Valhalla-BlackEdition Q & A

Search This thread

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
under cwm provided u haven't solved the issues..

Format system data cache

then re install. :p normally clears up alot of leftovers.
Raver have you ever heard of recovery mode fix permissions breaking a device? I use to have Rom Manager just for that reason, recovery would bork my phone.

RaverX3X

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2011
Cali
I asked because the poster said he did fixed perms in recovery but only CWM fixed the problem. Recovery vs. RM fix perms whats the difference?

depends on what rom manger is using for the fix perm file. Different roms have different permissions. Hence why a cm fix perms is different then say a stock..
Just an example. Ics has a different set of permissions over gb

Reactions: eollie

Shortbus-Driver

Apr 9, 2011
Orlando Fl.
I couldn't find in raver's Valhalla black thread what modem is packaged within the rom.
Could someone tell me which modem it is.....I'm happy with it,but would like to try the others out...and just wanna know so I can flash it back knowing it's the one in case I'm not particularly happy with all my results.

Sent from my SGH-T959V,SGH-T959 using xda premium.

Last edited:

95Z28

Apr 29, 2011
Should be stock kj6. Look under settings, about phone, baseband version.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

soundrizm

Mar 16, 2012
Chicago
I'm having a Sorry! error stating that "The application LogsProvider (process com.sec.android.provider.logsprovider) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." It won't go away no matter what I do. I've tried fixing permission, wiping the cache partition, and wiping the davlik cache. Am I gonna have to reflash, or is there a better way around this?

(I tried searching the forums, but didn't see any info on this issue)

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
I'm having a Sorry! error stating that "The application LogsProvider (process com.sec.android.provider.logsprovider) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." It won't go away no matter what I do. I've tried fixing permission, wiping the cache partition, and wiping the davlik cache. Am I gonna have to reflash, or is there a better way around this?

I had a similar issue and I had to reflash the rom I was using. Even my nandroid was throwing that error. I think it was caused by a app update.

MrMonkey1

Feb 18, 2012
GUI installer

Hi guys. I flashed Valhalla Final about a week ago and REALLY want to flash this one! One thing that throws me off is the GUI installer part. Can I just follow the instructions used to flash Valhalla Final or do I need to do something else? PLEASE HELP THIS ROM LOOKS AWESOME!! GOOD JOB RAVER

95Z28

Apr 29, 2011
Start out following the same steps. Once the installer starts it's self-explanatory and will take you through the process.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles
Hi guys. I flashed Valhalla Final about a week ago and REALLY want to flash this one! One thing that throws me off is the GUI installer part. Can I just follow the instructions used to flash Valhalla Final or do I need to do something else? PLEASE HELP THIS ROM LOOKS AWESOME!! GOOD JOB RAVER

It's the same process except after u choose the rom to install you will be greeted by the aroma installer which if you choose custom install you'll get options to restore data, flash kernel and modem and.other stuff :)

-sent from my POS i897
no camera, no power button but at least I got miui lol

RiCeRyDa

Feb 28, 2012
hello I have a slight problem, in battery usage it's showing Android OS using the most usage over display that seems odd when almost every other screens I've seen display is the highest. I'm only getting about 8 hours off my phone. I'm on VB, lightning zap, and latest fbis/bhunvaden kernel

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA

hood4u

Jul 3, 2011
i am trying to find where the icons are stored for this rom with in the zip file i assume. i unzipped it and looked but i can't find them. i am interested in the black phone icon. i like it and i would like to use it as the icon for the phone on my home screen dock. i know how to change the icons through launcherpro but i want to use the black one from the app tray in the rom. hope this is possible. great looking icon

hood4u

Jul 3, 2011
never mind. i figured it out. sounds like a dumb question now that i know. sorry. if anyone else is curious the icon associated with an app is stored in the root directory within the apk in the app's folder. unzip extract do little gimp or photoshop work and use as needed where needed.

Attachments

• ic_launcher_phone.png
    ic_launcher_phone.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 297

Russano

Apr 20, 2011

I experienced this issue yesterday.

I'm on VBFB, and was using AntonX's v1.0b5 kernel. The error would reappear seconds after it was dismissed, so I rebooted to CWM and cleared the cache partition, fixed permissions, and flashed Anton's v1.1.0 kernel. The problem persisted after the reboot.

I found a thread in the Vibrant forums that suggested to clear the data for LogsProvider. This is what did the trick.

The path was: Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > the "All" tab > LogsProvider > Clear data

The errors ceased immediately after I clicked the Clear data button.

