[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS(Maguro)- Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Magguz

Sep 4, 2009
FFM
Very nice work... Smooth and fast!
But i've one question... Can you add T9 Dialer?
This is a very important feature for me and i think for a lot of people too!

Greets

P.S: ouh iam so stupid... Didnt see the addon! Thanks for the excellent work!

Last edited:

hahmoode

Feb 28, 2011
Im so sorry that im asking such a stupid question, but im really excited to try this room, it looks awesome and i love the fact that the nexus wont have this lag!!! I have been looking everywhere for the download i found like the base download but i dont seem to know which essentials to download (sorry for dumb question) but im using the galaxy nexus unlocked gsm!

Would anyone mind pointing me to the right direction?

Nebucatnetzer

Feb 4, 2011
I think the whatsapp error is coming from the Franco Kernel.
Since i use the lean 230 exp 5 i got no problems and battery life looks good.

What Kernel and settings do you guys prefer for the Slim ICS ROM?

The one which is coming with the ROM.

Which is lean.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Im so sorry that im asking such a stupid question, but im really excited to try this room, it looks awesome and i love the fact that the nexus wont have this lag!!! I have been looking everywhere for the download i found like the base download but i dont seem to know which essentials to download (sorry for dumb question) but im using the galaxy nexus unlocked gsm!

Would anyone mind pointing me to the right direction?

The code name for the Galaxy Nexus GSM is Maguro. Therefore you need the maguro essentials. I've linked for you Version 3.4 ->here.<-

Just in case you're curios. The code name for the Galaxy Nexus CDMA is Toro.

Reactions: hahmoode

till69

Aug 16, 2010
IMM76I update OTA zip is available, maybe you can take a look at it and merge the changes in your ROM (if available)?

Maybe this finally will solve LED Notification is NOT working for missed calls...

If not, here is a hint: The only ROM that has working LED Notification for missed calls (without LightFlow app) is BAMF Paradigm v1.2 ;)
But i like SLIMICS much more :D

Maybe someone can check how they did the fix ... then SLIMICS would be perfect:)

sEiNZu

Dec 24, 2011
Hamburg
Maybe this finally will solve LED Notification is NOT working for missed calls...

If not, here is a hint: The only ROM that has working LED Notification for missed calls (without LightFlow app) is BAMF Paradigm v1.2 ;)
But i like SLIMICS much more :D

Maybe someone can check how they did the fix ... then SLIMICS would be perfect:)

Wrong. Working on ARHD too. Cheers

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Reactions: till69

Neejay

Jul 29, 2009
Atlanta, GA
PLEASE include this in the next update: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/14845/

I haven't been able to use any software (3rd party) apps like Extended Controls or Widgetsoid to turn the screen off successfully (works the first time only, then anytime after that, it turns back on).

It's the same in AOKP and Slim. I tested the CM nightly and sure enough, that patch was the fix for it.

No disrespect intended krarvind :)

Po0yAn

Mar 16, 2010
v3.4 works great and OTA Update is wonderful idea for us flash crackers!getting the "stuff" much easier now! also thanks for fixing the busybox issue!
and a little help here please, I wanted to try the charging animation add-on, I downloaded and flashed the zip through recovery, but I don't know where to find or enable it, I searched the ASS and setting's security section with no success.

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
v3.4 works great and OTA Update is wonderful idea for us flash crackers!getting the "stuff" much easier now! also thanks for fixing the busybox issue!
and a little help here please, I wanted to try the charging animation add-on, I downloaded and flashed the zip through recovery, but I don't know where to find or enable it, I searched the ASS and setting's security section with no success.

you upgraded from Nexus S i see. Charging animation zip is for SGS phones only really where they needed the files in system/media for phone off charging animation as it says :p. If you want the charging animation on status bar, then you have to use battery bar ( via ASS) to see it.

Reactions: Po0yAn

Po0yAn

Mar 16, 2010
yeh sorry! I'm flashing your rom on all my friends and families phones (1sgs,3 sgs2,1 bricked gnex!, 3 ns ) so I bookmarked all your xda slim threads and cause the title is the same i didn't noticed I'm posting in a wrong thread. anyway,thanks for your respond although I was on a wrong thread.

again thanks for your great rom , best rom I've ever used on any android phone mentioned above, I wish u could bring it to tab7.7 too!

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
yeh sorry! I'm flashing your rom on all my friends and families phones (1sgs,3 sgs2,1 bricked gnex!, 3 ns ) so I bookmarked all your xda slim threads and cause the title is the same i didn't noticed I'm posting in a wrong thread. anyway,thanks for your respond although I was on a wrong thread.

again thanks for your great rom , best rom I've ever used on any android phone mentioned above, I wish u could bring it to tab7.7 too!

how did someone manage to brick gnex.

Po0yAn

Mar 16, 2010
how did someone manage to brick gnex.

