Root (of all evil). Help with Root Problem Please.

Search This thread

shadow300z

Jul 16, 2010
I used to have superuser/root running fine on my Vibrant. Busybox, titanium backup, everything worked.

I went to install RyanZA's lag fix (specifically the update.zip pack with a new superuser app, different busybox, etc someone else made) and started having troubles. The superuser requests were not working.

Now, I tried to go back to the original update.zip on this thread. I have the original Ninja superuser icon, etc. Now, when programs request SU, I can click allow or deny, the program hangs, and then I get:

"Sorry!
The appication Superuser Permissions (process com.noshufou.android.su) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

And my root access is denied.

I've restarted, used different superuser update.zips, all about 10 times each in different combinations. I can't get past this error.:confused:

Question: How can I erase all the root crap I have on my phone and start over fresh? I can't even terminal "SU" to enable superuser.

scpieps

Aug 9, 2010
Richmond, Virginia
Have you tried using Clockwork ROM Manager and restoring to a pre-lag fix state? This same problem happened to me when I tried to install the lagfix from an update.zip file that I tried to access by rebooting the phone while holding down the volume and power keys.

The only way I got the lagfix to install properly was to use Clockwork to restore using nandroid, then used the one-click method (connected to the pc, in debugging mode, etc.). Now everything is working perfectly.

BTW, I have read some folks posting that they can't tell the difference between stock and lagfixed... My experience is exactly the opposite. The Vibrant is *much* faster when lagfixed.

Last edited:

shadow300z

Jul 16, 2010
Have you tried using Clockwork ROM Manager and restoring to a pre-lag fix state? This same problem happened to me when I tried to install the lagfix from an .apk.

The only way I got the lagfix to install properly was to use Clockwork to restore using nandroid, then used the one-click method (connected to the pc, in debugging mode, etc.). Now everything is working perfectly.

Clockwork was unable to work because superuser kept crashing. I couldn't do ANYTHING root related.

I did solve the problem though, so for anyone else that has the same issue with SU FCing:
Goto: Menu - Settings - Applications - Manage Applications - Menu button - Filter, Choose to show "all" - Find & choose Superuser Permissions in the list - CLEAR DATA.

This fixed the problem for me, hopefully this will help someone else!

Reactions: realGaurab

evancg

Jul 18, 2010

Clockwork was unable to work because superuser kept crashing. I couldn't do ANYTHING root related.

I did solve the problem though, so for anyone else that has the same issue with SU FCing:
Goto: Menu - Settings - Applications - Manage Applications - Menu button - Filter, Choose to show "all" - Find & choose Superuser Permissions in the list - CLEAR DATA.

I had this same problem (Clockwork couldn't fix permissions because Superuser Permissions kept FC'ing, and lots of google searching resulted in no help until I found this. Saved me from losing a few days of important text messages because I'm an idiot and hadn't backed up prior to doing a cognition update that didn't go well the first time around. THANK YOU!

Jovke

Aug 23, 2007
Belgrade
Thanks man..

It seems that it happened when I uninstalled some apps. after that I connected my rooted Desire Z to PC, typed "adb shell" and "su" and.... "permission denied" appeared!

Went through some other apps, and none of them had root access! After rebooting phone, Superuser app crashed, and it kept crashing...

I cleared application data for Superuser app, and - voila! I got my root back again!

Thanks!

L

lsu_guy

Have the droid charge. Superuser stopped working. All my apps started failing with "the application superuser has stopped unexpectedly". Clearing the data didn't do anything. I finally cleared data, uninstalled the superuser app and reinstalled it. Back up and running. Thanks everyone!

hassanraheem

Sep 17, 2011
Washington, DC
Been having issues with the most recent few ARHD ROMs (HTC Sensation), superuser force closing, etc. cleared SU data and all is well again! thanks.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you tried using Clockwork ROM Manager and restoring to a pre-lag fix state? This same problem happened to me when I tried to install the lagfix from an .apk.