROM Version:2.16.831.3
Radio Version:1.65.29.22
Build 19981.1.2.9

In your case, follow these steps:

1. download the spl files (flash-uspl-niki.zip & sspl-1.16-nike)
2. REMOVE SIM and SD CARDS !!
3. connect usb cable
4. copy sspl-1.16-nike.exe to your device and run it (usb cable must be connected!)
5. after a few seconds "USB" appears on the display
6. unplug and replug the usb cable
8. you can now flash the uspl by running ROMUpdateUtility.exe from flash-uspl-niki
9. after installing the uspl the phone will reboot
10. after that you can flash the HTC rom update.

after that you have a cell phone with spl 1.22 (that is very fast)

with regards

Last edited:

medowance

Oct 16, 2005
Can someone reconfirm, this version does it have Touchflo?? or HTC Home??

If not, after I flash, where can I get it?? Hope some one can link me to the proper cab file for the installation and as well as the advance config cab.

Thank you very much

delapi

Mar 15, 2008
Can someone reconfirm, this version does it have Touchflo?? or HTC Home??

If not, after I flash, where can I get it?? Hope some one can link me to the proper cab file for the installation and as well as the advance config cab.

Thank you very much

yes,I downloaded it works very fast.This version has Touchflo and HTC Home.

Last edited:

jarob10

Jul 12, 2007
anyone else have problems with internet access using the default browser?

windows live, weather and google maps all working fine. Opera appears to work OK as well.

Red Arrow

Apr 6, 2008
Can someone put up a direct link to the UK version please? I've gone onto the HTC site and when I entered my serial number it said the software is not suitable for my device, yet I've got a HTC Touch Dual :confused:

agentsky

Dec 10, 2008
Quezon City
I think HTC has a filter for their Serial Number per Region, In this case you can only download softwares from your designated region who made your Dual. Try other region if you got the HTC dual.

nautilus9

Mar 28, 2010
Invalid Vender ID

Hi guys, I'm real bad at this.

I "inherited" this HTC Touch Dual from my bro in law, but he got it from Taiwan. Everything is in Chinese.

I downloaded the ROM using a serial provided here (coz it won't allow me to download) and hope to install it and change everything to English.

While trying to flash, it gave this error msg of invalid vender ID and cut off the USB link, then the phone would start win mobile as per normal...

can someone point to me how I can do this right?

NIKI 100
CE 0560
HTC P5500
Mobile 6 Pro
CE OS 5.2.1622 (Build 18128.0.4.4)
Radio 1.58.16.27
ROM 1.31.753.13 (date 11/11/2007)
Protocol 25.61.30.03H

armin310

Feb 25, 2010
Doboj
Video call and touchscreen problems on HTC Touch Dual

Hi! Has anyone figured out how to fix the videocall on HTC touch dual. The other person can see me but my pic is black and also sometimes my touchscreen doesn't work when the phone slides up and I have problems getting the GPRS connection working... Please help me

Thanks!

armin310

Feb 25, 2010
Doboj
Thanks mate! Can you tell me how to fix the problem on my HTC TouchDual? The videocall function doesn't work right. The other person that I'm talking to can see me but my pic. is black. Is this software problem, are there any hotfix downloads?

d_train

Feb 19, 2009
Thanks mate! Can you tell me how to fix the problem on my HTC TouchDual? The videocall function doesn't work right. The other person that I'm talking to can see me but my pic. is black. Is this software problem, are there any hotfix downloads?

what radio version do you have - maybe update it?

DT