Used Sprint Moto X No SIM card included, how hard is it to get one?

Search This thread

yazyazoo

Oct 24, 2009
I am looking at a Sprint Moto X that is used and has a clean ESN. They don't include a SIM card. I was wondering how hard is that to actually get from Sprint and is there a cost? If it's too much then it's not worth it may be better for me to buy new.

Thanks.

nomad64

Oct 15, 2012
Chicagoland, IL
First, this should be in Q&A. Could a mod please move it?

Second, Sprint Moto Xs are SIM-locked, so they will not work with Verizon, Tmobile, etc. They can be unlocked for International SIMs only by calling Sprint and asking (I believe this requires that the phone be activated on Sprint for at least 30 days, and the account be in good standing).

Sent from my XT1056 using xda app-developers app

Kittiesoncrack

Aug 11, 2012
Chicago
First this belongs in Q and A section. Second, Sprint doesnt even use Sim cards, I have Sprint Moto X and the only reason there is a sim card in there is for the phone to stop telling you "NO SIM" its basically a place holder. and the only way they will give you one if activate or buy a phone from them

yazyazoo

Oct 24, 2009
Sorry for posting in the wrong place. I thought Sprint does use the SIM for LTE purposes. I know their voice/3g is CDMA which does not use a sim.

nomad64

Oct 15, 2012
Chicagoland, IL
Sorry for posting in the wrong place. I thought Sprint does use the SIM for LTE purposes. I know their voice/3g is CDMA which does not use a sim.

Nope, Sprint does not use SIMs at all since they are CDMA. I don't know the specifics, their spectrum can only be used with Sprint phones or approved roaming carrier devices.

In the case of the Moto X, the SIM card is used only for International GSM networks. Most Sprint phones don't even have SIM card slots..

Sent from my XT1056 using xda app-developers app