Nand Android Working

Search This thread

hunderteins

Sep 7, 2009
Touchscreen Calibration

The touchscreen is a bit off. So everytime I reboot the device I had to calibrate it manually. With this patch, I got a better calibration from start:

--- arch/arm/mach-msm/board-htcnike.c.git 2011-10-04 20:50:32.000000000 +0200
+++ arch/arm/mach-msm/board-htcnike.c 2011-10-04 20:50:34.000000000 +0200
@@ -609,7 +609,7 @@
.get_pendown_state=get_pendown,
.xmin=288,
.ymin=320,
- .xmax=3652,
+ .xmax=3152,
.ymax=3565,
.sensitivity=3072,
.invertx=1,

Reactions: vsavichev

vsavichev

Mar 29, 2008
Ashdod
Well, since there was no this problem with other people, may be calibration problem is not in the kernel, try to play with different radios, for me the best was 1.71k. And to make android much more useful, try to make headset work, focus on voguehw.c and audiopara.c, the microphone in headset already works, i think, but i never got sound output to headset working. At the bottom of voguehw.c there is a detection of headset, which i disabled, cause phone was detecting headset connected when the charger was plugged in... If you want to work out Bluetooth, it is in htcrfkill.c or htcnikerfkill.c, depends on initialization at the bottom of main HTC Nike board file... Where the camera is, i don't actually remember, but it is much more complicated and much less critical, i think.

Reactions: hunderteins

hunderteins

Sep 7, 2009
Well, since there was no this problem with other people, may be calibration problem is not in the kernel, try to play with different radios, for me the best was 1.71k.

Thank you very much for your input.

I've got a Nike 200 with Nike Radio 1.65.28.25/SPL-1.15.Hard/CPLD-4
When I tried to flash RUU Nike Radio 1.71.09.01K I got "00018003 NIKEIMG.nbh - FAIL" so I continued using 1.65.28.25.

After downgrading to 1.58.11.07 this morning, the flash of 1.71.09.01K worked, too.
But the decalibrated touchscreen remains. With the default values in
arch/arm/mach-msm/board-htcnike.c the touchscreen is off.
At the moment I'm happy with
.xmin=288,
.ymin=20,
.xmax=3102,
.ymax=3865,

Next on my agenda will be bluetooth. I hope I will have more luck with the new radio.

kind regards,
hunderteins

Last edited:

barfbarfbear

Jul 4, 2009
barfbarfbear Androidupdate you get from here sourceforge URL... download the modules for 2.6.25 kernel. Actually, the build from the first post made from the same sources, like fat free froyo, just a little newer and with the needed kernel modules integrated already.

thank you for your help but it didn't work. i'm still getting the same error. but after messing around within the black screen and typing stuff i deceided to type "exit" to hopefully restart my phone by softwarecommand. but fortunatley the installationprocess went on. from thereon everything seems like to be ok.

but if i reset my phone it does the same error again so i have to type exit again.

does somebody have the same problem?

btw. found this log on the sdcard, looks to be important :

** /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
** Phase 1 - Read and Compare FATs
Attempting to allocate 1919 KB for FAT
Attempting to allocate 1919 KB for FAT
** Phase 2 - Check Cluster Chains
** Phase 3 - Checking Directories
** Phase 4 - Checking for Lost Files
Free space in FSInfo block (469950) not correct (469939)
Fix? yes
Next free cluster in FSInfo block (20706) not free
Fix? yes
21 files, 1879756 free (469939 clusters)
sh: 0: unknown operand
AutoMode for system
AutoMode for data
Install module for this kernel
apply modules/androidupdate.tgz
Failed
from sourceforge

