[Q] Set me straight...

Search This thread

RS89

Jan 4, 2014
Hello everybody,

Yesterday I decided to root my Xperia S. I jumped into the world of rooting! But...I never expected it be this confusing!
I need someone to help me get to the next step...I just want to install a custom rom, but I'm getting confused over everything...

I rooted my device using Flashtool, 2 (Sony?) kernels and DooMLords Easy Rooting Toolkit... SU appeared on my device...so that is good...right?
Then I decided to unlock the bootloader also using Flashtool...that also was a succes!!

Now....I'm trying to get Rom Manager to work. But before that will work...I need a recovery prog. Everything I found about recovery mode pointed me to CWM...but now its not clear to me if I can get it to work on the Xperia S...Is there a manual way to install it? I tried RecoverX...but I keep getting a black screen when I try to enter Recovery mode...And I read in another post I need a custom kernel...but I can't do that 'till I have a recovery right?

What do I do next???

Thanks!!!

parthv21

Dec 1, 2013
Yup... Google it.. And I think u should install twrp recovery... Its more latest and better than cwm... U will get many tutorials of how to install a custom recovery... Just search twrp for Xperia s and m sure u can do the rest... ;)
Hit Thx if I helped!!

Sent from my Xperia ion using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: RS89

De@n

Oct 7, 2010
Hello everybody,

Yesterday I decided to root my Xperia S. I jumped into the world of rooting! But...I never expected it be this confusing!
I need someone to help me get to the next step...I just want to install a custom rom, but I'm getting confused over everything...

I rooted my device using Flashtool, 2 (Sony?) kernels and DooMLords Easy Rooting Toolkit... SU appeared on my device...so that is good...right?
Then I decided to unlock the bootloader also using Flashtool...that also was a succes!!

Now....I'm trying to get Rom Manager to work. But before that will work...I need a recovery prog. Everything I found about recovery mode pointed me to CWM...but now its not clear to me if I can get it to work on the Xperia S...Is there a manual way to install it? I tried RecoverX...but I keep getting a black screen when I try to enter Recovery mode...And I read in another post I need a custom kernel...but I can't do that 'till I have a recovery right?

What do I do next???

Thanks!!!
Download and open GooManager. Hit Menu button and select “Install OpenRecoveryScript”.

Reactions: RS89

RS89

Jan 4, 2014
Hmmm...I just tried this...I get to the downloadpage...but it then disappears, I see no download in the dropdown menu of some kind...and I waited like 15 min, no message like recovery installed... AHHHHH :'( hahaha...

Any suggestions? Is it not a problem that I have CWM hanging somewhere on my phone?

EDIT: With ES Explorer I found de img file on my device...but now I don't have a clue how to execute it...tips on this?

Last edited:

De@n

Oct 7, 2010
Hmmm...I just tried this...I get to the downloadpage...but it then disappears, I see no download in the dropdown menu of some kind...and I waited like 15 min, no message like recovery installed... AHHHHH :'( hahaha...

Any suggestions? Is it not a problem that I have CWM hanging somewhere on my phone?

EDIT: With ES Explorer I found de img file on my device...but now I don't have a clue how to execute it...tips on this?

Download latest recovery from http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/nozomi

Copy .img to /sdcard/
and run the following command using terminal emulator
Code:
su
dd if=/sdcard/openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-nozomi.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11

Sent from my Xperia S using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yup... Google it.. And I think u should install twrp recovery... Its more latest and better than cwm... U will get many tutorials of how to install a custom recovery... Just search twrp for Xperia s and m sure u can do the rest... ;)
    Hit Thx if I helped!!

Sent from my Xperia ion using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Hello everybody,

What do I do next???

Thanks!!!
    Download and open GooManager. Hit Menu button and select “Install OpenRecoveryScript”.