Watning: Ultra power Savior mode = No alarm

Search This thread

SlimJ87D

Jan 16, 2008
Good morning guys,

I just found out the hard way that with ultra power Savior mode, your alarms do not go off. XD

Was a tiny bit late to work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium HD app

PuffinNugz

Aug 3, 2010
Indy
Just curious, were you not at home? If you were home, why would you not just put it on the charger? I've always thought this was odd, especially when people complain about a phone not lasting 3 days. They have access to a charger, but they don't use it. I put my phone on the charger every night when i go to bed so it's always fully charged in the morning.

Again, just curious as it's your phone so i really don't care what you do. lol

rbedell

Jul 22, 2012
Just curious, were you not at home? If you were home, why would you not just put it on the charger? I've always thought this was odd, especially when people complain about a phone not lasting 3 days. They have access to a charger, but they don't use it. I put my phone on the charger every night when i go to bed so it's always fully charged in the morning.

Less charge cycles on the battery? Data disables? Maybe he was charging his phone and/or he just leaves the option on unless he needs the other features of a smartphone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

pvc_

Oct 6, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I noticed this the other day. Just to be safe I added the Clock app to the list of allowed apps, and it still didn't buzz.

Many years ago when I bought my first "smart" phone, I turned my old Sony Erickson phone off and put it on the shelf. The next morning it turned itself back on to ring the alarm, so I wouldn't miss my appointment. That sweet thing was way ahead of its time :(, and it wasn't even supposed to be "smart."

Last edited:
Reactions: cerobles1

cerobles1

Sep 10, 2011
Riverview
I can confirm the alarm does go off and sounds off while your phone is in UPSM. every night I go to sleep wether it's charging or not I turn on UPSM and every day my alarm wakes me up, and when I wake up before it it'll still go off. So may e it's the way u set up ur alarm that caused the problem. Hell, I can even use the facebook app while in UPSM. Good luck man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SlimJ87D

Jan 16, 2008

If you want to know why, it's not good practice to leave your phone in the charger for many reasons. Some maybe superstitious to others and not to many.

I just wanted to put it in the mode to try it overnight since it only drains a single percent like in 8 hours.

Lastly, I'm not the type of person that complains about battery anyways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need to hit the + sign and add clock.
    Did the same thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
    I noticed this the other day. Just to be safe I added the Clock app to the list of allowed apps, and it still didn't buzz.

Many years ago when I bought my first "smart" phone, I turned my old Sony Erickson phone off and put it on the shelf. The next morning it turned itself back on to ring the alarm, so I wouldn't miss my appointment. That sweet thing was way ahead of its time :(, and it wasn't even supposed to be "smart."