[RADIO][MOD][T-Mobile](6.19) ICS & GB Radios

Search This thread

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
I just unlocked my phone. Placed tmobile sim in and now is unlocked. Is the SIM card now fried? Do I need a new one? Reboot into TWRP and flashed Blaze. Rebooted phone. No network. Tried to use tweeker and it said needs a new sim or can't be in airplane mode. Still shwoing UCLF6 as radio. I don't believe I missed a step. I will reflash blaze. see if anything changes. Ideas?

Wipe cache and flash modem. Go into phone *#2263# and pick wcdma 1700 and it will be a stop signal and than you should have signal after that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Reactions: delacrow

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
I just unlocked my phone. Placed tmobile sim in and now is unlocked. Is the SIM card now fried? Do I need a new one? Reboot into TWRP and flashed Blaze. Rebooted phone. No network. Tried to use tweeker and it said needs a new sim or can't be in airplane mode. Still shwoing UCLF6 as radio. I don't believe I missed a step. I will reflash blaze. see if anything changes. Ideas?

That's happened to me too, you can also reflash your ROM then reflash modem then wipe cache/dalvik then rwboot

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

holeshot77

Jul 11, 2008
Grimes, IA
Hey guys. Thanks. Did what u said Charlie. Worked perfect. Thank you. Also used tweaker to make sure apns were good. I'm happy. I got a free s2 by switching to T-Mobile(was on shared). I don't even need it now. Thanks guys again. :D

Reactions: CB620

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
Hey guys. Thanks. Did what u said Charlie. Worked perfect. Thank you. Also used tweaker to make sure apns were good. I'm happy. I got a free s2 by switching to T-Mobile(was on shared). I don't even need it now. Thanks guys again. :D

Glad it worked for you.

savagepagan

Jan 26, 2012
RTP, NC
Has anyone tried the modified build.prop along with these modified modems?

Ps.
What are your apn settings?
I have the mms proxy and mms port blank. Sometimes I fill it in but it does not seem to make a diff. in my speeds.
I am using Padawan 8. It is based on h0tw1r3's 7005 base. I am using the uvlg3 - UVLG3modemfori717_gt-n7005amss.
Has anyone had good results using Jellybean 4.1.2 roms with the Good Blaze ICS newamss modems? I don't like 4.2.2 roms.

savagepagan

Jan 26, 2012
RTP, NC
You are right... here are my 2 cents worth...

The delacrow posts from 11-20 to 11-22 in various forums are great, and the files are still available there!)
See, for example:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34456948
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34515623

http://db.tt/9z1D7TGb - blaze - Good Blaze ICS newamss.zip (11-20-2012)
http://db.tt/q0Bvtc1i - uvlg3 - UVLG3modemfori717_gt-n7005amss (11-16-2012)

My experiences:
June-Nov 2012 = ics blaze modems reliable speed/access for ics and jb roms in Washington state
Dec 2012-Jan 2013 = NT-7005 uvlg3 better for me on jb AOSPxXx (currently AOSP/CM10 jb 4.1.2)

1. If OP got updated for JB - I'd recommend adding the h0tw1r3/delacrow zips

2. If OP got updated, I'd recommend a POLL for the most useful T-Mobile flashable modem zip for the i717

(for an example of a old poll that was useful for new users, see top of http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=562773)

To delacrow & others: On JB, which of the two delacrow zips above work best for speed/reliability 4 U? For me, it is the n7005 so that is where my id would appear on the poll results (for now)

Does the *#2663# trick work for you? I am using a AOSP/CM10 jb 4.1.2 rom(AOSPxXx JB UnOfficial AOSP/CM10 Mashup) and the *#2663# does not work for me. I have to use *#*#4636#*#*

sashusmom

May 10, 2008
North Jersey
looking for T989DTLMC4 modem .zip

Hi guys! Does anyone have a link or can post or pm me this flashable zip file for this modem? T989DTLMC4 It's a galaxy s2 modem but apparently it works for the i717 note with the new JB roms. Have been looking all over the net but no luck in finding it. Thanks in advance. Would like to try it.

nevermind! found it https://hotfile.com/dl/204125050/d1f...radio.zip.html

Last edited:

Mervingio

Mar 28, 2011
Elysium
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi guys! Does anyone have a link or can post or pm me this flashable zip file for this modem? T989DTLMC4 It's a galaxy s2 modem but apparently it works for the i717 note with the new JB roms. Have been looking all over the net but no luck in finding it. Thanks in advance. Would like to try it.

nevermind! found it https://hotfile.com/dl/204125050/d1f...radio.zip.html

Install the Telus JB ROM anyway this is telus modem too good combo believe me ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

sashusmom

May 10, 2008
North Jersey
Install the Telus JB ROM anyway this is telus modem too good combo believe me ;)

Thank you. I had the telus rom for a bit, but am trying this modem on padawanJB2. Fingers crossed. I would like to know any background on how this SG2 modem works on our i717 note. Would you happen to know? I am running a tmobile sim and I hear it works great for tmo.

