[Q] Pressing the back button too fast bring back recent apps on 4.4.3

Search This thread

dogstar55

Jul 20, 2010
Anyone noticed how when you press the back button to exit and application too fast, the screen for you recent apps also display before you are taken back to the home screen?

This issues started after 4.4.3

Anybody have any solutions?

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
It's always been a weird KitKat bug, for me it brings up a random app from somewhere in the recents list that's not even been used for a while. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

surrealjam

Apr 30, 2010
Birmingham
Anyone noticed how when you press the back button to exit and application too fast, the screen for you recent apps also display before you are taken back to the home screen?

This issues started after 4.4.3

Anybody have any solutions?

Yes, not a 4.4.3 specific issue sadly. Was hoping this would have been resolved in the latest update but clearly not. D'oh. I'm completely stock everything, unrooted and it's happened since I bought the phone in February.

Ref: http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/help/random-app-pops-button-exit-t2680148

dogstar55

Jul 20, 2010
I am completely stock too. I only started noticing it since 4.4.3 - or maybe it was always there.

Its quite irritating. Is google looking at this?

grim00

Jan 31, 2011
I've seen a dramatic increase since 4.3.3. Doesn't do it all the time but once it starts it seems to keep doing it for a while.

I cleared Cache and Dalvik but didn't make any difference.

georgios73

Jan 13, 2012
Maybe it's not a bug. Returning to a previously used app could be seen as a convenience. Just a thought.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Reactions: Ben36

jpabloae

Mar 11, 2012
I can confirm this starting from 4.4.3. It's quite simple to reproduce it for me:
  • Open Chrome and press the home button.
  • Open WhatsApp and enter a conversation. Press the back button two times quickly.
This should bring you back to your home screen. Instead it immediately will pop up Chrome for a moment, just to close it automatically afterwards. I press the back button two times in a lot of apps, so this is starting to be really annoying. I'm running everything stock. Has anyone experiencing the issue tried to hard-reset the phone to see if it goes away?

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
I used to face this on stock rom as well... Ever since I've started using a custom rom (AICP) , the bug has disappeared.

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!

Rip95

Aug 2, 2013
Confirm, but true only for stock 4.4.3. Fast pressing back button to exit an app will cause opening last active app (f.e. open dialer with messaging app in background, twice-triple tap back and it will close dialer but bring messaging app right from home screen and close it (wut?)). Running custom and there is no such bug.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe it's not a bug. Returning to a previously used app could be seen as a convenience. Just a thought.

Sent from my Nexus 5