[ROM] AOSP ICS Xoom Wifi (updated 4/4/2012)

Search This thread

rmcsc

Jul 11, 2010
So I need to update SU in the market? Or did they update the flash package in the OP? I flashed this yesterday afternoon, but V2.

Xoomin with Tapatalk

Make sure you install Busybox (don't commit my same mistake); update Superuser app from the Market, then update su binary from within the app. Should be good then. Let us know!

Sent from my Full Android on Wingray using Tapatalk

hardcorecn

Feb 25, 2010
Make sure you install Busybox (don't commit my same mistake); update Superuser app from the Market, then update su binary from within the app. Should be good then. Let us know!

Sent from my Full Android on Wingray using Tapatalk

Just update su binary to 3.0.3.2. Yes. everything is fixed. notification, prompt, log, all go back to normal

shuura

Sep 22, 2010
Columbus, OH
Many thanks OP!! So far, all that's expected to work at this point is working for me.

Sent from my Xoom on Wingray using xda premium

g1ddy

Nov 5, 2010
The gyro scope is off when I try to play games. It is rotated counter clockwise (up=right down=left) how this helps.

Thanks, Adam

I've ran into this too.
I'd also like to point out that I've run into the same issue with youtube not playing in HQ.

Damn you moto release the binaries so they can get the freaking camera and mic to work! How else am I supposed use Majel when it comes out tomorrow?
At least that's what I'm guessing this is about ;)

https://plus.google.com/u/0/104629412415657030658/posts/H2WRixAZBeJ

rmcsc

Jul 11, 2010
The gyro scope is off when I try to play games. It is rotated counter clockwise (up=right down=left) how this helps.

Thanks, Adam

What games? I noticed this in Honeycomb with some games (Air Penguin and Asphalt come to mind).

Sent from my Motorola Xoom WiFi using Tapatalk Pro.
Phone: T-Mobile G2 / HTC Vision @ Gingerbread 2.3.4 using s14mc's G2 Slim v1.4.
Tablet: Motorola Xoom WiFi / Wingray @ Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 using razorbladex401's AOSP ICS Xoom Wifi.

bumbernut

Jul 20, 2008
ROM ran pretty smooth, but I'm going back to HC for now. My NHL Gamecenter App wouldn't play any videos. i like to watch hockey on my xoom.

AzN1337c0d3r

Jul 22, 2010
GPS worked fine for me on this ROM once I enabled Google's location services tracking in Settings > Location services

Strange my GPS has no issues.

Disregard sorry I am on Verizon Zoom with that ICS just realized I was in the wifi thread.

If you have "Use Wireless networks" checked in the Location settings, you maybe getting an approximate location based on the cell-towers or Wi-Fi APs near you. This is not true GPS.

If you do not have that option checked and are still getting an accurate fix, please let me know as I am very interested in how you got it working since apparently the GPS API has been updated since even apps like GPSTether will not work.

rmcsc

Jul 11, 2010
I'm trying to figure out the build.prop to match it with a Verizon model. Doubt I'll get it but if I do, I'll certainly share it.

Sent from my Motorola Xoom WiFi using Tapatalk Pro.
Phone: T-Mobile G2 / HTC Vision @ Gingerbread 2.3.4 using s14mc's G2 Slim v1.4.
Tablet: Motorola Xoom WiFi / Wingray @ Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 using razorbladex401's AOSP ICS Xoom Wifi.

brandogg

Jul 27, 2008
Just installed this...pretty freaking awesome. Keyboard lag is gone, everything is snappy as Hell! Obviously same issues with the camera and HQ YouTube, haven't tried HDMI yet. Haven't done anything other reinstalling my apps through Astro and a little web browsing, but just the basic feel of ICS on a stock kernel feels way quicker than HC 3.2 over locked to 1.4Ghz...amazing stuff here, can only get better too!

publicanimal

Apr 15, 2011
San Diego, CA
If you have "Use Wireless networks" checked in the Location settings, you maybe getting an approximate location based on the cell-towers or Wi-Fi APs near you. This is not true GPS.

If you do not have that option checked and are still getting an accurate fix, please let me know as I am very interested in how you got it working since apparently the GPS API has been updated since even apps like GPSTether will not work.

Well it's accurate enough considering it pinpoints my address to my exact location down to 20 meters.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts