Heads up: Cheap OEM (TMO-US) Accessories

Search This thread

sacksyboy

Jan 24, 2011
Just ordered car dock and wall charger...fingers crossed. Everyone seems to be happy that received their goods.

How can they be so cheap compared to the rest of sites selling?????

mrbkkt1

Nov 12, 2007
Mililani
www.lostpowercity.net
Ordered the car dock.. I have been wanting one of these ever since I got the S4G in June. $19.05 total after discount.

I hope it is robust as the car dock that I used with N1.
The dock is as robust, however, it doesn't have the speakers that the n1 car dock does. Kind of disappointing, the n1 dock was amazing...
also, For some reason, I can't play mp4 videos while in dock mode, unless I start the video first then insert into dock.

and can anyone tell me what the video button is supposed to do on the desktop dock?

I was really hoping that htc would make their docks have speakers since the speakers in the sensation suck so badly.

PanCubano

Jul 25, 2009
Hialeah
Just got my Home dock and it is 100% OEM and works perfectly. I would highly recommend them.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

abefroman

Jan 17, 2008
I've had nothing but problems with my order. Order placed 1/2. Didn't ship until 4 days later. Of the 5 items I ordered, 1 was missing and 1 was damaged. I called to correct the issues and customer service said the missing and replacement item would be sent right away. Just got package and wrong item is in it. We'll see if they actually fix this.

sacksyboy

Jan 24, 2011
I've had nothing but problems with my order. Order placed 1/2. Didn't ship until 4 days later. Of the 5 items I ordered, 1 was missing and 1 was damaged. I called to correct the issues and customer service said the missing and replacement item would be sent right away. Just got package and wrong item is in it. We'll see if they actually fix this.

I did too...no wrong order but out of stock with the car dock. Waiting for them to send it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

kpjimmy

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio TX
Nothing Phone 1
Google Pixel 7
What's the value of using a home dock for you as opposed to plugging in and propping up?

The value is personal preference. I have a landscape and portrait dock, but not oem, but custom made by craigsdocks.com. Awesome detail and construction with above par customer service. With the service, comes with a price, so it's not for everyone.

As to the benefit, most times,I do not have anything to prop the phone in portrait wise and I think propping it up landscape would loosen up the usb port over time IMO. I have an old Nexus One and that port is just starting to go now using the propping method.

secano

Mar 27, 2010
New York City
Just received my dock and an extra charger & USB cable for $30. (They actually sent me an extra USB cable, which I didn't order). Really fast shipping.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1327939843170.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1327939843170.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 93
  • uploadfromtaptalk1327939865771.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1327939865771.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 78

velvet396

Sep 19, 2011
if any of you are considering the rapid/quick charger with the higher mA rating, consider getting the HP touchpad usb/wall charger. I believe it's like $10 and it's 3A as opposed to the usual 750-1000 mA.

sacksyboy

Jan 24, 2011
That's cool. Any comparisons though? Is this the only one that's not "universal"? Just wanna make sure it's "the best" haha

I'm not totally clear on what you mean by universal...but it is the OEM version made by HTC.

I had the nexus one dock before and this one is about the same for the functions it does have (nexus had built in speakers plus others).

My only gripe is the nexus one had a coiled power charger cable and this does not, so you have to bunch it together if it measures too long from the dock to the charge point.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
I meant is this the only one that is actually made for this phone specifically. Rather than being one that will accommodate different phones.

I'll probably go with this one unless anyone else can recommend something better.

sacksyboy

Jan 24, 2011
I meant is this the only one that is actually made for this phone specifically. Rather than being one that will accommodate different phones.

I'll probably go with this one unless anyone else can recommend something better.

This is the HTC sensation car dock. I don't think it accommodates other phones...it certainly does not accommodate my galaxy nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I wanted to find a cheap car upgrade kit that was OEM but there didn't seem to be anything outside of $60 even on eBay. Then I stumbled on http://www.all4cellular.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=htc+sensation&cat=&x=0&y=0 after some random Google searching. Looked sorta shady at first but I placed an order for the OEM CUK and lo and behold, a couple days later, I got a genuine kit with an HTC box (with the $60 price tag!) for under 20 bucks. I noticed they have the OEM dock for cheap, as well as some other OEM related goodies.

Not sure if they ship internationally for you fine folks across the border/water. I can post pics when I get home from the library tonight if you guys want. Also, I checked seller ratings and the site seems reliable enough. I just wish this kit could be reassigned to open up a different app than HTC Nav :mad:

Sorry if this is a repost, I tried searching. If not, enjoy!
    I wanted to update, I ordered the HTC car dock from these guys and received an incorrect item (they sent me a bluetooth headset, worth more on their site). I thought "oh great, I just got scammed."

I emailed them and the quickly responded with a new tracking number and paid return shipping for the bluetooth headset.

Anyway, if anyone is worried about ordering from these guys I can say, in my case, that they were very responsive. It sucks they had the mix up, but they did what they could to make it right (they even cross shipped, newegg doesn't even do that!).

And the OEM car dock is just what I was looking for. It's still not worth $60, but for $20 it's a steal.
    Thank you! Just bought the dock!!

FYI Coupon code above didn't work. Try CABIN5 til 12/31/11 for 5% off. :D
    And that worked as well! Thanks once again!

FYI Coupon code above didn't work. Try CABIN5 til 12/31/11 for 5% off. :D
    Anyone knows how long do they take process and ship an order?
    ordered mine on the 22nd and received on the 27th (because of the postal holiday)