[CM10] v10 + kernel v22 Native SoftCamcorder

Search This thread

scritch007

Jan 5, 2011
Reims
As you have seen, I've compiled CM10 for our x10. We are now working as a Team (CMX10) to help improving this RIM

Main issues:
  • CamCorder hw

Working
  • Gallery
  • Airplane mode :) (When leaving airplane mode, it asks for sim code. Just click on reject button)
  • halt and reboot
  • Bluetooth
  • GSM/Data
  • Wifi
  • Hotspot
  • Tethering USB
  • Soft Camcorder

Check out Tof37 post about the camcorder fix

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41374865&postcount=1019

Discussion thread

This is development thread, please go to discussion thread, if your question isn't for development

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2024438

sources

As always https://github.com/CMX10/android_device_semc_es209ra/tree/jellybean

Binaries

backup add to gdrive https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9yijcf7VwyBTnJyYnB1b0k0ZXc&usp=sharing

Speed will be increased if you use Wuala Client instead of web download. Registration is free.

https://www.wuala.com/CMX10-Releases/CM10/?key=CMX10Team

http://wuala.com/CMX10-Android/

gapps

Thanks
* CMX10 Teammates :)
* nobodyAtall for his kernel I'm using a lot of his work.
* CM team of course
* Zte Blade fixes
* FreeXperia team for the patches for the display
* Nick Holtus for pointing the patch for the display :)
* Championswimmer for improving the repo and fixing updater script

Last edited:

scritch007

Jan 5, 2011
Reims
Check out website for more info

Versions

Rom v10 and kernel v21
* Soft Camcorder

Rom v9.5 and kernel v21
* Update + fix on windows

Rom v9.4 and Kernel v21
* Check website for more information

Kernel v20

Rom v9.3 and kernel v19

Rom v8.1 and kernel v18

Rom v6

Kernel v17
Kernel v16
*Check website for more information

Rom v5.1
* Latest CM10 updates

Rom v4
* Latest CM10 updates
* Torch

kernel v14
* Fix recovery blinking

Beta 3 ROM
* Headset fix
* DSP crash fix
* Adreno lib added by default

Alpha 2 ROM

* Fixes sound (headset issue still not corrected)
* Default camera app working with glitches

X10_4.1.X_CMX10_bootmanager_v13.ftf

* Wifi

X10_4.1.X_CMX10_bootmanager_v12-triple.ftf

* Add Voice + Data

Last edited:

kingstonxl

Jul 3, 2012
Poznań
Bluetooth is also working :)

For anyone who would like to try it - just change wallpaper to static (not animated) screen will flicker lot less
Theres no 3fps limitation :D

Here are some screens (Scritch I hope U don't mind)

And video (of v1):

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 11,852
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 10,905
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 11,646
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 11,756
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 11,710
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 10,009
Last edited:

championswimmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2011
New Delhi
android.championswimmer.tk
Boo :eek:
You beat me to it....

I had started work on CM10 too. It boots to a green coloured lock screen, and even touching it would hot reboot it. :confused:

My semester ends on 7 Dec, and I will have loads of time after that. Let's see if I can contribute something useful to CM10

Sent from my Xperia S using xda app-developers app

faisalusuf

Feb 24, 2008
Karachi
Hi scritch007,

I have a suggestion for you, Fera and other devs. Since the ICS release from Fera is very much stable now and I believe next release of Fera Kernel and ICS (which will be included all your patches etc) will fix the problem reported by ppl so far. The rom is CM9 based rom is in stable state now thus you can focus on CM10 which is nascent while CM9 on which Fera is already working there must be a final release for CM9 and complete focus of all testers/devs/themers on CM10.

What you would say fellows?

Thanks

championswimmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2011
New Delhi
android.championswimmer.tk
OK on another note
If you keep only the es209ra device tree on your laptop and keep it updated, I can run you the builds on my server. I have a full set of cm10 and cm9 sources there.

We can figure this stuff out once my semester exams ending. :)
Since my X10 is not daily, I am looking to help with it. ...

Changing LOG to ALOG itself was headache enough and then the gralloc was crashing on my face....
It's really amazing to see how far this one boots and works.

Sent from my Xperia S using xda app-developers app

scritch007

Jan 5, 2011
Reims
Hi scritch007,

I have a suggestion for you, Fera and other devs. Since the ICS release from Fera is very much stable now and I believe next release of Fera Kernel and ICS (which will be included all your patches etc) will fix the problem reported by ppl so far. The rom is CM9 based rom is in stable state now thus you can focus on CM10 which is nascent while CM9 on which Fera is already working there must be a final release for CM9 and complete focus of all testers/devs/themers on CM10.