Last edited:

vsavichev

Mar 29, 2008
Ashdod
barfbarfbear Looks like you are using the sd card for android installation, so may be there is a problem with the card. If you are using my kernel, make sure you check "system on nand" and "data on nand" during installation process, because this kernel is optimized to work from nand only, so i don't know if it will work correctly with sd card installation. But there is one more problem, which i found during the experiments with android on my HD2. When you are installing the stock winmo rom, it makes full nand format, which mean checking all the memory and marking the bad blocks. But if you are installing any custom rom, including android, the file system table is rewrited from scratch, including all the bad blocks information. Since there is no full format procedure, kernel is using all the memory, so if some impotent information is writed on a bad block, it gets corrupted. Since Nike is actually old, there is a big chance to have a lot of bad blocks, thats why android installation may work well on some phones, and on others can make a problems...
hunderteins There are two important points, you have to have your attention on. The first- bluetooth, the same as camera on Nike, have no full and clear information about GPIOs. According to this http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Nike_GPIO_Table you can find 4 radio channel GPIOs and GPIO for clock, but if you will look at the htcrfkill.c file, you will see that you need at least one more GPIO for Bluetooth power, or may be some more. My knowledge was not enouth even to understand, how it works exactly...
The second point- try using my way to understand how to fix some issues, go here http://androidhtc.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=androidhtc/kernel.git;a=summary and you can see the history of kernel changes for kaiser, vogue and polaris, it was very usefull for me, just with copy-pasting i rewrite complitely the touchscreen driver, which fixed vibration caused freezes.
So good luck, i'll be happy to help with any questions, just remember, i am not a programmer, so don't ask too much...

Reactions: hunderteins

hunderteins

Sep 7, 2009
thank you for your help but it didn't work.

barfbarfbear: You may give my efforts a try. At the moment I'm using a sdcard
installation with the source I got from vsavichev and some minor changes:

* changed display calibration so it will fit my Nike 200
* using the CONFIG_FONT_MINI_6x6 from the dslinux project
* removed arch/arm/mach-msm/ts/htcnike-ts.c which confused me
* kernel-config which does not depend on modules and I disabled options I see
so far no use in for the Nike.

take a look at: h__p://remote.org/sven/htcnike/andboot/ (use t for _)

In the parent drawer are the kernelconfig and the kexec programm (plus reboot.sh)
which help me to test kernel-changes without actually rebooting into windows mobile.

vsavichev

Mar 29, 2008
Ashdod
hunderteins Well, i hope you will get some results, but remember, if you are testing your kernel under Haret, you can get some different results from cold booting from nand, Haret unloads windows from the memory, but the initializations, made by windows stay... So the most important task for me was to make correct cold initialization. Actually your way of development got a point, you are working with already initialized hardware, so you can try, for example, to enable Bluetooth in win mobile, remove all the initialization and resets of Bluetooth in boardhtcnike.c and htcrfkill.c, maybe you will get some sign of working Bluetooth, and after that you can begin to initialize hardware in cold boot.
P.S. Why i am talking so much about cold boot? The biggest goal of my project, as you see in the name of the thread, was to make android to be able to boot from Nand, which means to remove this ugly windows mobile comlitely, SD card installation can be usefull, but it is only half a way...

Last edited:

TomPiXX

Mar 27, 2008
NRW
Is there a chance to prevent random data resets after low battery problem?

I had to reinstall all apps and settings 5-6 times since using this rom.
I really love it but that's a big problem.

aipkoi

Feb 21, 2010
Bandung
i have try this experiment about andoid on nand about 2 month ago, Now
Even if I align it correctly, there's still "an error" of 0.5 cm for the left. This is very annoying I cant press the X button. Also, touchscreen dont work with slide open. Very strange. back to winmo same case, anyone can help me peelisss

lucas_mcosta

Nov 9, 2011
I've tried this on my Niki.

And it works perfect !

The only issue is that i can't install or move apps to SDcard, is there any solution for this ?

jplinux3

Nov 22, 2008
Buenos Aires
Hi, i install this android, and works, some problem whit battery (i dont now hoy much i have)
a question, is it posible to detect the phone in windows so i can acces my files in the sd card¿???

