[HOWTO] Port N7100 ROMs to I317 and N7105

Search This thread

DesertHawk

Nov 19, 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
It would, but why would you do that? the N7100 is the more popular device and the one with more frequent updates from Sammy. :cool: I don't think you're missing anything from AT&T's releases.
Dagr8's hybrid tablet rom for ATT Note 2 and we guys want it on the GSM one so I was gonna do this little guide - done it now.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1987023

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II LTE GT-N7105 using xda premium

Last edited:

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
Flashed and booted up Monxified N7100 ROM but does not recognize SIMcard

I'm guessing this is the main concern in the updater script?

Code:
ui_print("Flashing kernel ...");
ui_print("++++++++++++++++++++");	   
assert(package_extract_file("indie/boot.img", "/tmp/boot.img"),
       write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p8"),
       delete("/tmp/boot.img"));
ui_print("Flashing modem ...");
ui_print("++++++++++++++++++++"); 
package_extract_file("indie/flash_image", "/tmp/flash_image");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/flash_image");
assert(package_extract_file("indie/modem.bin", "/tmp/modem.bin"), 
run_program("/tmp/flash_image", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p10", "/tmp/modem.bin"),
	   delete("/tmp/modem.bin"));
	   delete("/tmp/flash_image");

I replaced the modem with the ATT modem and put in the Perseus boot.img in place of the one on the ROM, so I'm guessing they will be okay to leave alone now, but I just don't know about the flash_image. I'm in the middle of searching around. Is that okay to leave like it is?

replaced files as madmack said...also replaced modem.bin and kernel boot.img, csc folder and csc version did not change any updater script lines...booted up fine and wifi etc works but no cell signal as does not receognize SIM..

more work to be done..back to nandroid backup :) of xxdma6 jdev

(this all on t889)

turilo

Jun 17, 2007
Hamilton,Ont
replaced files as madmack said...also replaced modem.bin and kernel boot.img, csc folder and csc version did not change any updater script lines...booted up fine and wifi etc works but no cell signal as does not receognize SIM..

more work to be done..back to nandroid backup :) of xxdma6 jdev

(this all on t889)

Should have worked even with sim error I usually flash carrier csc after the rom install and sim error goes away no issues. Main concern now that needs to be looked into is the phone FC on other end hanging up first in phone calls

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: frewys

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
Should have worked even with sim error I usually flash carrier csc after the rom install and sim error goes away no issues. Main concern now that needs to be looked into is the phone FC on other end hanging up first in phone calls

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

it did not have baseband (hence saying insert sim card when going into mobile networks) I reflashed modem and still no baseband. Back to jdevma6 nandroid.

I tried this rom

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1968893

file structure has boot.img and modem.bin so easy to replace

EDIT: My mistake. I forgot the build.prop line to change. However, this time it booted and went to the signal but kept dropping off with android.phone fc. (again would say something about SIM..brief mobile signal icon lighting up then shutting off with phone fc..)

Should have just got the N7100 in retrospect. Anyway..

Last edited:

K2adir

Oct 2, 2012
It would be so great if somebody makes a video tutorial about this.
people with issues or people who are afraid to do this can highly appreciate it.

Just saying

lpsi2000

Jan 16, 2004
TriState
It would be so great if somebody makes a video tutorial about this.
people with issues or people who are afraid to do this can highly appreciate it.

Just saying

A video is not needed and could confuse people even more. I know some where in this thread someone put the list files in zip to make easier for you to see exactly what you need to change.

Keep mind every ROM may have their own twist and how it is installed. ROM developers changes things at will for their own needs. You need to understand what you are doing and what the ROM is trying to do during the installation.

For example, a lot these new ROMs are using Aroma installer to provide users with choices (which is really nice). However, you better understand what is being done because you may pick something that is going install the N7100 Kernel or Modem. Or may have no choice, because the ROM installer does install Kernel and Modem by default regardless of your selection.

Either way it is pretty easy now but it does require reading a bit and maybe starting with a ROM without Aroma installer.

imablackhat

Sep 15, 2005
www.zevink.com
So in theory I can flash a n7100 rom.

Flash the zip to change to n7105

Change everything around. As far as build prop and stuff.

And then flash the n7105 verizon lte fix for n7105 roms so I can get data?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2167568

I want to flash this. It has a modem.bin in the zip though.
I just want to learn how to use it. I really want tablet ui.

Last edited:

imablackhat

Sep 15, 2005
www.zevink.com
Update I was able to get that rom to work. Got signal. Got 4g and everything. Then got unlock sim message and was stock on 3g or no data with no shown signal.

