[APP] myPlayer - On Demand streaming [v2.300 15-Dec-2011]

Search This thread

FryWalker

Nov 21, 2007
www.skynetsoftware.com
A light-weight application that provides access to media streams directly - eliminating the requirement for a (flash-enabled) mobile browser.

Requires a QVGA, VGA or WVGA device running Windows Mobile Professional (Pocket PC) 6.0 or higher (see the additional requirements below).

http://www.skynetsoftware.com/myPlayer

Features:
> Choose your own media player - define how each stream is played (CorePlayer v1.3.6 is recommended‡)
> Full streaming integration - browse the content as you would from any other supported device
> Extensive TV feed index - hundreds of live TV feeds from around the globe
> Live Radio stations - a selection of International broadcasts
> Custom TV / Radio stations - add your favourites

* CorePlayer is required to watch the high quality live TV channels (please use this config.xml for the best experience)

Requirements:
> A media player that supports RTSP streaming and the mpeg4 codec (CorePlayer v1.3.6 is recommended‡)
> The .NET 2.0 Compact Framework (which is bundled with Windows Mobile Professional 6.0 and above)

‡ HTC's bundled StreamingPlayer and Windows Media Player should also work for users with faster devices (for example the HTC HD2)

*** Whilst streaming video this application will use a considerable amount of bandwidth - please ensure you use it via an unlimited data policy ***

User feedback is always appreciated and should help to improve the usability of future releases.

myPlayer is an independent application and is in no way endorsed by or affiliated with any other content provider.

Latest version: 2.300

Last edited:

custardo01

Jul 17, 2007
London
Works great on a Polaris. Also useable on a Blackstone WVGA. No problems at all and nice to have the standalone application outside of a browser. Only used wifi - can't afford data streaming.

Thank you much!

Any chance of WVGA version?

FryWalker

Nov 21, 2007
www.skynetsoftware.com
thanks for sharing dude but there is already one there :

:D

Yes, I am aware of that version. In some ways craftyb's app inspired me to create the myPlayer app.

This application is a more light-weight alternative (approx 50kb at the time of writing). I tried the iPlayer app on my Kaiser but it didn't like it very much. The stream quality was a little too high - so the video playback was a bit choppy.

myPlayer uses the low bit rate streams which are served via the BBC iPlayer mobile site. The 3G stream in particular is a very low bit rate. It is also QVGA friendly :)

The intention is to provide an iPlayer service for those using older Windows Mobile devices.

-Fry

Last edited:

cbwood

Mar 8, 2008
Reading
This is excellent. I have been struggling for 2 days trying to get iPlayer working on my HTC Trinity with FinixNOver 3.4 ROM.

Playback with Coreplayer is very smooth and your application lightweight.

1. Tried the other iPlayer app and it just would not work properly at all on the Trinity.

2. Tried to get the Opera/HTC Streaming Media solution working but could never get any pucture displayed although sound worked okay (although the sound quality was poor). Also getting to the iPlayer click to play page on Opera 9.5 is quite slow and cumbersome.

3. Tried Skyfire which worked but it was slow and the picture playback was not continuous. Also it is not possible to display the picture in full screen landscape mode.

I only seem to be able to select Catch Up View at the moment, are the other options still being developed?

Once again this is an excellent application and a must have for all existing windows mobile users. I look forward to further updates. :)

addicus

Mar 13, 2006
Inland Empire, California
Pros and Cons

Pros - tiny footprint, looks great

Cons - Won't work on Edge or Wifi. I don't have 3G. There is an erroe but it says I need the NCF 3.5 messages cab to read it on the next restart. I know the rom I use has NCF 3.5 installed by default.

I've included a picture of the error message.

Please assist.

Edit: Nevermind. I just read you must have an UK IP address and I'm in the good ole US of A. Please note the IP issue in the original post. I still give the program a thumbs up and would like to congratulate the developer on making a tiny and efficient program. If there is a service like the BBC link in the US I would love for this program to be compatible.

Last edited:

FryWalker

Nov 21, 2007
www.skynetsoftware.com
There is an error but it says I need the NCF 3.5 messages cab to read it on the next restart.

Ah yes - well spotted. You will infact have to install the NETCFv35.Messages cab extension to see the error message in detail.

I have added a link to the cab you will need on the first post.

If there is a service like the BBC link in the US I would love for this program to be compatible.

Can you access any of the BBC iPlayer content from a desktop PC in the US? If so - I may investigate the possibility of extending the code for the US region.

-Fry

Last edited:

vdrome

Jun 18, 2008
Pros - tiny footprint, looks great

Cons - Won't work on Edge or Wifi. I don't have 3G. There is an erroe but it says I need the NCF 3.5 messages cab to read it on the next restart. I know the rom I use has NCF 3.5 installed by default.

I've included a picture of the error message.

Please assist.

Edit: Nevermind. I just read you must have an UK IP address and I'm in the good ole US of A. Please note the IP issue in the original post. I still give the program a thumbs up and would like to congratulate the developer on making a tiny and efficient program. If there is a service like the BBC link in the US I would love for this program to be compatible.

I get the same error message. Tried installing the messages.cab but still comes up with the same message. I can see the video's to choose from but it doesnt seem to want to play them and throws the above mentioned error message back at me.

Edit: My mistake... I had coreplayer installed on my memory card so needed to update the location in the options of myPlayer. Works great! Thanks!!

Last edited:

andrew-in-woking

Jan 14, 2006
Did not work at all

Hi

For some reason I could not get this application to work at all. I just got a system error message saying that the application had to quit. Device & ROM details below.

Cheers

andrew-in-woking

FryWalker

Nov 21, 2007
www.skynetsoftware.com
*** Updated to version 0.25a ***

Change list:

- Video streams should now link more reliably on a 3G/EDGE connection
- Error messages improved for some of the more common problems

FryWalker

Nov 21, 2007
www.skynetsoftware.com
For some reason I could not get this application to work at all. I just got a system error message saying that the application had to quit.

Andrew - thanks for the feedback.

Please could you try the latest version (0.25a) and see if that fixes the problem? If you are still getting an error message, please could you post the details of when it is displayed and what it says?

Many thanks.

-Fry

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    my player

Hi All

Fantaststic software works well on my HTC touch 2 i download vis cable fron pc and stoer in history ready to watch, only thing is it does not let you search other channels like itv , channel 5 etc is this normal or have i missed something. once great software.

Regards Mark
    I find get_iplayer the best tool for downloading iplayer content to your pc and transferring to your phone. If you install all the options it will save as mp4. You can even choose the resolution right up to HD
    smile.gif

The latest working version is on the infradead.org website - google for it.
    This program is what myplayer could have become (with subscriptions, etc), but seeing as how it also had an order to stop developing from the BBC, how come it's still going and myplayer isn't?

It was going for several years in its original form, playing a cat and mouse game with the beeb. Every so often the beeb would change the iphone authentication procedure and every time the developer would "mend" the program again! But last year the developer was threatened by the beeb, he stopped mending it, and the broken program lapsed.

Then, from the ashes, another dev took it up, not using the iPhone streams any more but with flv to mp4 conversion, making it even more useful. I suppose it's down to just how threatened the dev feels and whether someone else is willing to take the risk for a while. It warms my heart ...
    *** Updated to version 2.100 ***

Change list:

- Digital TV channels updated
    - Various other minor bug fixes
    *** Updated to version 2.300 ***

Change list:

- Fixed DTV stream connection
    - Player preference issue resolved