[ROM]JRO03O 4.1.1 Stock, rooted, deodex, busybox, zipalign + MODs

Search This thread

r_dub

Jun 2, 2009
I bought the Franco kernel updater app last night, installed both the stable and then nightly kernels, and neither allow me to keep my underclocked setting after a reboot. Anyone able to underclock?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

That's a problem specific to custom kernels and has been a known issue with Franco's and most nonstock kernels for a while. I know it was fixed for kernels for the last JB build release. But either way this is something that should be posted in Francos thread as it pertains to his kernel and not this ROM itself. Post it there that way he's aware of it although I'm sure he probably already knows about it.

Reactions: mwalt2

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
I just tried that and now none of my root apps work anymore. I installed SuperSU, disabled SuperUser, rebooted, and now none of those apps that require root privileges work. Then I launch SuperSU, it asks to update binaries, I tell it to go ahead and do so, and then that fails.

What am I doing wrong here?

You have to install SuperSU from market, run it, grant it root access through chainsdd supersuser, let SuperSU update to it's binary, and then disable chainsdd superuser. You can also just flash supersu through recovery from here

Reactions: dustrho and wickets

aostrom

Feb 6, 2012
Boston
Existing one seems to to work fine

OK -- since you asked... I use the Back/Search/Home/Recent/Menu softkey mod. Also, the Exchange no-PIN mod.

The existing ones probably work (I'm running them now on your v1.5 ROM now). I'll try it after I load this one and report back.

So -- yes the softkey mod for 4.1.1 found here: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/29153-mod-411-jelly-bean-soft-key-mods-with-menu-and-search-stockbb/ seems to work fine. I've only tried the Back/Search/Home/Recent/Menu version, though.

Reactions: mwalt2

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
So -- yes the softkey mod for 4.1.1 found here: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/29153-mod-411-jelly-bean-soft-key-mods-with-menu-and-search-stockbb/ seems to work fine. I've only tried the Back/Search/Home/Recent/Menu version, though.
I went ahead and made the Back-Home-Search modifications to the file in this rom. They may be the same as what you're using, so don't feel like you have to flash them. There is also a version with the circular 1% battery.

Reactions: Amin Sabet

dustrho

Sep 21, 2009
Oswego, IL
twitter.com
With all of these modification requests coming in, I wonder why people just don't flash something else. This is meant to be a stock-only type of ROM, with very little to no modifications done to it. If you want stock, flash this ROM. If you want so much more, go flash a beefier ROM that includes all the modifications your heart desires.

mmuzzy

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
With all of these modification requests coming in, I wonder why people just don't flash something else. This is meant to be a stock-only type of ROM, with very little to no modifications done to it. If you want stock, flash this ROM. If you want so much more, go flash a beefier ROM that includes all the modifications your heart desires.

I agree but I get it too though. I prefer stock (obviously) but I also like to have pulldown toggles and a better battery icon. I don't think AOSP is perfect but it's certainly nicer than bloat.

aostrom

Feb 6, 2012
Boston
Thanks again

I went ahead and made the Back-Home-Search modifications to the file in this rom. They may be the same as what you're using, so don't feel like you have to flash them. There is also a version with the circular 1% battery.

MWALT2 -- thanks again for all your hard work. These are perfect, and I'd rather run mods that have been built against the same build. We really appreciate the effort.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

I really don't see the conflict, here. I think I'm typical of a lot of users -- I want the ability to run the latest versions of the O/S, I want the ability to customize some of the UI features and unlock some hidden capabilities, but I want the stability of a stock core. There may well be other ROMs out there with lots of extra features and some of them may even be stable, but I'm not doing this as part of my job, or even really as a significant hobby; I just want to have a phone that works, and does things they way I want them. I don't want to spend my time trying out lots of different ROMs or kernels, and this ROM, with stock kernel, and a few little tweaks is fine for me.

The work that MWALT2 (and others) is much appreciated. What's your problem with all this?

Andy

zwfln

Jan 20, 2007
about jro03o-t9dialer

Hi mwalt2 please mod jro03o-t9dialer,thanks man good job:laugh:

Last edited:

45calmike

Sep 29, 2008
Thank you for this! It works great. I was coming out of Android Revolution HD 4.1.1. I Used Titanium to reboot to recovery. wipe/factory reset and ran the zip file from the phone. I also updated the radios too. It's snappier and quicker. I seems to have fixed my phone not ringing on some incoming calls. The radio flash seemed to improve my 4G by 1-2 bars and it seems quicker to switch between 4G and 3G.

exorcist70

Dec 10, 2011
Pennsylvania

Look at it this way...

If you put to many ingredients in the pot, your initial recipe will lose its intended flavour :D Some of us like it lightly seasoned vs. over worked.

chukis13

Oct 10, 2010
FL
Look at it this way...

If you put to many ingredients in the pot, your initial recipe will lose its intended flavour :D Some of us like it lightly seasoned vs. over worked.

Well that's why the OP is doing a good job of keeping the addons separate so you can decide whether you want them or not.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

vicw

Apr 3, 2011
Well that's why the OP is doing a good job of keeping the addons separate so you can decide whether you want them or not.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

I agree - I really want to keep as close as possible to the stock JB configuration. In general, I prefer to use apps rather than mods to tweak my GN, to make it easy to experiment, compare results, and discard whatever doesn't work for me.

