[Q] Installing Firmware on LG Optimus F3

Search This thread

LGOptimusF3

Apr 19, 2014
Hickory
Hello everybody, I'm definitely a newbie with Android. Today, I looked online for overclocking my LG Optimus F3, and I found this thread "[MS659][F3] Freedom Kernel Overclocked" (I'm a newbie xda won't let me post links yet). It said you could achieve a 1.4 GHz overclock (my device has a 1.2 GHz processor). So, dummy me, I got all excited and flashed the MS65910c firmware to my phone like the thread said I needed to have (I didn't know that that would switch my service providers as I had Virgin Mobile). So, I'm a little confused still... Can I still have Virgin Mobile service with MetroPCS firmware? If not, I want to restore my device back to Virgin Mobile firmware (LS720ZV6). The problem is, I am also a little confused with the flashing firmware thing. Can I flash .zip files instead of .kdz files (I couldn't find LS720ZV6 .kdz firmware files on the web)?

Someone please help!

Thanks

rudrapratap03

May 20, 2014
Jaipur
.ZIP will work

Yes. I too have tested this. And in majority I use *.Zip file to flash in my mobile. I have completed the task successfully. Till now no problem has been experienced. Instead I will too suggest you to use this type of file.