And I couldn't unlock cuz I don't know the password and apparently there is a way to bypass by using phone dialer. But I couldn't open dialer. Dpi glitches or something.

turilo

Jun 17, 2007
Hamilton,Ont
For those pm'ing me to try the ports I've made I no longer port them. which I still could but no longer will until the phone fc issue when party hangs up is fixed. It breaks LTE on each fc and also the greed of indie not wanting to share his Omega ROM being ported I find utterly sad on his part!!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: frewys

hwnstyle21

Mar 11, 2006
For those pm'ing me to try the ports I've made I no longer port them. which I still could but no longer will until the phone fc issue when party hangs up is fixed. It breaks LTE on each fc and also the greed of indie not wanting to share his Omega ROM being ported I find utterly sad on his part!!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Did you ever get freezes on Omega's Lion logo before aroma?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I spent the entire day yesterday trying to make Android Revolution HD work on my I317. At the end of the day, success ! and here is how:

Please do not experiment with this stuff if you're not familiar with partitions and the way things work. You do run the risk of bricking your device permanently if you don't know what you're doing. I'll write this so that developers can start porting their ROMs to the LTE variants.

The two devices are identical except for the modem (and rild files) and the GPS initialization at bootup.

1. You'll need to rewrite the updater-script in most CWM flashable ROMs to make sure.. again, MAKE SURE that you do not flash anything else except /system /data and the boot partition. Overwriting your modem partition with a modem from the N7100 phone or the bootloader partitions will blow up your phone. You've been warned ! The partition labels and numbers are identical so you won't have to change that.

2. Make sure you bundle a kernel (boot.img) from one of I317/N7105 (depending on which device you own). Obviously we're talking about TW kernels here so for example stock JB kernels or Perseus will do just fine. Do not flash boot.img kernels from the N7100 section.

3. You'll need to add and remove a bunch of userland library files from your device. I won't attach these files here but you can grab them from any I317/N7105 ROM:

Files to ADD/REPLACE (Yes, every single one counts as they're dynamically linked). The stuff in /system/bin are started by the initramfs in the kernel so add them all in as well:

Code:
    ./system
    ./system/bin
    ./system/bin/qcks
    ./system/bin/sec-ril
    ./system/bin/qmuxd
    ./system/bin/efsks
    ./system/bin/diag_uart_log
    ./system/bin/netmgrd
    ./system/bin/gsiff_daemon
    ./system/bin/ks
    ./system/bin/rild
    ./system/bin/qmiproxy
    ./system/bin/secstarter
    ./system/etc
    ./system/etc/gps.conf
    ./system/lib
    ./system/lib/hw
    ./system/lib/hw/audio.primary.smdk4x12.so
    ./system/lib/hw/gps.default.so
    ./system/lib/hw/audio_policy.smdk4x12.so
    ./system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so
    ./system/lib/libnetmgr.so
    ./system/lib/libaudio-ril.so
    ./system/lib/libloc_api_v02.so
    ./system/lib/libril-qcril-hook-oem.so
    ./system/lib/libqdp.so
    ./system/lib/libdsutils.so
    ./system/lib/libqmiservices.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi_client_qmux.so
    ./system/lib/libloc_adapter.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi_common_so.so
    ./system/lib/libqdi.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi.so
    ./system/lib/libcsd-client.so
    ./system/lib/libloc_eng.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi_encdec.so
    ./system/lib/libqcci_legacy.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi_cci.so
    ./system/lib/libssaudio-client.so
    ./system/lib/libidl.so
    ./system/lib/libril.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi_csi.so
    ./system/lib/libdiag.so
    ./system/lib/libdsi_netctrl.so
    ./system/lib/libgps.utils.so
    ./system/lib/libgps.so
    To remove !!! Moi importante !
    Code:
    ./system/lib/hw/gps.exynos4.so
    If you don't remove that GPS exynos4 file, HAL will load it and never the gps.default.so file so your gps won't work. Took me three friggin hours to figure out.

4. Lastly, you'll need to change build.prop so that it loads our RILD files instead of the N7100's:
    Code:
    replace
    rild.libpath=/system/lib/libsec-ril.so
    with
    rild.libpath=/system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so

5. ???

6. Profit.

When I get sometime, I'll try to port CM10 from the N7100 tree. Done.
    CM10 RILD. Done. :victory:

:good::good::good:
    For those who wish to port - here are the files i pulled from stock i317 - the folders are named their respective places.

Replace and flash away! I could make a script to do it for you, but I'm not going ot make it that easy lol.

Edit: I could just make this a flashable zip. Install your desired 7100 rom, then flash this...anyone interested?
    apn works now. LTE is a go.

I'm done for the day. Have a good night guys
    guys, AUDIO IS FIXED !

Whaaat up

Lemme try to document the entire thing into my github account. That should be the easy part.

So far, GPS, Bluetooth, Wifi, Audio, RIL.. all works in AOSP.

I think we got some issues with the stylus (like its completely broken) but who cares about that right? j/k