[Guide] Huawei Ascend Y300 Unlock & Root

Search This thread

janeczku

Apr 9, 2013
Huawei Ascend Y300 Unlock & Root [How To / Tutorial]

This great little Android 4.1 smartphone has been released to the German market a week ago. At a price tag of merely 150,00 Euro, it's a steal.

But no fun without root, right ?

Now, Huawei locks and secures the bootloader, which makes flashing a custom recovery impossible without messing with the bootloader code itself.

Luckily, i found out that you can request a bootloader unlock-token on the Chinese Huawei website. After unlocking with
Code:
fastboot oem unlock XXX16-digits-codeXXX
we can flash a china-made (aka chinese-language only) ClockworkMod v6.1, that has been compiled for the Y300. After installing SuperSU from CMW, you GOT ROOT.

I have written an extensive dummy-style tutorial on my tumblr blog. Unfortunately, the forum wont let me post outside links. Please go to this URL:

huawei-y300.tumblr.com

Have fun! :D

Last edited:

al_0621

Nov 14, 2011
is this working on Huawei Y300-0100 or U8833-1??? pls help me how to root my phone, thank you so much!

BBQsBest

Aug 3, 2012
I'm going to buy this phone for my mother, it's good?
Good signal? for US$ 130 is kinda'right?

For you it would be around 190$ in comparison to 150€. 1€ equals 1,31$ at the moment.

The signal is way better than my SGS+ I used before I got my Y300. And I can recommend it to everyone who is not searching for something too expensive. It runs at an average speed and the OS is nearly up-to-date with 4.1.1. The only thing which is disturbing for me is the EmotionUI 1.0 which Huawei uses. But besides that it's perfect for that price! :victory:

Last edited:

corelx

Sep 24, 2007
's-Gravenhage
This great little Android 4.1 smartphone has been released to the German market a week ago. At a price tag of merely 150,00 Euro, it's a steal.

Same goes here, this great handy appeared about a week ago in The Netherlands for only € 119,- :D it is truly a steal :p

And yeah, it's really need the rooting because of the whole bunch of bloatware which comes preinstalled and without
the root half of them are not possible to remove. So thank you very much for the solution! My code is on the way, at least i hope so ;)

I hope it's going to have a section here on xda-developers, because there is a lot possibilites in this phone!

trion

Sep 24, 2006
Zutphen
Same goes here, this great handy appeared about a week ago in The Netherlands for only € 119,- :D it is truly a steal :p

And yeah, it's really need the rooting because of the whole bunch of bloatware which comes preinstalled and without
the root half of them are not possible to remove. So thank you very much for the solution! My code is on the way, at least i hope so ;)

I hope it's going to have a section here on xda-developers, because there is a lot possibilites in this phone!

Yesterday my Galaxy note broke :( won't charge anymore.

So i bought this as a replacement till i find something better.

Works good, only gps is acting strange sometimes more then 100meters to the right or left.

but maybe an update wil fix it. was only happening this morning, this afternoon it worked great

trion

Sep 24, 2006
Zutphen
Today it was working just fine :)

Waiting for my unlock code, they send the email to another department.

corelx

Sep 24, 2007
's-Gravenhage
Waiting for my unlock code, they send the email to another department.
I've received the answer from Huawei yesterday but they sent me back some totally different phone imei, s/n, etc
with a of course wrong unlock code :eek: come'on whats going at huawei?! :D
hope it's going to arrive this week again with the proper code :fingers-crossed:

There is a new rom posted in the huawei website:
http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwi...=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDcxNDI=

Is it possible or recommended to flash this rom? (fone current build: V100R001C00B169)

There's no description about it, maybe just some small fixes.
If you try it, please share your opinion about it!

trion

Sep 24, 2006
Zutphen
my version is: V100R001NLDC150B171

still waiting for mail, hope you didn't receive mine haha ;)

BTW, my settings menu has changed, I now have to click more settings to get to the normal settings, but it never said it was updated.

Last edited:

FurryTauren

Jun 21, 2012
Bought the phone 3 days ago. So far absolutely flawless performance unbelievable for that price....

Just the problem with the stock software that`s taking 3 out of the 4 GB internal storage... so should we expect more ROMs to come soon?

drmilosh88

Apr 22, 2013
Can somebody please post some details for this new build? What has changed etc.. I was searching everywhere and could not find anything :).. Thanks guys..

rocker86

Aug 12, 2011
Kolkata
Can anyone ..pls post the screenies of the phone..means the phone image in hand...I am planning to buy this one..

trion

Sep 24, 2006
Zutphen
Can anyone ..pls post the screenies of the phone..means the phone image in hand...I am planning to buy this one..

