.TOT recovery -- Model Error

Search This thread

datdude_tc

Apr 3, 2014
I have stock recovery and can't boot. My model is currently reported as "g2" thanks to the mahdi rom which I screwed up flashing.

Has anyone been able to flash back to a stable firmware by bypassing the model check (using a special .dll, anything?).

P

podagee

I have stock recovery and can't boot. My model is currently reported as "g2" thanks to the mahdi rom which I screwed up flashing.

Has anyone been able to flash back to a stable firmware by bypassing the model check (using a special .dll, anything?).

i had that problem once and this is what i did...

i booted back into recovery,TWRP or CWM,
i had TWRP , went to advanced wipe and wiped everything,
system,data,cache,dalvik cache
powered down and put it back in download mode and reflashed stock.

it seems that if you dont wipe system it is still picking it up as whatever model rom you flashed.
hope that helps...

datdude_tc

Apr 3, 2014
i had that problem once and this is what i did...

i booted back into recovery,TWRP or CWM,
i had TWRP , went to advanced wipe and wiped everything,
system,data,cache,dalvik cache
powered down and put it back in download mode and reflashed stock.

it seems that if you dont wipe system it is still picking it up as whatever model rom you flashed.
hope that helps...

Appreciate the response, but I mentioned in my post that I have stock recovery. Not CWM or TWRP. No dice for me :(

datdude_tc

Apr 3, 2014
well how did you flash mahdi? anyways do a adb push through stock recovery.

So adb is accessible through stock recovery? I hold down+power until the LG logo, then release both, and press both again. This takes me to hard reset menu, not recovery. I press power three times, the andriod guy appears with a progress bar (i think it is attempting to factory reset here) and then it reboots. Everything I seem to find on Google/XDA indicates the only way to access a recovery mode is through a custom recovery.

If it's really this simple I'm going to flip.......ha

P

podagee

So adb is accessible through stock recovery? I hold down+power until the LG logo, then release both, and press both again. This takes me to hard reset menu, not recovery. I press power three times, the andriod guy appears with a progress bar (i think it is attempting to factory reset here) and then it reboots. Everything I seem to find on Google/XDA indicates the only way to access a recovery mode is through a custom recovery.

If it's really this simple I'm going to flip.......ha

there is a recovery menu even through stock that you can reach. not sure how to get there except through your phone being on in the kk ui. i will try looking around. kinda busy at work so if i dont respond quickly im sorry. in the mean time try again through lgflashtool. make sure your sim card is out when doing it

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

how did you get stock recovery back on your phone?