So after alot of testing, I found that the above modem does not work well with my phone on any rom. Not the telus JB or the att JB. It just messes up receiving calls and freezes the phone. It pulls in data signals but does not work for calls.

I did find out that the Blaze modem works with the JB roms very well, but you will have blank signal bars. Calls work well, and data is redlining down with 1mbps up. So that's what I stuck with.

Last edited:

boyboy1222222222222222

Mar 26, 2013
Thank you. I had the telus rom for a bit, but am trying this modem on padawanJB2. Fingers crossed. I would like to know any background on how this SG2 modem works on our i717 note. Would you happen to know? I am running a tmobile sim and I hear it works great for tmo.

So after alot of testing, I found that the above modem does not work well with my phone on any rom. Not the telus JB or the att JB. It just messes up receiving calls and freezes the phone. It pulls in data signals but does not work for calls.

I did find out that the Blaze modem works with the JB roms very well, but you will have blank signal bars. Calls work well, and data is redlining down with 1mbps up. So that's what I stuck with.

hey man,which modem did you use? is it ics?

sashusmom

May 10, 2008
North Jersey
hey man,which modem did you use? is it ics?

I think Blaze is only ICS. I have 2 copies of the file. One says ileet blaze and the other is ics blaze. Think they are the same. When you check your baseband after install it says unknown. I am using Blaze on the padawanJB2. There will be blank signal bars- showing no connection, but the connection is there for calls and data. Works just as well as on GB or ICS roms.

boyboy1222222222222222

Mar 26, 2013
I think Blaze is only ICS. I have 2 copies of the file. One says ileet blaze and the other is ics blaze. Think they are the same. When you check your baseband after install it says unknown. I am using Blaze on the padawanJB2. There will be blank signal bars- showing no connection, but the connection is there for calls and data. Works just as well as on GB or ICS roms.

would you be able to post a link? il try it out also

Mervingio

Mar 28, 2011
Elysium
OnePlus 7 Pro

Did you change your APN to fast.T-Mobile.com then reboot.... but only try on Telus ROM you need the att modem on whatever version of the JB ROM from att no matter what you do no other modem will work :cool:

Last edited:

sashusmom

May 10, 2008
North Jersey
Did you change your APN to fast.T-Mobile.com then reboot....

I did reboot, but did not change the apn. Didn't realize that was a lte modem. If I get into the flash mood I will try it again. All it seemed to do was lock up the phone when calls came in on the padJB2, and then the telusJB. Data was just fine though.

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

would you be able to post a link? il try it out also

I don't have it saved. I would have to search for it. Just google it and the xda site will pop up with the link.

found it http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26731687

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GingerBread, 2.3 Radios:

Leaked T-Mobile SII based Radio:
    Leaked ICS T-Mobile SII based Modem
    iLeetRoms Mirror

Blaze based Radios, stock note base:

Blaze based radio

Blaze based Radio, KID (989) Base:

KID based Blaze

Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 Radios

TMOUS T989 UVLE1 ICS based Radio:
    TMO 989 ICS RADIO

TelUS T989D ICS based Radio:
    TelUS 989 ICS Radio

Leaked T-Mobile SII based Radio:
    Leaked ICS T-Mobile SII based Modem

Blaze based Radios, stock note base:

Blaze Based Radio (redone May 28)
    MIRROR

Pre-Requirements to Installation:

Know what Radios, modems are,DO NOT flash out of the blue. And please have a backup on hand, incase anything goes wrong.

How to Install:

Step 1: Just follow step 2
    Step 2: Flash through CWM

Note:(no pun intended) :

I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone, if it turns into a F-22 and bombs Russia it is entirely your fault. I am blind devving at this point, for I had to sell my note to make up the cash for college tuition.

I do respond to PMs so ask away, and am open to any suggestions.
    If you have any leaks on any Samsung device files let me know.
    And lastly, any donations are appreciated, thank you.
    So happy i could be part of this!
    First blaze root, and first blaze radios for 989 and 717.
    Gimme some thanks!!!

Results for me:
    KID worked best for me thus far, but still was unable to hold 4g at home, best results were 2mbps down and .2 up.
    The telus flash I get solid 6.2mbps, which is better than I've gotten with any radio anywhere.
    The 989 flash gets me solid 4g, but only about 3mbps.

Also, lets keep questions about the blaze root to a minimum.
    It was hard. We got root, the phone works, but recovery is a mess.
    That's all you need to know until the mods make a blaze forum.
    there actually seems to be a change in radio chip from what I'm piecing together. Seems significant enough to render the radios incompatible. Still working on it. have 5 test builds and my tester is up to #4. Lets see how it goes.
    was thinking about making a rom based on the tmo rom personally, anyone interested?
    Lastly sorry guys but I do have other things outside of xda, so I am not always able to produce things on the day of release. So please do not lose hope in just 1 day.