[ROM-AOSP][BL1.2]G-Harmony Gingerbread 2.3.7 (UPDATED 3/15)

Search This thread

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
Thanks. Yes you can switch kernels.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Well I went ahead and keptthe pershot kenel to test how it would do overclocked. Installed setcpu app and set values between 608 for min. and 1400 for max. Seems to work pretty steady but I have noticed getting it out of standby takes a while. Have to press power buttona 2nd time to get the lockscreen to pull up. Quadrant scores blew me away, attached screenshot. Thanks I might see what Clemsyn's 1. 6 mhz kernel does.

Attachments

• screenshot-1332883698042.jpg
    screenshot-1332883698042.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 405
Last edited:

tjohnsonjr

Jan 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
Well I went ahead and keptthe pershot kenel to test how it would do overclocked. Installed setcpu app and set values between 608 for min. and 1400 for max. Seems to work pretty steady but I have noticed getting it out of standby takes a while. Have to press power buttona 2nd time to get the lockscreen to pull up. Quadrant scores blew me away, attached screenshot. Thanks I might see what Clemsyn's 1. 6 mhz kernel does.

Good stuff....:D

MikeFalcor

Aug 27, 2007
Bothell
Is it possible to remove the Home, Menu, and Back soft buttons? I was hoping to find some sort of configuration applet that would allow me to do so, but I can't find one.

Thanks!

rajeevvp

Aug 20, 2010
Bangalore
Last edited:
Reactions: Mantara and cdss

trehouse

Nov 29, 2006
I'll give this a try. I also need a daily driver for work. Gotta keep it simple right now.

Xander_25

Jan 4, 2012
Patience Hill
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Hi guys,

I've gotta say this is one of the most stable roms I've seen for this device. I recently redid one for one my friends and installed this rom on it. All was well util today when he brought it in and told me that he kept getting an error. it says "The application (chinese text) (process com.android.inputmethod.pinyin) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". I think he may have deleted the app or process for the keyboard. Is there anyway to get it working again? Thanks all.

**Edit: I figured it out. Apparently there's a japanese keyboard that was selected as default, I just selected the android keyboard and all is well now.

Last edited:
Reactions: tjohnsonjr

tjohnsonjr

Jan 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
Update: Most stable ROM I've ran in a long time.

Glad you both like it.

Hi guys,

I've gotta say this is one of the most stable roms I've seen for this device. I recently redid one for one my friends and installed this rom on it. All was well util today when he brought it in and told me that he kept getting an error. it says "The application (chinese text) (process com.android.inputmethod.pinyin) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". I think he may have deleted the app or process for the keyboard. Is there anyway to get it working again? Thanks all.

**Edit: I figured it out. Apparently there's a japanese keyboard that was selected as default, I just selected the android keyboard and all is well now.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is AOSP Gingerbread 2.3.7 built from source.

Thanks to Preludedrew and Gojimi(for all your help), Kornyone, The Cyanogenmod team, Leonnib4, roebeet, pershoot, and all the devs out there.

*YOU MUST DO A COMPLETE WIPE BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM. If you get stuck on the "android" screen, in Clockwork, go to mounts and storage>format system and format data. Then wipe data/factory reset and wipe dalvik cache. Then reflash the Rom.

G-HARMONY GINGERBREAD v2.8

http://dev-host.org/N2i

*AOSP Gingerbread 2.3.7
    *Zeam Launcher
    *Stock Gingerbread Launcher
    *Pershoot 2.6.32.48 kernel
    *FLAC support
    *GAPPS ARE NOW INCLUDED(Google Play Store is included)
    *Power toggles in the Notification dropdown
    *ICS Transitions
    *Home,Menu, and Back soft keys
    *Adhoc support
    *Added code to support mouse pointer with bluetooth mouse from CM(untested)
    *All apks were PNG optimized and are ZipAligned at boot
    *ICS icons and Wallpapers
    *Honeycomb Wallpapers(by GFX Android)
    *Battery percentage in the notification bar
    *Transparent notification pulldown
    *Bluetooth HID for bluetooth keyboard, mouse and Wiimote support
    *File Manager
    Know issues: Youtube HD will not play.
    I followed above instructions and gtab will only boot back to cwm recovery screen, any ideas ?

1)You to nvflash back to stock
    2)Flash CWM
    3)Wipe data, and format data and format system

FYI, there is no need to use nvflash to fix this. It's simpler to use the techniques mentioned here. I've also gone into some detail on why this happens, here.
    So I am trying to flash this rom after removing CM7. However, Its been sitting at the "Android" screen for over 30 minutes. Does this use a different partition than the usual 2048 / 0 ?

No it doesn't. Try wipe data/factory reset, then go to mounts and storage>format data and format system. Then reflash the ROM.
    In the title of this entire thread, says [BL1.2] so im assuming its meant torwards Bootloader 1.2, and not 1.1.

Thank you TJ for bringing something back, ive been wanting to let my younger family use the G-tab but i had nothing stable on it.

Your efforts are never overlooked. Ill report updates for other end-users, to help. :)
    Just a quick note of thanks.
    I've switched from DRH, chasing better stability and speed, and haven't been disappointed.