Thanks

I don't totally agree in here with you. Fera made an amazing ROM, but it is ported from other devices libraries. I'd like to have a CM9 built that is fully working. On CM9 there is also stuff that don't work (properly). Wifi tethering for instance. Video recording/decoding

Vasishta Reddy

Feb 12, 2012
Hyderabad
I tested your latest build its much stable than the cm10 build which tomgus and I had i can see that many minor bugs which were present in FXP cm9 are fixed. Good luck
Edit:- One thing have you ported any overlay parts from KTG or 3.0 kernel .

Last edited:

SeC0nduNiT

Sep 3, 2009
wow 4.1, this is like christmas gift :good:
I'm going to test, I have seen that :)

EDIT: i had replace kernel.sin from rom to tft kernel, then i can get to cwm

Last edited:
Reactions: aleespa

pathaniya

May 28, 2010
I don't totally agree in here with you. Fera made an amazing ROM, but it is ported from other devices libraries. I'd like to have a CM9 built that is fully working. On CM9 there is also stuff that don't work (properly). Wifi tethering for instance. Video recording/decoding

I feel what Faisal meant to say is that let's get the CM10 party started full-on.
Am sure it's hard to let something that's so close and so long that you have been involved with. It would be very community thing where Fera is already onto something and Scritch onto something better for the entire community. Pardon me if i 've been pushy. You guys got me X10 loving! Otherwise i was happy with my HD2.

Sent from my X10 using xda app-developers app

brenty108

Jan 12, 2011
santa flora
Hi scritch007,

Thanks

Everyone always wants what newer and shinier, but cm9 still need some work. right now it's really good but im sure he knows it can be better thats why he continue working. And remember the devs are people just like you and I with offline lives and as you probably know that this kinda thing takes lots of time and especially since the cat was let out of the bag early people would want work to start on it and want it finished over night. hype aside, all we can do is wait and contribute in anyway we can.

Last edited:

mama_mia

In my opinion the devs must continue to develop CM9.

We should have a full working CM9 before going to CM10.

That way you talk, about leave CM9 and go on to CM10 will leave us without any completed stuff to use.
Next will be CM10.1 (Android 4.2) and then others, and if we always want the newest one we will end without anyone of those working like they should.

Reactions: brenty108

tryantar

Jan 1, 2011
@Scritch, juz wondering, do you need logs for this?
If so, just checking, i can do adb just by connecting my phone to the com and booting it while running
adb logcat -v long > log.txt
right?

thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

scritch007

Jan 5, 2011
Reims
@Scritch, juz wondering, do you need logs for this?
If so, just checking, i can do adb just by connecting my phone to the com and booting it while running

right?

thanks in advance.

For the moment I'm still looking why the display is doing such strange things. No need for logcat, but your command is correct. You don't even need the -v long

Last edited by a moderator:

riginal

Jan 2, 2011
lol, the screen is mad

In case anyone is interested I tried every fix I could find in xda for reducing CM10 display flickering issue like disable/enable ing force gpu rendering, disable/enable ing hw overlay, changing minimum & maximum cpu frequency but none worked, they made a difference and changed the flickering pace & pattern but didn't solve it

Thanks a lot for you great work & contributions scritch007, truly a fan of your amazing work

btw is it me or this really seems smooth, a lot smoother than our current ics roms?

tryantar

Jan 1, 2011
oh by the way. bug report.
is it only me or the menu's are not scrollable? i can't seem go get it to scroll even the home screen.
and the app drawer is basically blank screen so can only access the apps on the main screen only...

Sent from my Xperia X10 using xda app-developers app

kingstonxl

Jul 3, 2012
Poznań
oh by the way. bug report.
is it only me or the menu's are not scrollable? i can't seem go get it to scroll even the home screen.
and the app drawer is basically blank screen so can only access the apps on the main screen only...

Sent from my Xperia X10 using xda app-developers app

I'ts only You :) home screen is scrollable and app drawer too. And guess its to early to report bugs. Let devs work on it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As you have seen, I've compiled CM10 for our x10. We are now working as a Team (CMX10) to help improving this RIM

Main issues:
    • CamCorder hw

Working
    • Gallery
    • Airplane mode :) (When leaving airplane mode, it asks for sim code. Just click on reject button)
    • halt and reboot
    • Bluetooth
    • GSM/Data
    • Wifi
    • Hotspot
    • Tethering USB
    • Soft Camcorder

Check out Tof37 post about the camcorder fix

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41374865&postcount=1019

Discussion thread

This is development thread, please go to discussion thread, if your question isn't for development

