Foldermount doesnt work on 4.4.2 i9500. Please recommend any alternative.

Search This thread

diper07

Feb 26, 2014
Hello,

Yesterday, I flashed 4.4.2 stock rom on my S4 i9500 through Odin. I was also successful in rooting it. then after installing titanium backup I uninstalled all the knox applications. now there were no knox warnings poping up all rooted apps were working good. Then I installed most essential root app in my phone called "foldermount". You know being a s4 owner how easy it makes your life when you can transfer all big games to the sd card and no internal memory full issue.

Now the bad part of story starts.When I opened the Foldermount it showed me an error message that To fix the error click okay and reboot the device. After rebooting all apps of phone like gallery, camera, Shealth, filemanager,music etc. Either stopped working or started showing the message that you dont have any internal memory or external sdcard on your device. In settings>storage, there it also said that 0 mb internal memory 0mb external memory. I also tried connecting my s4 to pc with usb storage option. It showed there too that internal/sdcard has total 0 memory.

So basically foldermount had screwed my phones memory. I think it had messed up the partition table of my phone. After that I reflashed my 4.4.2 and tried installing latest version of fouldermount and the whole thing happened again.

Now I have again reflashed the 4.4.2 rom. I think in 4.4.2 samsung has changed some stuff and foldermount is no longer compatible. Now I have also come to know that You cant downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3. :/

Please someone tell me alternative to Foldermount which is working on 4.4.2.
I would also like to know why foldermount no longer works on 4.4.2? is it only samsung's 4.4.2 rom or it also doesnt work on other 4.4.2 based roms.

Thanks!

Mandark52

Aug 12, 2012
Hello,

Yesterday, I flashed 4.4.2 stock rom on my S4 i9500 through Odin. I was also successful in rooting it. then after installing titanium backup I uninstalled all the knox applications. now there were no knox warnings poping up all rooted apps were working good. Then I installed most essential root app in my phone called "foldermount". You know being a s4 owner how easy it makes your life when you can transfer all big games to the sd card and no internal memory full issue.

Now the bad part of story starts.When I opened the Foldermount it showed me an error message that To fix the error click okay and reboot the device. After rebooting all apps of phone like gallery, camera, Shealth, filemanager,music etc. Either stopped working or started showing the message that you dont have any internal memory or external sdcard on your device. In settings>storage, there it also said that 0 mb internal memory 0mb external memory. I also tried connecting my s4 to pc with usb storage option. It showed there too that internal/sdcard has total 0 memory.

So basically foldermount had screwed my phones memory. I think it had messed up the partition table of my phone. After that I reflashed my 4.4.2 and tried installing latest version of fouldermount and the whole thing happened again.

Now I have again reflashed the 4.4.2 rom. I think in 4.4.2 samsung has changed some stuff and foldermount is no longer compatible. Now I have also come to know that You cant downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3. :/

I would also like to know why foldermount no longer works on 4.4.2? is it only samsung's 4.4.2 rom or it also doesnt work on other 4.4.2 based roms.

Thanks!

4.4.2 has sd card write problem. There is a fix for this problem on the forum n then use Foldermount or may be foldermount isnt compatible with 4.4.2. They ll release a compatibility update for it. I havent rooted yet n 8.41 gb is enough as internal!

jaswinky

Jun 24, 2009
Hello,

Thanks!

There is a easy fix for kk4.4 sd write protection issue by adding a simple line into a system file. Just search for it in the forum.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk 2

diper07

Feb 26, 2014
Thank you guys for replying.

I just checked the changelog of Foldermount and found this

v2.6.4
-Updated Portuguese (new translator: extream87), Polish, Latvian, German and Finnish locales. Thank you volunteers!
-All patching menus are scrollable. This should help some users that are not able to see the bottom buttons correctly in these dialogs.
-Fix a rare case where some S4/Note 3 users that update from 4.3 to 4.4 and patch the system using FolderMount leads to the disappearance of the internal/external sdcards.

I think now foldermount will work fine on S4/Note 3. If it still doesnt work then I will try fixing "write_external_storage" thing.

Jon39

Mar 13, 2014
damn...

After using the forums for a long time without registering, just did to point out I had the same problems. Read a lot before flashing 4.2.2, all went well until installing Foldermount... wish I read this one before installing it. SD Card looks empty on phone, but fine on computer, Play Store, S Health, Story Album kept crashing. Ended up doing a factory reset I didn't need, and flashing it all over again. :(