Want Something on the Front Page? Contact Us.

Search This thread

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
Hey all,

You may have noticed that the front page (a.k.a. the portal) of our beloved forums has been getting regular updates, leading to news, improvements, and more.... anything related to xda-developers. Keeping up with the latest and greatest apps, themes, mods, hacks, etc. is our way of giving those developers that put the time and effort in this community some 15 minutes of fame by being featured in the largest online community of its kind in the world. However, since we are not omniscient and hence cannot spot every single piece of software that shows up in a 2.5 million member community, we would like to ask you for help. If you see something that is of interest to you, that you believe could have an impact on XDA, or you simply made the next best app in the world, drop us a pm. We will be more than happy to evaluate the submission and feature it on the XDA Portal.

Here is the contact information for the News Writer Team:

orb3000
ben_duder
mic_888
Wen(WM)
ElCondor
sirphunkee
Livven
nqnguyen2
Leddy
wingman1487
egzthunder1 - Portal Administrator.

Any help and tips are greatly appreciated :) Together we can make xda-developers even bigger than it already is.

Sincerely,

News Writer Team

Last edited:

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce
Introduction

As some of you may know me;)
I´m orb3000, and been around XDA since 2006; this site change me the way of seeing mobile world. Interested mainly on Windows Mobile platform.
I started with Universal which I had for almost 5 years, after that I got a Rhodium and a Maple and later a Leo.
I write most of my articles for that OS and also do active help on spam reporting, as well as welcoming new members:)

I do not consider myself as an expert, I am simply a regular member trying to help to they wayI do better to the first and only community I love so much:)

XDA!!

So, feel free to contact me if you think something of your work may go to our Front Page.
Come on!, don´t be shy:)

orb

Last edited:

ElCondor

Retired News Writer
Mar 14, 2009
Amsterdam
I am ElCondor, and I'm from Holland. You might know me from the GTX Sense theme.
Back in February, I started this job as a news writer, because I wanted to be part of and contribute to the xda-developers community.
Since then, I started to love writing these articles, and my English improved drastically.
My articles are mostly Android or Windows Phone 7 related.
You can always contact me if you have any suggestions or special requests. Also if you have found something newsworthy, something other users may enjoy too, just let me or any other newswriter know.

Best regards,

ElCondor
XDA News Writer

mic_888

Retired News Writer
Sep 8, 2007
London
Hi guys, I've been around since 2007 when I bought the HTC Touch, well things have moved on a lot since then, and I've tried my hand at developing for WM and Android (still learning), but wanted to contribute more by becoming a News Writer for XDA :)

I write mainly Android articles, and some Windows Mobile. We're always sifting through the masses of threads for front page news, but do let me or the other guys know if you think anything is newsworthy including any breaking news!

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
I guess I will add my little "intro" in here as well :)

I'm egzthunder1 and I am the Portal Administrator as well as a Senior Moderator. I have been a XDA member for a very, very long time... since July 2005 to be more precise. I have gone through many devices, starting out with a Wallaby (SX56) and kept on going afterwards with many other devices (Blue Angel, Wizard, Vogue, Raphael, Herman, Mogul, and ultimately HD2)... most of which I still own and are fully functional. I have helped many, many people throughout these years, despite my lack of development ability. A few months ago, I became a News Writer based on a suggestion by Flar (Retired Admin) to try to increase the flow of people to the site by creating a more dynamic front page of the website, with up to date content about everything XDA. Shortly after, I became Senior Moderator, and really shortly after, due to Flar's departure, I became Editor in Chief and Portal Administrator.

I would like to invite all of you (as I stated in my first post in this thread) to let us (the news writer team) know if you know of something that would be cool to have in the front page.

Looking forward to your input and thanks for supporting XDA!

Sincerely,

egzthunder1

ben_duder

Retired News Writer
Oct 15, 2008
Watford
Hi there!

