[Q] Help with Ice Cream Sandwich Update ROM For HTC Ruby/Amaze 4G

Search This thread

hruehl

Apr 30, 2011
OK! I am not sure if this question was answered anywhere in these postings. But, IF I chose to update my Amaze 4G to the new ICS ROM that has been included in other posts, will I be able to revert back to stock GB?

I have downloaded the file, placed it on my SD card, renamed the file, pulled and inserted the battery, held down power button/volume down button. The file has populated and now its asking me if I want to update.

Before updating, please tell me if there are there any known issues with this particular build? I surely don't want to brick my phone. Any advice would be awesome. Thank you!

:D

Kenshinryu

Apr 24, 2012
Did you check the ROM post for that particular one you downloaded to see if there were any issues with it? Or if any other users were having issues from wherever you downloaded it from?

hruehl

Apr 30, 2011
Did you check the ROM post for that particular one you downloaded to see if there were any issues with it? Or if any other users were having issues from wherever you downloaded it from?

Yea, but I cannot find anything! UGH!!! There are supposed to be detailed instructions, but I cannot find them in the 40+ pages. UGH!!!

Karmavore

Apr 24, 2012
Simple. If you're stock like mine was with S-ON

1. Take the zip file. Rename to 'PH85IMG.zip'
2. Place file in Mobile card aka ext_sd (Not HTC storage)
3. Check battery is at least 50% charged.
4. Remove battery, replace battery.
5. Hold power AND volume down button to reboot.
6. Phone will go into boot mode and find the new file, wait for it to extract it. Follow screen instructions
7. Phone does a quick check of file contents then shuts off.
8. Hold power to reboot.
9. File is unzipped and update occurs.
10. Phone asks you to reboot, volume up for yes.
11. Enjoy ICS 3.6!

Also, since I was not rooted, I wanted all the same settings/home screen/apps/data. I used MyBackup Pro and everything went flawlessly. Just make sure the file contents are backed up to your external card and not internal. Also copy MyBackup pro app to your SD. Once updated your internal files are erased!!! I was paranoid and just backed up my HTC Storage folder to my computer too, but I'm pretty sure it's not necessary

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Also, I haven't had any issues except with Facebook contact updates. Just use the Syncmypix app. And a few apps from GB wouldn't install, they were minor and old, but I assume this is from lack of ICS support.

realitysconcierge

Oct 2, 2010
I do believe you can just download the stock rom, rename it, put it on your sd card and flash through your bootloader.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA