Stock Kernel and Recovery for HTC M8 1.54.401.10

Search This thread

robgo

Jun 3, 2014
I'm trying to get my HTC M8 back to stock so I can get the new 4.4.3 update, however, I am unable to find the stock kernel for my device.

It is software version 1.54.401.10.

I flashed to the elementalx kernel and put on a TWRP recovery.

I am able to download the update but when it installs, it just goes into recovery.

I made a backup of the original kernel a few months ago however it doesn't seem to be on my phone anymore.

When I look for stock kernels they all seem to be different versions than my device.

Can someone give me a bit of advice?

There are numerous guides for other versions but none mentions my software version.

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Any kernel doesn't matter.
Your problem is you don't flash stock recovery.
TWRP or any custom recovery don't work for OTA.

robgo

Jun 3, 2014
I put the stock recovery on and tried to update however I get a red triangle with an exclamation mark now...

why's it not taking properly?

robgo

Jun 3, 2014
I'm new to this obviously. I've figured out that's just how the stock recovery is. Now I'm trying to figure out why the ota doesn't work with the stock recovery.

I get this error when I try to install the update.

/system/lib/modules/adsprpc.ko has unexpected contents. Installation aborted.

5m4r7ph0n36uru

Apr 23, 2014
MD5: 91497e1b11f2262d0d8ff0aa7a164f3b
I'm new to this obviously. I've figured out that's just how the stock recovery is. Now I'm trying to figure out why the ota doesn't work with the stock recovery.

This means that something of the system has been changed by you, so the ckecksum of the OTA doesn't match the configuration of your system and thus abort the installation process.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

ckpv5

Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur

This means your ROM is modified, not pure stock.

I suggest you make a backup with your current ROM and restore the pure stock backup that I posted here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=54564526#post54564526

1. flash back the TWRP recovery
2. make backup of your current one
3. restore pure stock backup that I linked above
4. flash stock recovery
5. reboot then do the OTA

5m4r7ph0n36uru

Apr 23, 2014
MD5: 91497e1b11f2262d0d8ff0aa7a164f3b

@robgo please close this thread http://xdaforums.com/htc-one-m8/help/ota-update-4-4-3-t2856172. To open up two threads to aks the same question doesn't help to get to a solution any faster ....

Regarding the error. It means what @ckpv5 and I already told you.

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
Any kernel doesn't matter.
Your problem is you don't flash stock recovery.
TWRP or any custom recovery don't work for OTA.

Oh ok, I didn't know the kernel apparently doesn't matter when doing OTA's and here I am telling him to go back to stock kernel because it's a kernel related error he has... :eek:

Best I keep out of this one then, I never even flashed another kernel.

ckpv5

Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Oh ok, I didn't know the kernel apparently doesn't matter when doing OTA's and here I am telling him to go back to stock kernel because it's a kernel related error he has... :eek:

Right ... it's kernel related error but to be precised, it's the kernel module error.
Flashing a stock kernel without flashing stock module, the same error will occur.

Reactions: BerndM14

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Right ... it's kernel related error but to be precised, it's the kernel module error.
    Flashing a stock kernel without flashing stock module, the same error will occur.