[Q] Installing JB or Kitkat on i8160P XXLK3 with GB

Search This thread

mjvanderveen

Jun 8, 2014
Hi all,

I have been strugling for months to get JB or KitKat running on my i8160p XXLK3. The stock rom is on GB 2.3.6 and it is repeatedly soft bricked for some reason.

I have tried:
- Flash Clockworkmod 6
- TeamCanjica 4.4.2 i8160p rom (radio is disabled and cannot be enabled)
- McClaw 4.4.3 roms (imei is lost, so no phone signal)
- DBT-I8160pxxmg2 german stock rom for 4.1.2 (which doesn't even flash: install aborted)

I have always been forced to flash back to clockworkmod 5 with Odin to be able to recover my GB rom.

I have seen other users with the i8160p (and even XXLK3) to be running kitkat or JB. I haven't been able to find a proper way to achieve that though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tofueatsbread

Mar 7, 2013
Hi all,

I have been strugling for months to get JB or KitKat running on my i8160p XXLK3. The stock rom is on GB 2.3.6 and it is repeatedly soft bricked for some reason.

I have tried:
- Flash Clockworkmod 6
- DBT-I8160pxxmg2 german stock rom for 4.1.2 (which doesn't even flash: install aborted)

I have always been forced to flash back to clockworkmod 5 with Odin to be able to recover my GB rom.

I have seen other users with the i8160p (and even XXLK3) to be running kitkat or JB. I haven't been able to find a proper way to achieve that though.

-on gb? :p
-spiritfm?
-obviously
-what error exactly?

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk

mjvanderveen

Jun 8, 2014
-on gb? :p
-spiritfm?
-obviously
-what error exactly?

I am not sure what you are hinting at, but I don't have any issues with the FM radio... I have issues with the GSM network to connect:
- With 4.4.2 TeamCanjica i8160p ROM the network settings are extremely slow. Sometimes networks appear, but soon disconnect. No stable connection (due to radio or modem?). I guess I am still using the gingerbread modem which doesn't come with the 4.4.2 custom rom?

There is no official release for jellybean for my phone (XXLK3), so I don't know which one to flash to get this working.

tofueatsbread

Mar 7, 2013
I dont know much about regions and sim locks and stuff so hopefully a knowledgeable P variant user help you. Sorry

nusko_x

Jan 23, 2012
Hi all,

I have tried:
- Flash Clockworkmod 6

Have you tried to update with Samsung Kies to JB first, and after that to flash kitkat? Ore with Odin to flash JB?

mjvanderveen

Jun 8, 2014
Have you tried to update with Samsung Kies to JB first, and after that to flash kitkat? Ore with Odin to flash JB?

Thanks for your quick reply. For some reason the phone does not connect with USB in windows 8.1. Updating via Kies is therefore not an option. Also, I believe the latest official release for this model is still 2.3.6 (unlike the same phone in other countries).

I would like to flash JB through odin, but I have yet to find a rom that supports i8160p (XXLK3). Also I am a bit unsure if I need to backup anything expect for the standard CWM recovery backup, I have read that users forgot to backup essential settings that Samsung stores on the phone and which are needed to revert back to GB if needed.

If you have suggestions for a rom to flash, or a procedure to follow. Very welcome!

nusko_x

Jan 23, 2012
Thanks for your quick reply. For some reason the phone does not connect with USB in windows 8.1. Updating via Kies is therefore not an option. Also, I believe the latest official release for this model is still 2.3.6 (unlike the same phone in other countries).

I would like to flash JB through odin, but I have yet to find a rom that supports i8160p (XXLK3). Also I am a bit unsure if I need to backup anything expect for the standard CWM recovery backup, I have read that users forgot to backup essential settings that Samsung stores on the phone and which are needed to revert back to GB if needed.

If you have suggestions for a rom to flash, or a procedure to follow. Very welcome!

Try some from here, there is few for P : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2340849

Ore simply install Kies on another PC with WIN7 and try.