[APP][27 April 2011] GRemote Pro v1.5.12 -shortcuts for profiles

Search This thread

touchy66

Jan 22, 2012
Phuket
Thank you cajunflavoredbob for your reply.
I had started to think along those lines but was thrown by

"Enter an up to date Bluetooth dongle running BlueSoleil 8.0. ActiveSync OK but Gremote no. It could not find the BT connection."

That is the opposite to the logic being proposed. The old ActiveSync was happy with it but Gremote was not. The Gremote site states full combatability with BlueSoleil!?

My change to Win7 will have to wait until my next change of computer but in the meantime it would be nice if i could get this working properly.

It is a shame that the people at Gremote have opted to ignore enquiries sent to them :(

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Thank you cajunflavoredbob for your reply.
I had started to think along those lines but was thrown by

"Enter an up to date Bluetooth dongle running BlueSoleil 8.0. ActiveSync OK but Gremote no. It could not find the BT connection."

That is the opposite to the logic being proposed. The old ActiveSync was happy with it but Gremote was not. The Gremote site states full combatability with BlueSoleil!?

My change to Win7 will have to wait until my next change of computer but in the meantime it would be nice if i could get this working properly.

It is a shame that the people at Gremote have opted to ignore enquiries sent to them :(

That sounds like what I was describing. ActiveSync is fine on the older version, but not GRemote. GRemote should be fine on the updated BT dongle, but ActiveSync will not work. Unfortunately, you cannot utilize two BT stacks simultaneously.

touchy66

Jan 22, 2012
Phuket
That sounds like what I was describing. ActiveSync is fine on the older version, but not GRemote. GRemote should be fine on the updated BT dongle, but ActiveSync will not work. Unfortunately, you cannot utilize two BT stacks simultaneously.
Sorry, I couldn't have been very clear, it was the exact opposite that I encountered.

i.e. Gremote would not work on BlueSoleil or the native stack until the device was changed, ActiveSync would and on the old version too.

After some searching it has been suggested elsewhere that the Toshiba stack v4.2 (the minimum required from toshiba according to Gremote) or even v5.1 will work on my device (Truemoblie 350, which is currently running v4.0).

Unfortunately all links are very old and defunct. Toshiba themselves have ceased support for non Toshiba computers.

If anyone knows a live link for the stack please let me know. I'm very curious to see if this actually does the job.

Last edited:

painy

Mar 14, 2009
Love Gremote pro, started using it a couple of years ago on my windows mobile samsung omnia and it's been the best mobile remote control app out there since.

I would like to suggest a couple of features for the future though which would transform Gremote from a great app to an excellent app in my eyes.

- The feature suggestions already made by FrEcP
- Smartphones nowadays have bigger screens so more items should be able to fit on the homescreen (such as the music and the files button)
- I usually let my entire music collection play in the playlist, when i go to the music tab in gremote it shows the first 100 songs of my mediamonkey playlist. When i'm playing song number 501 from my playlist for example it still shows the first 100 songs of the playlist instead of song 501 and those after it.
- The ability for users to create custom Gmedia templates. For example: the GMedia template of xbmc would have different buttons on a different place (and even featuring a Gpad, like the official XBMC android remote) compared to the winamp template. As a bonus, it would be nice to be able to choose from all remote functionality XBMC (and other applications) offers rather than just the keyboards shortcuts in the Gremote server editor.
These templates could be made shareable to other users.
- The Gpad template could use some modifications for phones with big screens. When holding my phone with one hand, i cannot reach the arrow up or arrow left buttons with my thumb while the enter button circle takes up like 1/4 of the screen. Personally, i find the gpad of the android XBMC remote to be the best around.
- I can't get the voice control to understand my commands at all, maybe it would be possible to use the android phone mic as a wireless microphone source for the PC so it would be able to be used by 3rd party applications like voxcommando (youtube.com/watch?v=2kR2C6IeaPw) for the ultimate voice remote control

Hope you could consider implementing these suggestions

Kind regards

Painy

Last edited:

tosha.

Mar 19, 2012
I really liked the GRemote, but I ran into one problem. I can not solve it. Please tell me the right way.
In explorer addon do not work the "enqueue in player" and "play in player" commands... In what may be the reason?

Last edited:

tuurke12

Apr 13, 2008
I keep having the "connection timeout" error. I'm using windows 7 and I already opened port 5656 in windows firewall. I've allowed every possible setting for external acces and I even disabled my entire antivirus.
But I still can't connect to my PC. It won't find my PC automatically and I get that error when I'm trying it manually.
I've tried with and without password, and used the IP-adres from the status-tab.

What am I doing wrong?

vsilvar

Aug 23, 2012
Linux support

Can someone provide me with an old version of the WM client that works with the linux server?
And is there an ETA for a new linux server?

vitoski

Mar 1, 2009
Poland
Guys could you help?

Does anyone use GRemote on latest nightly CM9 (26.08.2012)? I have GS2 with CM9 nightly (mentioned) and Siyah kernel 4.1.1 version. I keep getting FC every time I try to connect to my PC. The app starts perfectly but after hiting connect I get FC.

EDIT
I reported this issue to the developers and they reacted very very fast. The issue was solved on the next day with newer version.