I've been a member since 2008, when I got my Universal after having the Monet for some time. Although it was basic, the Monet forced me to get another Windows Mobile phone as I was instantly addicted to how much potential the operating system had - before then I could never really check emails, browse the internet or watch video without booting up my PC.
After the Universal came my much-adored Touch Pro, which I still use. I recently bought and fixed up a G1 so that I could branch out into the Android side of the site a little more, and I'm really enjoying tinkering with the system.
I wanted to become a news writer as I have always felt an urge to contribute to the community despite not having any technical knowledge (some of you might have seen me giving out dodgy advice around the forums ;)).
Having both phones should let me write articles about both Android and Windows Mobile, and I hope I can help if you want to get your story out on the front page.

swiss420

Jul 15, 2007
www.swiss420.ch
Maybe something to expand on....

Found a website that analyzes the value of other sites.

What is the Website Value of XDA-Developers.com

It seems that xda-developers.com is being valued at $13.28 Million. With 1.66 Million Pages and with a World Wide rank of 1,806. Compared to that: Htc.com is only worth $12.66 Million :) Google is ranked 1 worth $8 Billion and Microsoft on rank 19 worth $1 Billion.

http://bizinformation.org/us/www.xda-developers.com

A little side note, my Blog only ranks at 1.4 Million and is only worth 7800.- :) For Obvious reasons.

MikeChannon

Forum Admin
Staff member
Jun 7, 1972
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

It seems that xda-developers.com is being valued at $13.28 Million. With 1.66 Million Pages and with a World Wide rank of 1,806. Compared to that: Htc.com is only worth $12.66 Million :) Google is ranked 1 worth $8 Billion and Microsoft on rank 19 worth $1 Billion.

A little side note, my Blog only ranks at 1.4 Million and is only worth 7800.- :) For Obvious reasons.

Website valuation sites are notorius for being crazily inaccurate when it comes to valuing Forum sites and Blogs. They tend to be based on assumptions about traffic, potential sales and ad clicks. Few Blogs and Forums sell much if anything and that just leaves ad clicks. Forums are very poor at generating ad clicks as Members tend to become completely blind to the ads and don't click them at all. Much of the traffic to blogs and forums is repeat traffic and they are even less likely to click on the ads (not to mention ad blockers). When was the last time you click an ad on here!?

Mike

swiss420

Jul 15, 2007
www.swiss420.ch
Website valuation sites are notorius for being crazily inaccurate when it comes to valuing Forum sites and Blogs. They tend to be based on assumptions about traffic, potential sales and ad clicks. Few Blogs and Forums sell much if anything and that just leaves ad clicks. Forums are very poor at generating ad clicks as Members tend to become completely blind to the ads and don't click them at all. Much of the traffic to blogs and forums is repeat traffic and they are even less likely to click on the ads (not to mention ad blockers). When was the last time you click an ad on here!?

Mike

Absolutly true, and I am sure I did not motivate anyone to sell xda-developers.com. ;) But it is still a amusing evaluation. For me XDA-Developers.com has definetly much more continues value then htc.com but I guess one might not exist without the other. But regarding clicking adds I rather donate directly. But off course I donate to many different people not just XDA-Developers.com. Regarding the adds I wonder how much money they really generate? If they are useless I would not mind to see them gone. ;) Dont worry I will donate something for saying that. lol

chrialex

Apr 6, 2009
Dodgeville, WI

Mike

Wait, there are ads here?!?!?!?!

price less knowledge!!

as the guy stated the websites are mostly rated by how many clicks and traffic they have from ads as well. I believe the knowledge that this site provides it's priceless. And because it is distributed free the value ranks it to one of the most important (if not the most important) website from celphone developers to the least know hows users. This website I consider it the Great Library of Alexandria!

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce
as the guy stated the websites are mostly rated by how many clicks and traffic they have from ads as well. I believe the knowledge that this site provides it's priceless. And because it is distributed free the value ranks it to one of the most important (if not the most important) website from celphone developers to the least know hows users. This website I consider it the Great Library of Alexandria!

Completely agree!!

Captainkrtek

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 16, 2010
Seattle
note, although im not listed on the main post by Ez iam a news writer ;) maybe its cause im still a newbie :rolleyes: