[Q] Glitched AOKP and GB bootloaders

Search This thread

jawman27

Jan 14, 2012
I wanted to hear everyone's take on this. With all of the recent changes in AOKP and the incorporation of the Glitch kernel, is it still important to be on the GB bootloaders to use all of the Glitch features? I remember reading a little over a month ago about the various bugs, SODs, etc. that were being blamed on the absence of GB bootloaders. I know droidstyle runs fine without them, but do they do anything other than give the Glitch splash screen?

Last edited:

sarkozy

Feb 8, 2011
The official AOKP builds still have the stock Cyanogenmod kernel, so there's no point in using the Gingerbread bootloader unless you want to. Of course it'd be a good idea to flash it if you're using the Glitch kernel, but it's not a big deal to flash via Odin.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
I flashed the gb bootloaders after odining back to stock a couple weeks back....i dont notice anything different other than the glitch splash screen instead of samsung logo.

pdxcire

I wanted to hear everyone's take on this. With all of the recent changes in AOKP and the incorporation of the Glitch kernel, is it still important to be on the GB bootloaders to use all of the Glitch features? I remember reading a little over a month ago about the various bugs, SODs, etc. that were being blamed on the absence of GB bootloaders. I know droidstyle runs fine without them, but do they do anything other than give the Glitch splash screen?

I didn't notice any difference either but figured with all the experts recommending GB bootloader, what harm? Nothing negative to report. Just the Glitch animation on boot...

bobloblaw1

May 25, 2010
Since it's what the kernel is tested on afaik it also eliminates one thing to troubleshoot.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

shelby04861

Aug 28, 2011
I always flash it because that is what they call for. That way if I have any problems, I know that I followed the instructions first. Sometimes I wonder if some of the issues people are complaining about are related to this. Probably not, but when most of the people detail their problems and how they did there Odin install, I don't think I recall any of them flashing the gingerbread bootloaders in their install.
I must also note that i have not had any problems ever with aokp.
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk