DNA Verizon OTA Package Zip 2.04.605.2 710RD OTA 2/14/13

Search This thread

lazarus2297

Sep 2, 2010
North Carolina
It would be /cache/"folder name" but you probably have to have root access to place the file there...

For "folder name" I think when the ota starts it creates its own name so not sure how would do it manually especially since you don't have root access anymore..

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

BBEgo

Sep 14, 2011
Yes, but then if I flash ViperDNA, I actually revert some files I just spent time upgrading. Obviously a complete waste of time. I'll wait until nit merges the OTA with the ROM. If I have to relock/unlock at that time so be it, but I'm not going back to stock for what amounts to a minor patch. If there was an Android or Sense version upgrade, that'd be another story.

Not a waste of time at all. Radio and Hboot updates aren't lost when you flash a ROM, Viper or otherwise. And those updates can't get cooked into a ROM, so what you're saying here doesn't really make sense.

Yes, there were some minor fixes to the stock Rom, but the really juicy stuff that will improve the performance of the entire phone is in the firmware (HBoot & Radios) update. These improvements stick, regardless of what Rom you run. If you don't do the update, you won't enjoy the benefits.

One more thing to consider: once the new update is determined by our devs to be the better, more stable platform, they'll stop writing for the old firmware. We saw this with the Rezound.

Sent from my HTC DNA

Sjflowerhorn

Apr 28, 2010
Maple Shade/Collingswood/Cherry Hill
Just talked to VZW rep and she said only 20,000 devices had the OTA pushed so far. Another 100,000 on Monday and by Friday another 400,000 will recieve it. She said it was in case it went poorly there was less damage to repair.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

docnok63

Nov 22, 2012
Memphis, TN
Not a waste of time at all. Radio and Hboot updates aren't lost when you flash a ROM, Viper or otherwise. And those updates can't get cooked into a ROM, so what you're saying here doesn't really make sense.

Yes, there were some minor fixes to the stock Rom, but the really juicy stuff that will improve the performance of the entire phone is in the firmware (HBoot & Radios) update. These improvements stick, regardless of what Rom you run. If you don't do the update, you won't enjoy the benefits.

One more thing to consider: once the new update is determined by our devs to be the better, more stable platform, they'll stop writing for the old firmware. We saw this with the Rezound.

I don't understand why you're so concerned with what software I have on my phone that you're trying to press an update on me. I'm very happy with my phone's current setup. I don't have any issues with my radios or hboot. Until someone comes up with a new system writable kernel and nit updates Viper, I'm quite content to sit where I am.

My playstore downloads are at 3g speeds after update. But speed test are at 15mbps. Anybody else having this?

Newer software doesn't always mean better. Think Window Millennium, Vista, Android Honeycomb, etc, etc..

djnikko

Mar 16, 2007
www.boostfm.com
All you do is charge phone, plug in to computer, type "fastboot oem lock", run the ruu, then take the update. Then reuse your original cid and re unlock. Doesn't seem like much coming from Motorola's and even some samsungs seem to be way worse to take updates.

If I never installed a Rom or changed kernel, but just rooted, and stayed stock, never deleted bloat is it possible to re-lock and just take update, and then re-unlock? Install recovery, and than Rom?

posted by Droid DNA/Transformer Infinity

Sjflowerhorn

Apr 28, 2010
If I never installed a Rom or changed kernel, but just rooted, and stayed stock, never deleted bloat is it possible to re-lock and just take update, and then re-unlock? Install recovery, and than Rom?

The RUU doesn't discriminate! Regulates every shade of that a$$. Lol basically as long as you lock it and run the RUU successfully and then wait for/take the update then re unlock, recovery, root, kernel/rom you will be good to go. Just remember you may not have the OTA yet. Vzw is doing a "wave rollout" so they don't have to replace 500,000 phones lol.

beaups

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH

You don't need to relock first. Just need to flash stock recovery.

Make sure you have super cid before you update, too.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

BBEgo

Sep 14, 2011
I don't understand why you're so concerned with what software I have on my phone that you're trying to press an update on me. I'm very happy with my phone's current setup. I don't have any issues with my radios or hboot.

Whoa take it easy! In no way am I trying to tell you what to do. I was just trying to help clear up a couple of things that you didn't appear to fully understand. You implied that Nit would be able to incorporate everything that was important in the update in his next releases, and that simply is not true.

If you have no radio problems in your area, that's awesome. But many do have reception issues in certain places, and radio updates can fix these issues. For those who would benefit from a radio upgrade, they'll want the OTA update. The new HBoot does correct a few things that many people consider critically important, but again, that might not apply to you.

Sorry if I offended you.

droidmark

Oct 13, 2010
You don't need to relock first. Just need to flash stock recovery.

Make sure you have super cid before you update, too.

This worked for me. I was unlocked but had not installed custom recovery, superuser etc. I took the ota update which relocked the bootloader. Reflashed my unlock_code.bin and all is well again.

Sjflowerhorn

Apr 28, 2010
This worked for me. I was unlocked but had not installed custom recovery, superuser etc. I took the ota update which relocked the bootloader. Reflashed my unlock_code.bin and all is well again.

So in theory what your saying is, I can re unlock, re root, move the file into correct placement, re install stock recovery, and the manually update that way?

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
So in theory what your saying is, I can re unlock, re root, move the file into correct placement, re install stock recovery, and the manually update that way?

yea you should be able to... this is what im gonna try today:

Check my post below or my sig for what I did and it worked for me!

and hopefully i can then reflash TWRP and be

***Tampered***
***Unlocked***

Im gonna report back in a little bit with my findings *wish me luck haha*

Last edited:
Reactions: chazking

crg31953

Oct 17, 2010
Could someone please check the radio/baseband version number after the ota and post it?
Just doing some checking and playing.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

crg31953

Oct 17, 2010
So am I correct in assuming that 1.00.00.1023_3 is the original radio?

And thank you for the response!
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the raw Verizon OTA DNA 2.04.605.2 710RD OTA update.

You cannot flash this. I pulled it from my cache after downloading it.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658474558

When I get home tonight(in 5 hours) I'll flash it and try to unlock.. But i am sure within the hours someone will have already done that and reported :p

Don't flash it. The hboot will relock. Wait for devs like me to put out a stock ROM patched before trying..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    i am by no means a developer but I did unzip the file and peek around there is a folder called firmware.zip and inside it has what appears to be all new

boot.img
    hboot_signedbyaa.img
    radio.img
    recovery.img

and a file called android-info.txt with the text

modelid: PL8320000 cidnum: VZW__001 mainver: 2.04.605.2 btype:1 aareport:1 hbootpreupdate:12

so yeah i wouldn't flash this.. but who am I to tell you what to do.. :D
    Can't wait to see what useful bits the developers find in there.

Maybe at least beaups and Jcase can look to see if it plugs any of the exploits.
    Can't wait to see what useful bits the developers find in there.

Maybe at least beaups and Jcase can look to see if it plugs any of the exploits.

Well the only "good" way to really look is for someone to install the update....