The only mod I would really, really like to have, is one which would restore the ability to separately control Notification and Ringtone volumes, which worked perfectly in GB, until that feature was removed on ICS, and not restored in JB.

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
The only mod I would really, really like to have, is one which would restore the ability to separately control Notification and Ringtone volumes, which worked perfectly in GB, until that feature was removed on ICS, and not restored in JB.
Yeah, I miss that ability too. I haven't found a rom or mod with just that change in it and it's hard (for me at least :)) to take the java code on github from cyanogenmod and put it into .smali code. I 'solved' it by using Light Flow for all of my notification sounds and selecting no ringtone within apps notification settings. There is also a pretty good solution posted here, though I haven't used it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the new JRO03O stock rom for Verizon LTE Galaxy Nexus from the leaked OTA from google's servers. It is stock other than being rooted (chainsdd), busybox, deodexed, zipaligned, and init.d support. You can flash it with any custom recovery and should probably wipe/factory reset to help ensure you won't have any problems. This is only the ROM and will not upgrade the radios. You can get the new radios and bootloader HERE.

As usual, flash at your own risk and post any successes or problems.

Goo.im DOWNLOAD
    MIRROR
    MD5: c842709dcd906451156dd0232778ce79
    Size: 231.32 MB

MODS:
    Extended Power Menu - CM style and Volume Track Skip
    - Ability to reboot, hot reboot, reboot recovery, & reboot bootloader.
    - Long press volume with screen off to skip track
    - Replaces /system/framework/android.policy.jar
    - Thanks to Cyanogenmod and xIC-MACIx
    - DOWLOAD
    - MIRROR

Native Tethering
    - Removes the native tethering check
    - Replaces /system/framework/framework-res.apk
    - Removes /system/app/SPG.apk
    - DOWLOAD
    - MIRROR

1% Circular Battery Mod
    -
    stat_sys_battery_60.png

- Replaces /system/app/SystemUI.apk
    - DOWLOAD
    - MIRROR

Facebook Sync Mod
    - Enable contacts sync using the official Facebook app
    - Replaces /system/app/ContactsProvider.apk
    - DOWNLOAD
    - MIRROR
    Instructions - Thanks craigacgomez said:
    - Remove you Facebook account
    - Go to Settings > Accounts & sync
    - Uncheck "Sync Contacts" from every account (where available)
    - Go to Settings > Apps > All, select "Contacts Storage" and click "Clear data) [you will lose any contacts which are not synced to any account]
    - Reboot into recovery and flash the mod zip
    - Reboot and enable "Sync Contacts" for all the account
    - Add your Facebook account, select the contacts sync option and wait 2-5 mins
    - If your Facebook contacts do not show up, go to Settings > Accounts & sync
    - Select the Facebook account, and uncheck and re-check "Sync Contacts" and wait 2-5 mins (pictures may take a while to appear)

Exchange Security No PIN
    - Removes secure pin requirements for exchange accounts
    - Replaces /system/app/EmailGoogle.apk and /system/app/Exchange2Google.apk
    - DOWNLOAD
    - MIRROR

Back-Home-Search Softkeys Mod
    - Back-Home-Search softkey in the navigation bar
    - Long press Home for recent apps
    - Long press Search for voice search
    - DOWNLOAD
    - MIRROR

Circular 1% battery with Back-Home-Search Softkeys Mod
    - Circular 1% battery from above
    - Back-Home-Search softkeys as above
    - DOWNLOAD
    - MIRROR
    I must say, this is smoother than any other JB ROM I've tried, and everything is fully functional. In past ROMs I've had issues with the Gallery not syncing with Picassa. That's no longer an issue.

Well... the Picasa sync issue will be present in most (if not all) AOSP based ROMs... the reason:
    1) The Picasa sync code is in the GalleryGoogle app
    2) It is not part of AOSP, so ROMs build from AOSP will have Gallery2.apk without Picasa sync
    3) Google merged the Camera & Gallery apps into one app with JB
    4) If you replace Gallery2.apk with a stock GalleryGoogle.apk in an AOSP ROM you will get Picasa sync, but you will lose any custom camera feature that ROM adds
    Will Circular 1% battery mod from 1.5 rom work on this rom?
    I've got a version that was made with the SystemUI.apk from JRO03O up now in post 1. It flashes the charging pic for 2 seconds and then the percent pic for 2 seconds. I couldn't get the cool animation from the mrom 1.5 version working.

Anyone else having trouble with the power menu mod? I've flashed it twice and it doesn't seem to be working.

Also, does anyone have a working apk for HBO go? Market says it isn't supported for this android version and restoring from titanium doesn't seem to work.
    I've been using the power menu mod with no problems. Did you wipe data before installing the rom or just flash on top of what you had?

OK -- since you asked... I use the Back/Search/Home/Recent/Menu softkey mod. Also, the Exchange no-PIN mod.

The existing ones probably work (I'm running them now on your v1.5 ROM now). I'll try it after I load this one and report back.
    I'll work on getting those updated. Most of them are fairly minor edits.

@mwalt2, nice to see you still in action with stock, rooted builds... good job buddy!!
    heh, thanks. I'm just following your lead from when you posted the stock rooted version :).
    T9 dialer would make this the perfect ROM. Thanks for the update, I flashed this over your last release and it runs great so far.

T9 and the notification drawer power widget!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2