Thanks!

tarkan-t29

Nov 3, 2010
France
Hi all ! I was wondering if you guys have fixed the headset and bluetooth issue?
(Sorry I did not read all the topic messages..)

JonnyX93

Jan 12, 2009
Hey

I really like this android in nand, but I can't receive any calls, because the phone is staffed all the time.

Any solution for this?

Tau78

Dec 10, 2008
Thank you vsavichev and all the other guys for your hard and stunning work.
My TD is alive again :)

One question: once i've Froyo up and running, how can i flash the radio for upgrade it to 1.71?

tnx

Sectumsempra82

Dec 26, 2010
Nice job, I used your tutorial and files to make a neon 200 version, i posted it right now, hope you don't get angry if i used your files as a starting point ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hard SPL your phone first before proceeding.

Don't let your battery to discharge completely, if it happens, connect the charger (red led appears), take out the battery (with the charger still connected, red led remains on), put the battery back (orange led appears) and then fast turn the phone on and enter bootloader mode because there the phone is charging even that no led is on.

Google Android kernel build working from NAND memory.

I am glad to introduce you the result of our hard work, based on the android kernel and tinboot bootloader, made by DZO. I am, vsavichev, working on kernel, my friend hrustile- on design and system, and my friend blyha- on the hardware researching and testing part.

HOWTO Installation process.
    Doing on the security unlocked phone under your own responsibility, all unlocking info is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=355730

1. Download Nikeimg.7z, archive contain 2 images, for 20 or 16 keys keyboard.
    2. Flash it like usual firmware, which means:
    2.2 From the SDcard:rename file NIKEIMG16K(20K).nbh to NIKEIMG.nbh and put it to the root of SD card. Make folder named "andboot" in the root of your SD card and put there android build itself, which usually named "androidinstall.tar",if not, rename it. My recommendation is this one, from my friend hrustile : http://www.multiupload.com/OYW85PFMH1. No need to format SD card or remove any files. Turn off your phone and reboot to bootoader mode (e.g. hold CAMERA and POWER buttons) Then phone will detect itself that there is a firmware is on your SD card and will ask your to press POWER button, so press it. Flashing takes about 20 seconds, after it's over pull the battery or press reset.
    2.3 From the PC: same procedure exept no need to put NIKEIMG.NBH on the SD card. You need to put it to the folder with flasher on the PC. The rest same as SD card flashing.

But it's not all!!!

3. Turn device on and wait until i says "Hold down Volume Up or DPad Center to launch installer" press and hold central button, you'll see installer menu. If you missed yo press button- reset and press it directly after seeing some output on the screen.
    Choose Data & Sys on "(*) NAND" and press Install android, then answer yes twice. Now installation process is started, wait for a minute or so.

4 And at last after installation is over press Quit, first boot takes some time so be patient. Then enjoy your Android.

Working:
    1. Sound
    1.1 Loud speaker
    1.2 Voice speaker
    1.3 Headset
    1.4 Volume adjusting

2. Network
    2.2 Bluetooth
    2.3 GSM
    2.4 GPRS/EDGE/3G

3. Camera
    3.1 Main
    3.2 Front

4. Hard Buttons

5. Display
    5.1 Touch
    5.2 Calibration

6. Power Managment
    6.1 Hybernation(Sleep)
    6.2 Brightness Adjustment

7. Vibration

Works/Not works

Here are the last tested images, archive contains 20k and 16k version. I tried some radios, the best one was 1.71k.
    After heavy experiments my Nikes touchscreen dead, so this project is over for me. I'll upload all the files i changed in kernel souces and wish good luck for people, who will continue my work.
    For the people who have no problem with vibration, there is new image with 11M extra RAM, not a big deal but still nice.
    I will try to send one to you by airmail.
    I have 4 of them.
    mark81 Just for you no vibration version.