Recovery Bootloop Help!!

Search This thread

Nigglenuts

Apr 16, 2013
Denver
Flashed Philz touch CWM. Flashed BAM ROM. IT ran fine for a day and a half. Flashed the custom kernel, and immediately started getting recovery bootloops. Instead of the boot message saying "Secure Booting Error Cause:Device Unlock, So boot Success." It said, " Secure Booting Error Cause:Certification Verify" then I rebooted, and it just went to recovery. I reflashed everything minus the custom kernel, and it gave me the regular message, but it won't actually boot. Someone PLEASE help!!!

Nigglenuts

Apr 16, 2013
Denver
Might have to go back to stock.. I guess I was pointing everyone to the wrong recovery when I said look in Madmack's CM thread for his TWRP.

Use this one: https://db.tt/bQeSgkEJ
It says E986 but works perfectly.

Sent from my SlimKat LG-E980

Do I have to use the FlashTools? Cuz this won't end. I've wiped everything multiple times, reflashed multiple times, I even factory reset it through hardware keys. Does anyone have an idea before i return to complete stock? It's greatly appreciated

Nigglenuts

Apr 16, 2013
Denver
So do I need the LG drivers? Because I can't find them anywhere... I'm unsure how to install aroma file manager.

Nigglenuts

Apr 16, 2013
Denver
i cant even get my computer to see my sdcard. I got the drivers installed, have the aromafm.zip on my desktop. when i go into device manager, it doesnt show my phones storage. i am so confused... i need expert help

Neroga

Feb 7, 2012
Saint Cloud, Florida
Does PhilzTouch have adb? If so, you could just push that to your device through your PC.

adb push filename /sdcard/filename

Nigglenuts

Apr 16, 2013
Denver
Does PhilzTouch have adb? If so, you could just push that to your device through your PC.

adb push filename /sdcard/filename

I cant find it. But now my cpu wont recognize my phone. it says that the drivers weren't installed even though ive installed them multiple times. Ill put the phone in download mode, itll see the phone, then i boot back to recovery, and it no longer recognizes

mysteryinc

Dec 11, 2011
Solutions...

So do I need the LG drivers? Because I can't find them anywhere... I'm unsure how to install aroma file manager.
Here are the solutions:
1. Download the aroma file manager here
2. Rename the file to aromafm.zip
3. Put the aromafm.zip in "clockworkmod/aromafm/" in any of the storage volumes
4. In Philz touch recovery, tap the Aroma File Manager (it will open the aroma file manager automatically if you put it into the correct folder as stated above)
5. Open the terminal in the aroma file manager
6. Type this:
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc bs=1 count=1088
7. Reboot system

DONE!

Reactions: Nigglenuts

Nigglenuts

Apr 16, 2013
Denver
Here are the solutions:
4. In Philz touch recovery, tap the Aroma File Manager (it will open the aroma file manager automatically if you put it into the correct folder as stated above)
6. Type this:
Code:
7. Reboot system

DONE!

How do I get my computer to see my phones storage? I got the drivers installed, it claims that they installed properly, but once I take it out of download mode, the device goes to unspecified in the "Devices & Printers." I know how to mount storage in recovery, but when i get to recovery, the computer no longer recognizes it....

mysteryinc

Dec 11, 2011
How do I get my computer to see my phones storage? I got the drivers installed, it claims that they installed properly, but once I take it out of download mode, the device goes to unspecified in the "Devices & Printers." I know how to mount storage in recovery, but when i get to recovery, the computer no longer recognizes it....
no need for the computer to see the phone storage. you can put the aroma file manager either in your sdcard or usb storage, both should be readable when you use CWM to open aroma.

Nigglenuts

Apr 16, 2013
Denver
Here are the solutions:
6. Type this:
Code:
7. Reboot system

DONE!

But how do i get my computer to actually recognize my phone? And get it to see my phones storage?

mysteryinc

Dec 11, 2011
But how do i get my computer to actually recognize my phone? And get it to see my phones storage?
why should your computer need to recognize your phone?
you can take out your microsd card & insert it into the memory card reader & transfer the aroma file thru the reader by using your PC or put the aroma file manager thru your usb / pendrive & then use usb otg & CWM will automatically mount the usb storage.

Nigglenuts

Apr 16, 2013
Denver
why should your computer need to recognize your phone?
you can take out your microsd card & insert it into the memory card reader & transfer the aroma file thru the reader by using your PC or put the aroma file manager thru your usb / pendrive & then use usb otg & CWM will automatically mount the usb storage.

If a microSD was present, I would've done that, unfortunately, one is not. So how do i put the aromafm.zip through the USB? i was up til like 3:00 AM last night trying to set up ADB. But nothing seems to work. Thanx for the help man.

mysteryinc

Dec 11, 2011
If a microSD was present, I would've done that, unfortunately, one is not. So how do i put the aromafm.zip through the USB? i was up til like 3:00 AM last night trying to set up ADB. But nothing seems to work. Thanx for the help man.
just plug in your usb to your pc & then transfer the file into it. after that plug in USB OTG cable (if you have one) to your phone & connect the pendrive, make sure you are in recovery mode.

Reactions: Nigglenuts

Nigglenuts

Apr 16, 2013
Denver
Thank you guys so much for all your help. I got the beast fixed... I ended up using the ADB 15 Second Tool and it worked!

Sent from my ( Working Again) Optimus G Pro using xda app-developers app

t3chwizard

Jul 20, 2013
Asus Transformer TF300T
LG Optimus G Pro
Flashed Philz touch CWM. Flashed BAM ROM. IT ran fine for a day and a half. Flashed the custom kernel, and immediately started getting recovery bootloops. Instead of the boot message saying "Secure Booting Error Cause:Device Unlock, So boot Success." It said, " Secure Booting Error Cause:Certification Verify" then I rebooted, and it just went to recovery. I reflashed everything minus the custom kernel, and it gave me the regular message, but it won't actually boot. Someone PLEASE help!!!
I posted a solution that requires the use of a microsd card....but you could've just gone and bought a cheap card reader to be able to use this method......but anyway this guide won't work if you don't have a microsd card.....I made this a while back to help someone else
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2619403

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do I have to use the FlashTools? Cuz this won't end. I've wiped everything multiple times, reflashed multiple times, I even factory reset it through hardware keys. Does anyone have an idea before i return to complete stock? It's greatly appreciated
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50242586&postcount=83
    Solutions...

Here are the solutions:
    6. Type this:
    Code:
    7. Reboot system

DONE!
    just plug in your usb to your pc & then transfer the file into it. after that plug in USB OTG cable (if you have one) to your phone & connect the pendrive, make sure you are in recovery mode.