Ever tried google? There is exactly what you are asking for :)

Got a reply from Huawei, but they totaly changed the imei and they couldn't give me an unlock code, does their translation system change the imei number? damn, now i have to mail them again and hope they reply the correct number now.

And since I'm not the first here I'm getting a bad feeling :(

rocker86

Aug 12, 2011
Kolkata
Ever tried google? There is exactly what you are asking for :)

Got a reply from Huawei, but they totaly changed the imei and they couldn't give me an unlock code, does their translation system change the imei number? damn, now i have to mail them again and hope they reply the correct number now.

i know brother what google is for..but on XDA if some one can provide those real images taken by himself that is more reliable...

corelx

Sep 24, 2007
's-Gravenhage

Exactly this happened to me few days ago.

EDIT: just received a bunch of mails from Huawei, like 8-9 :D most of them is with the wrong details, but there is a right one also!!! waiting time was like 1 week and 2 emails

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Huawei Ascend Y300 Unlock & Root [How To / Tutorial]

But no fun without root, right ?

Now, Huawei locks and secures the bootloader, which makes flashing a custom recovery impossible without messing with the bootloader code itself.

Luckily, i found out that you can request a bootloader unlock-token on the Chinese Huawei website. After unlocking with
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock XXX16-digits-codeXXX
    we can flash a china-made (aka chinese-language only) ClockworkMod v6.1, that has been compiled for the Y300. After installing SuperSU from CMW, you GOT ROOT.

I have written an extensive dummy-style tutorial on my tumblr blog. Unfortunately, the forum wont let me post outside links. Please go to this URL:

huawei-y300.tumblr.com

Have fun! :D
    You can't install a stock rom, because your IMEI did'nt allow it. The Y300 are saled under two different versions. The one from telefonica and the other for the open market. Open market phones can install the b176cz and the official b175 from huawei. The telefonica devices can only install the official update from huawei, but you got no triggers in the notificationbar. (But theres a fix for telefonica devices made by me, see attachment)
    The solution ist the OEM Info Hack Tool, wich craete a backup of your IMEI, write a custom IMEI, let you flash a rom (b176) and after that it restore your backuped IMEI. Now you are on b176 with telefonica devices. The readme is inside the package.

Btw, other backups and roms could be found here. But remember, it's for Huawei Y300-0100 (U8833-1)
    I'm going to buy this phone for my mother, it's good?
    Good signal? for US$ 130 is kinda'right?

For you it would be around 190$ in comparison to 150€. 1€ equals 1,31$ at the moment.

The signal is way better than my SGS+ I used before I got my Y300. And I can recommend it to everyone who is not searching for something too expensive. It runs at an average speed and the OS is nearly up-to-date with 4.1.1. The only thing which is disturbing for me is the EmotionUI 1.0 which Huawei uses. But besides that it's perfect for that price! :victory:
    still have one crazy idea what i havent tried...
    maybe shankars method can work for you.

only on your own risk!
    i would first put back the twrp and wipe out everything, i mean everything from the phone
    then reboot into bootloader mode and flash back the original recovery, which can be extracted from
    the new firmware build.
    relock the bootloader now and try the UPDATE.APP in the dload folder, booted up with both volume buttons pressed.

maybe it could work, but i can render your phone to a brick like mine, because if the update not going to finish you also not going to have other choice than sending back to service (takes around 4-6 weeks!)

i find backup of huawei y300!
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p1k3jyfhih9g2pg/Ug920rf4GO
    after restore the backup my phone was repaired:)
    It will not turn on anymore. Even after factory reset. It says "Turning Wi-Fi on..." but nothing happens.

Here's what you have to do:

1. Your bootloader must be unlocked, if it is locked, this won't help you.
    2. Download the B176 stock recovery from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dvnwg21k9ib6don/Recovery Stock [B176].rar

3. Download Android SDK:

developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

4. Go to fastboot. Hold power + up and down volumes for 10 seconds.
    5. Connect your phone to your pc.
    5.a extract the stock recovery rar and copy the recovery-new.img to the address of the next step.
    6. Go to the folder adt-bundle-windows-x86\sdk\platform-tools then hold ctrl + shift then right click on an empty space and click open command window here.
    7. Type "fastboot flash recovery recovery-new.img"
    8. Turn off your phone and turn it on again.

Then you will be redirected to the stock recovery and do some wipes and boot you into your phone. Good luck!

Sent from my B1-A71 using Tapatalk HD