You tell me! Even himself doesn't know what he did! But I think it's hardware related. I made a thread in q&a section for help but nobody seem to be familiar with the issue:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1612839

The phone is not actually bricked, it can boot into fast boot and downloading mode and can be flashed successfully through both Odin and fast boot, but it doesn't boot up at all, stuck on Google logo, doesn't even boot into recovery! That's why I suppose it's hardware related.

neXus S i9020 - SlimICS V3.4

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
You tell me! Even himself doesn't know what he did! But I think it's hardware related. I made a thread in q&a section for help but nobody seem to be familiar with the issue:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1612839

The phone is not actually bricked, it can boot into fast boot and downloading mode and can be flashed successfully through both Odin and fast boot, but it doesn't boot up at all, stuck on Google logo, doesn't even boot into recovery! That's why I suppose it's hardware related.

send it to samsung/google. put the factory image back, if it doesn't boot, they should fix or replace for you. if they don't, donate to me and i will mess around with it :p

Po0yAn

Mar 16, 2010
send it to samsung/google. put the factory image back, if it doesn't boot, they should fix or replace for you. if they don't, donate to me and i will mess around with it :p

i wish i could send it , but i live some where that google doesn't even care it exists and Samsung doesn't warrant the galaxy nexus. Although I'm really willing to donate (not for this but for your organized work on slim) but no credit is accepted from where I live. Not to mention the problem of sending the phone to you!

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
i wish i could send it , but i live some where that google doesn't even care it exists and Samsung doesn't warrant the galaxy nexus. Although I'm really willing to donate (not for this but for your organized work on slim) but no credit is accepted from where I live. Not to mention the problem of sending the phone to you!

where do you live?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 54MB
    • SLim Common ( includes slim gapps) - ~20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    OUTDATED POST: Check first post link for all the details

Installation Instructions:

A simple wipe cache/dalvik cache and install this should be it. If you want clean install, wipe data, format system, and cache, then install.

Change Log:
    Slim ICS 3.1 - Stable
    • Android 4.0.4 release.
    • Lean 3.0 stable kernel
    • Face book Sync
    • Nav Bar via ASS, turned off by default , turn it on via ASS( search and memu vritual keys are not transparent, other 3 are)
    • Calendar ( text ) in lockscreen, turned off by default again, turn it on via ASS.
    • Kernel Tweaks via ASS - thanks to AOKP for source - Don't enable fast charge in boot, if you do, it will cut off the data connection to pc.
    • Base and Essentials pretty much remain the same size :)
    • Big boost in benchmark performance via secret sauce :p
    • I can't remember what else

Known Issues with 3.1

• Lockscreen wallpaper doesn't work - original source issue

Flash base + essentials as usual

Download LinK
    Slim ICS 3.1

Slim_ICS_v2.9 - Stable?
    [*]Weather Panel Added
    [*]Few more mods in ASS - Lockscreen Wallpaper doesn't work yet
    [*]Picasa and chrome sync adapter with gallery google in base
    [*]Latest sync with AOSP sources as always
    [/LIST]

Upgrading from 2.8, Format System might be required for SGS2 users. Flash 2.9 Base and your device essentials

Slim ICS 2.9

Slim_ICS_2.9_Mirror

Slim ICS 2.8 - Stable
    • Custom App on Lockscreen
    • Sync Toggle works
    • Lean Kernel added as default - thanks imoseyon
    • Latest AOSP sync
    • Common base across Nexus, G Nex and Galaxy S device

Download Links:
    Important: Users have to flash base(Slim_ICS_ 2.8.zip) + device (Slim_ICS_2.8_Maguro_Essentials) essentials or else phone won't boot.

Slim ICS 2.8

Slim ICS 2.8 Mirror

Use the addons from before.

Face Unlock
    Slim ICS v2.7
    • Introducing ASS ( Advanced Slim Settings) - thanks to Roman and AOKP team
      • Modify Notification Widgets
      • Nav Bar
      • Adjust CPU frequency
      • Change battery style
      • Add/Remove Toggles
      • Adjust the toggle style ( Text, icon or alternate toggles)
      • Change LCD density
      • Allow 180 degree rotation
      • Custom Carrier Label
      • Back button to kill apps
      • Lockscreen options, custom app doesn't rest works
    • Latest AOSP tree sync

Maguro V2.7
    Use the addons from 2.4 if you need

Slim ICS v2.6
    • Latest Sync with AOSP
    • New SystemUI notiifcation widgets
    • Updated Busybox

Maguro_v2.6

Slim ICS v2.5
    • New Bootanimation - Thanks to DT3CH and Melissapugs
    • ExtendedPower Menu - Thanks CM team for source
    • Power Widget - Cm source
    • Latest Repo Sync
    Maguro_v2.5

Please use the same addon from v2.4

Slim ICS v2.4:
    • Latest Repo Sync with google sources
    • Talk & Gmail 4.0.4
    • Chrome bookmark sync included
    • Video Chat Fixed
    • Google Sync updated based on the latest gapps

Download Links:

Maguro v2.4

v2.4_Removed_Apps_Google_Addons

Mirror_1_v2.4

Slim ICS v2.3:
    • Latest Sync with google sources
    • Gmail, talk, calendar and contact sync in base
    • Zeam Launcher, stock provided in removed addon package

Download Links:

Maguro v2.3

Removed Addons

Slim ICS v2.0:
    • Latest Sync with google sources
    • Fixed Dictionary Issue
    • Zeam Launcher, stock provided in removed addon package

Download Links:
    v2.0

v2.0 Removed Apps
    Slim ICS v1.0:

Changelog:

- Initial working release.

Download Links:
    Base

Addon
    Cleaned thread of the bickering.

My take: If you feel this rom is not up to your standards, then make your own and move on. Simple....... Do not knock someone's hard work they do for free.
    One last one

Sent from my Crespo using xda premium

looks like the folder is nor shared properly. Will fix it soon

Edit: Links fixed. Anybody interested in testing it?