8.4s Hardware buttons , Different function from my Galaxay Note 3 , Can it be changed

Search This thread

justwondering

Nov 18, 2010
Hi ,i have a note 3 and a 8.4 S , both excellent devices , very happy with them.......but the left hardware button on my Note 3 , generally pulls up options for the app , for example i use googles Finance app , the only way i know to open up the options for it , is to press the left hardware button , but on the 8.4 S that just pops up options to move between apps and to close down apps....

Another app i use is Boat Browser , i like to run it in full screen mode , on the note 3 , pressing the left hardware key , pops up the tabs and the address bar.....but once again on the 8.4 it just pops up the options to move between apps / task manager......, i have set up a gesture on boat browser to go full screen and out of full screen......but this does not help on some of the other apps i use....

Anyway to change the function of the hardware keys....or am i missing a option or something....

Last edited:

pegasus21

Feb 23, 2009
Hi ,i have a note 3 and a 8.4 S , both excellent devices , very happy with them.......but the left hardware button on my Note 3 , generally pulls up options for the app , for example i use googles Finance app , the only way i know to open up the options for it , is to press the left hardware button , but on the 8.4 S that just pops up options to move between apps and to close down apps....

Another app i use is Boat Browser , i like to run it in full screen mode , on the note 3 , pressing the left hardware key , pops up the tabs and the address bar.....but once again on the 8.4 it just pops up the options to move between apps / task manager......, i have set up a gesture on boat browser to go full screen and out of full screen......but this does not help on some of the other apps i use....

Anyway to change the function of the hardware keys....or am i missing a option or something....

This was posted in another sub forum. You either root and mod the file stated in the link or see the 3rd post about holding down on the left button till the menu appears on the latest firmware.

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s/development/guide-how-to-replace-recents-menu-t2816126

justwondering

Nov 18, 2010
This was posted in another sub forum. You either root and mod the file stated in the link or see the 3rd post about holding down on the left button till the menu appears on the latest firmware.

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s/development/guide-how-to-replace-recents-menu-t2816126

Brilliant thank you , a long press does the trick....

on the note 3 , a long press on the home button , brings up the programs/task manager and the left key brings up options in apps etc....

its a bit different as you will know on the 8.4 s....but thank you that works a treat :)

Brilliant :)