[APP] Go Home - a Home Button Replacement App

Search This thread

idiotjohn

Nov 7, 2008
Sydney
Ever wanted an app which you can run which just takes you to your home screen?
Have you broken your home button, and now to get to your home screen, you have to press back continuously?

No longer will you desire such an app - It is here for you!

An app so simple that it doesn't need options.

Just run it and it takes you to your home screen.

----
Note: On the first run of the app, a blank screen may appear for a short time before it redirects. Do not worry this is normal behavior! Every run after that, it will redirect to your home screen.

-----------
Download
-----------

You can find this app on the Marketplace: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.idiotjohn.gohome

img.png

Reactions: W@$#eR and aydc

LiquidSolstice

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2008
Have you broken your home button, and now to get to your home screen, you have to press back continuously?

----
Note: On the first run of the app, a blank screen may appear for a short time before it redirects. Do not worry this is normal behavior! Every run after that, it will redirect to your home screen.

-----------
Download
-----------

You can find this app on the Marketplace: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.idiotjohn.gohome

img.png

And how exactly do you launch the app when you can't get to your app drawer except from your home screen? Kind of stupid, if you ask me. You should make it so that it keeps a persistent notification that takes you home when selected, because the notification bar is everywhere, the app drawer button is not.

idiotjohn

Nov 7, 2008
Sydney
And how exactly do you launch the app when you can't get to your app drawer except from your home screen? Kind of stupid, if you ask me. You should make it so that it keeps a persistent notification that takes you home when selected, because the notification bar is everywhere, the app drawer button is not.

I use the app called switchpad to put it as a menu attached to one edge of my screen.

I am just a beginner developer so I will attempt to include the persistent notification feature in my next release.

John

LiquidSolstice

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2008
I use the app called switchpad to put it as a menu attached to one edge of my screen.

I am just a beginner developer so I will attempt to include the persistent notification feature in my next release.

John

It's a fantastic idea, but I'm not familiar with switchpad. It's a great start, but I think the most mainstream usage of it would be the persistent notification.

I didn't mean to come off as sharp, I know developing takes time and effort, so keep at it :)

idiotjohn

Nov 7, 2008
Sydney

I'm currently working on the persistent notification, and have added it. Im just double checking everything works properly before release...

The release after this will have an option as to enable it or not haha.

John

ABQNM

Aug 29, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
You can also use an app called LaunchKey that attaches to the long press of your search button. This may help for those with just a broken home button.

I am not familiar with the app from above, but WaveLauncher would work as well. It allows gestures from the area of the screen you define (similar to the swipe up on the Palm Pre). It also has a nifty feature that if you press and hold for a user defined time on the gesture area, it will launch its own app drawer from within any application.

Great job on this simple but useful app! Keep it up! I know a few people with broken buttons that may benefit from this.

exadeci

Jul 21, 2010
Sydney

I'm currently working on the persistent notification, and have added it. Im just double checking everything works properly before release...

The release after this will have an option as to enable it or not haha.

John

I prefer it this way because I use wavelauncher and I don't need another app running in background

Launcher pro short cut can also do this

I too use swipe pad a must for big screen like sgs2,n I too felt the need for a way to trigger home,i googled but cudnt find any thing but just few days ago I tried to put launcher pro as short cut on the swipe pad n it did the trick ,wht am I now missing is a way to to show recent app ,as u normally get by holding ur home button any one knows the way to it,

khangster1406

Dec 11, 2010
And how is this different from using Home Manager to create a shortcut to your home screen to use with SwipePad? Home Manager simply allows me to do all what your app can do and even more, like switching between launchers and shortcut on the notification bar :p

W@$#eR

Jul 3, 2012
Singapore
t.co

----

-----------
Download
-----------

img.png

do you still have a working link? I know it is An old post but this is Perfect to Put in the side bar of my note edge.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

----

-----------
    Download
    -----------

img.png