I can only say... that it's a great application and the developers really care!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    I've just released new version specially for android (WM is not touched). Here are changes:

- voice command - launch any application you want using voice!
    - new Honeycomb application skin
    - redesigned menus and options
    - get more options in skins list - if you prefer old applets design you can download it from app
    - scroll to current track when you load page with containing this track
    - current track indicator
    - memory optimization
    - fixed problem with some buttons on gingerbread

attachment.php

But the most important change is new price - now it is only $4.95!!!

Regards,
    Marcin.

wizard.png

wol.png

Cheers,
    Marcin.

Please visit us:

http://gbmsoftware.com/

Unsigned drivers problem?
    Fixed - just install latest version

--------Description below is for non-Pro version--------

What we have now?

• GCenter - place to select controller type
    • GMouse - mouse control like Logitech MX Air (not the same)
    • Touchpad - applet which emulates laptops touchpad with a scroll area (dpad centre is left mouse button, useful for drag&drop)
    • GPad - especially for Media Center (generates arrow keys, Enter, Backspace, Esc, Alt+F4, StartMenu)
    • GMedia - multimedia keys for Windows Media Player (VolUP, VolDown, Play/Pause,Stop,Next, Prior)
    • Keyboard - Now you can use any SIP method including the hardware keyboard in HTC Touch Pro. Extra keys on screen Ctrl, Alt (three state), Esc, Del, Tab
    • GRace - thanks to PPJoy we have analogue game controller with 2 axis and 12 buttons. It is similar to NiiMe for Nokia, but only steering wheel for now.
    GRace quick howto:
    - Download and install PPJoy (click green download button on the right side on his site)
    - Go to "Control Panel->Paraller Port Joystick"
    - Click Add button and select "Virtual joysticks" for "Paraller Port", and "Controller 1" for "Controller number".
    - Now windows detect new hardware and should automatically find required drivers (if not try to install drivers manually from this directory C:\Program Files\Parallel Port Joystick)
    -Run GRemteServer and you should see info on GRace tab "PPJoy status: driver opened succesful"
    - Now you can calibrate you controler using standard windows functions (Control Panel->Game controllers->PPJoy Virtual joystick 1"->Properties...)

FAQs:

• Installation guide with USB connection howto
    • Bluetooth connection howto
    • This program uses 5656 UDP port so open this port to your firewall configuration
    • if you are using Windows Firewall and have problems with connection try this help.
    • if you are using ESET Smart Security (Nod32) you can fallow this steps. Remember to restart GRemoteServer after you finish configure ESS.
    • if you get "Connecton timeout" message, please check your firewall. In all probability it is the source of problems with connection.

Requirement
    - Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5 (cab)

And last, but not least - I really appreciate the help of new GRemote designer - Expo7. He does a lot of good job so Donate him if you like GRemote design!!!

Screenshots
    v5.1.jpg
    v5.2.jpg

Changelog

Enjoy,
    Marcin Baliniak.

Please do not distribute this files on other sites. If you wan you can put URL to this topic.

To find latest version go to this location.

Older versions:
    GRemote_v0.3.0_qvga.zip
    GRemote_v0.3.0_vga.zip
    GRemote_v0.3.0_wqvga.zip
    ---
    GRemote_v0.5.0_qvga.zip
    GRemote_v0.5.0_vga.zip
    GRemote_v0.5.0_wqvga.zip

---
    GRemote_v0.5.1_qvga.zip
    GRemote_v0.5.1_vga.zip
    GRemote_v0.5.1_wqvga.zip
    GRemote_v0.5.1_wvga.zip
    Hi,
    I have one small request for everyone who use pro version. I've just finish new version for WM phones. All settings tab and welcome screen was changed, so please try it and give me a feadback about this version. All gfx looks ok on your phone ? If you have any problems please pos a screenshot about this situation. If works fine on your device please write small post like "Works fine on HD2".

Cheers,
    Marcin.

This package doesn't have an QVGA skin availible.
    Though I checked the WQVGA, which works somewhat compressed.

Also, didn't get it to work on the Niki
    It just wil not connect over BT.
    It seems this update is mostly for Android users. Is there any benefit to me upgrading? My specs are listed below.

Device OS version - WM6.5.3
    PC OS version - Windows 7 Pro x64
    Network encryption - WPA2
    Frequency - 2.4GHz 802.11g

If I should provide more information, please let me know. This was all I could think of to provide offhand.

Hi!

This function/fixes goes to WM and Android so if you need this you should upgrade.

• support for more keybard languages and symbols
    • 'client connected' and 'disconnected' event
    • faster files/tracks list loading
    Btw. sometimes we fix something and forget to add to changelog - so it is worth to upgrade always ;)

Regards,
    Marcin.
    New music widget comming soon...

In next few days we should release new version for android devices win new music widgets... In new release you can also find Chinese and Russian translations... Now need to check BT connection problem in HD2.

Cheers,
    Marcin.
    New version for Android and new price $4.95!!!

Hi,
    We just released new version for android devices. New version contains changes listed below:
    - added translations: Czech, Russian, Chinese
    - new GRemotePro music Widget 4x2 - if you have a problems with widgets please remove application and install again
    - new layout for old (4x1) music widget
    - fixed communication problem in widget
    - fixed some FC reported by users

But the most important change is new price - now it is only $4.95!!!

Regards,
    Marcin.