Stuck on splash screen and cant get into recovery, any suggestions?

Search This thread

Halcyon7

Nov 3, 2012
So I flashed [4.4.2] Sense 5.5 | KitKat | 4.19.401.8 rom and now my phone is stuck on the HTC screen and I cant get into recovery or bootloader by holding the power down button, any suggestions? I cant restart the phone by holding the button down.

Last edited:

rapidswing

Apr 27, 2010
I'm having the same issue after flashing that ROM. I can boot to the bootloader but when I try to get into recovery, TWRP will flash on the screen for a second and then reboot to the white DNA loading screen. It never gets past that.

I've flashed a couple of different recoveries and that didn't change anything. I also flashed the 1.54.0000 hboot and that didn't make a difference either.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

I managed to get my phone back to a working state. I followed the directions in:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48498759&postcount=1

So at least I'm back to a functioning stock ROM and I can go from there.

Halcyon7

Nov 3, 2012
I'm having the same issue after flashing that ROM. I can boot to the bootloader but when I try to get into recovery, TWRP will flash on the screen for a second and then reboot to the white DNA loading screen. It never gets past that.

I've flashed a couple of different recoveries and that didn't change anything. I also flashed the 1.54.0000 hboot and that didn't make a difference either.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

I managed to get my phone back to a working state. I followed the directions in:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48498759&postcount=1

So at least I'm back to a functioning stock ROM and I can go from there.

How did you get it to boot? My phone is stuck on the HTC screen and I cant reboot it at all.

rapidswing

Apr 27, 2010
Sorry, I missed the part where you couldn't get into the bootloader. The bootloader was still working for me, so I was able to use fastboot.

Halcyon7

Nov 3, 2012
So holding down the power button until the device shuts off then holding down power+vol down won't let you into the bootloader?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

After holding the power button down for nearly 10 minutes it rebooted into bootloader but I cant get into recovery, It flashes the screen and yet I cant do anything. I flashed twrp and clockword betas but it just flashes and reboots

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
Get into the bootloader connect to fastboot and open a command prompt and type fastboot erase cache and then see if you can boot into recovery. That usually helps or that's what I did when I was faced with a similar issue.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Halcyon7

Nov 3, 2012
Get into the bootloader connect to fastboot and open a command prompt and type fastboot erase cache and then see if you can boot into recovery. That usually helps or that's what I did when I was faced with a similar issue.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
It worked :) Thank you for your help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So holding down the power button until the device shuts off then holding down power+vol down won't let you into the bootloader?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app