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2024438

sources

As always https://github.com/CMX10/android_device_semc_es209ra/tree/jellybean

Binaries

backup add to gdrive https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9yijcf7VwyBTnJyYnB1b0k0ZXc&usp=sharing

Speed will be increased if you use Wuala Client instead of web download. Registration is free.

https://www.wuala.com/CMX10-Releases/CM10/?key=CMX10Team

http://wuala.com/CMX10-Android/

gapps

Thanks
    * CMX10 Teammates :)
    * nobodyAtall for his kernel I'm using a lot of his work.
    * CM team of course
    * Zte Blade fixes
    * FreeXperia team for the patches for the display
    * Nick Holtus for pointing the patch for the display :)
    * Championswimmer for improving the repo and fixing updater script
    Check out website for more info

Versions

Rom v10 and kernel v21
    * Soft Camcorder

Rom v9.5 and kernel v21
    * Update + fix on windows

Rom v9.4 and Kernel v21

Kernel v20

Rom v9.3 and kernel v19

Rom v8.1 and kernel v18

Rom v6

Kernel v17
    Kernel v16
    *Check website for more information

Rom v5.1
    * Latest CM10 updates

Rom v4
    * Latest CM10 updates
    * Torch

kernel v14
    * Fix recovery blinking

Beta 3 ROM
    * Headset fix
    * DSP crash fix
    * Adreno lib added by default

Alpha 2 ROM

* Fixes sound (headset issue still not corrected)
    * Default camera app working with glitches

X10_4.1.X_CMX10_bootmanager_v13.ftf

* Wifi

X10_4.1.X_CMX10_bootmanager_v12-triple.ftf

* Add Voice + Data
    BUZZZ time

Hi all,

It's double Buzzzzz time :).

First CLICK ON THE IMAGE. TWO Things to look at

CMX10 team has been working pretty hard those last days, I must say that new very efficient member ultratoto did a great work on the .32 kernel based on KTG Team great work. We are still not ready to provide you anything stable enough for now, kernel or rom related.

This post is mostly to share our "happiness" with all the x10 xda world.

For info,

kernel .32 also works with 4.1.2, but no camera, and it's not as good as .29 (yet ?).
    Rom CM10.1 is still very unstable worst than first CM10 which only had the blinking issue, seems better with .32 than with .29 kernel. But no camera, no wifi, no phone logs, random reboots. Reboots when phone call ends, unable to answer a call (happened to me on .29 but it should be related).

So now, that the anouncement has been done, please do not ask for ETA we'll come back to you in a new thread when this will be available. Could be just the kernel, or just the ROM or maybe both.

Let's have some ETA.

Wifi Hotspot Open and WPA2 working. (Still need to make wpa-psk work or remove it from menu)

Ad-hock networks (Didn't test it but Tof says it works) Hope I didn't break it when fixing hotspot

USB tethering? working on .32 but have to backport on .29, don't know if it will work.

You'll get the version once we'll have tried to fix the USB tethering on .29 kernel.

Don't ask for .32 kernel, it is still not usable for daily Rom. And the issues are tough to fix
    Simple pledge to keep development thread clean...

First of all Developers are developing ROM by working their a** off all the time they got apart from their life, and its for everybody not only for developer....

When developer sees their thread full of craps which is not related or its already solved, It's simply like you are coming home from work and watch your home in mess.

So, If you really wanna help in developing. Do following----

>> Don't ever ask question in development forum go to discussion thread , Don't make mess in development thread, it makes hard to find what are the bugs to solve, which apparently help yourself.

>> You don't know how to flash or how to install ROM, first of all search : You will find your answer.

>> If you find something unusual or bug first of all search by urself, Is that bug already reported or not ..
    **if that bug is reported than see is there any solution available ??
    * if yes than do that. * If No than seat tight and wait untill somebody fix it or try to fix it by urself.
    **If bug is not reported than double check that what you are reporting is from the end product of ROM or you screwed up urself.
    * If its from ROM and you sure about it : Now post it in development thread.

>> If you can't find something, first of all search it on xda-developers.com, still you can't fing - google it/yahoo it or whatever... still you cant find the solution try to solve by urself... still cant find the solution and it is bug as described on the step above this
    *>report it in development thread with the subject of bug report.

>> Here, I am not targetting anybody neither i am opposing anybody, It is just the thing we developers wants to see in the forum, A clean, neat and up to the point development forum.

>> Please understand and react accordingly...

>> Now no more questions here or any where in development thread.. Go to Discussion thread.

That's it for now

Hope everybody understands...

Cheers,

Raj.