I'm not certain what caused it. I did install/upgrade a couple of apps an hour or so before I noticed the issue, but I couldn't say which apps they were.

If the Android package manager logged installs like apt or pacman, then I'd be happy to list what I did right before the issue cropped up.

pakiyoungster

Jun 3, 2012
Ok guys i have flashed from stock to vallhalla black edition.everything is working super fast and fine. But now my regular browser isnt working youtube videos. It is giving error " cannot play back this video" i do have installed latest adobe flash playet 11. But still no luck :(. I have installed youtube app as well. In the app it takes tooo long for streaming :(

I have checked metacafe and other flash videos sites. They are working all rite

Any one here to help? :(

So i've been using VB Edition and for the past 2months am having random boot(1 - 2 ramdom reboot) that i ignored i thought is it normal and now another problem arises now my screen keeps poping out but it stop sometime and it will pop out again a infinite loop of IDK What is wrong xD..i think its about time to choose another ROM and KERNEL to try:D

will i just get another ROM and KERNEL and flash it? or is there a procedure that i will follow on doing this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @bigoload:

The attached file is from the stock Gingerbread ROM. The purpose of these directions are to add back the 'Audible touch tones', 'Audible selection', and 'Screen lock Sounds' that are not in the Vahlalla - Black Edition - Final-Fixed.zip (intentionally left out).

• Download the attached 'ui.rar' file.
    • Extract the folder onto your computer.
    • Copy it to the root of your sdcard.

• You need a root explorer. I use Super Manager.

• Download from market and open Super Manager on your phone and go into ‘File Manager’.
    • Hit Menu then ‘Setup’.
    • Look for ‘Global Settings’ and select ‘ROOT’.
    • Check ‘Enable ROOT function’.
    • Back out of settings back ‘File Manager’ which will be the root of your sdcard.
    • Find the ui folder you copied over.
    • Long press on the ui folder and select ‘Copy’.
    • Scroll back to the top of the root of your sdcard and hit ‘Back up level folder’ two times.
    • Scroll down to ‘system’ and select. Then select ‘media’. Then 'audio'.
    • You should see a 'ui' folder.
    • Hit menu then ‘Switch System R/W’ and select ‘R/W’ (which is probably is already set to that).
    • You can long press the 'ui' folder and delete. Then paste the 'ui' folder that you copied off your sdcard.
    • I just renamed the 'ui' folder to 'ui-old' to test what I am telling you then pasted the new 'ui' folder.
    • You should now have 'Audible touch tones', 'Audible selection', and 'Screen lock Sounds', 'Audible dialer number' and whatever else.
    This is a Q&A for Raver’s Valhalla-BlackEdition thread.

Rules I would like to see followed:
    - If you quote there is no need to quote the entire post – quote the part of the post you are responding to. Delete the rest.

- THEME RELATED QUESTIONS (i.e. icons/wallpapers) belong in the theme and apps sub forum: THEME AND APPS

- If somebody asks lazy questions, just IGNORE THEM! They will eventually get the HINT! MarkP80nj Quote: "If no one answers you, maybe try learning how to do it yourself."

- And Hit the THANKS button if somebody helps you! It is the least we can do!

Help keep this thread at the top so Noobs will see and stay out of the Dev forum!
    Thread cleaned. Stop with the crap...funny how some of the names are becoming familiar to me, for the wrong reasons too...I don't think you want that happening....

if you can't discuss things in a civil manner without arguing, flaming or trolling, don't bother posting at all.
    Knowing Raver will be releasing the Revamp when he does -

Those interested in getting drm videos to play on VB Final-Fixed - i.e. Inception - download the attached [DRM.rar].

Extract the contents on your computer and copy the two folders - [drm] & [.drm] - to your sdcard.

Then copy the two folders - [drm] & [.drm] - to \system\etc\security\

Make sure you are set to r/w.

I did not have to reboot, fix permissions or anything. Went to videos and Inception finally played.
    Reserved for good points made in the thread:

Raver's Clarification:
    let me clarify this after you install the rom do not change the mount to ummu It only applys to install (made moot after the new installer and i fixed the mount errror issue with the installer cwm.

What it looks like people are doing and why its soft bricking is after install you unmounting the system so when you boot you soft brick because the kernel cannot mount system... Because YOU UNMOUNTED IT.....

From FBis251:
    Download Valhalla Black Final. Raver's got a custom GPS driver in it. Trust me, it works well. haven't had issues with GPS since I've used it.

What was the font in rc2? ----> sony style

How i can get the blue eye (or any other) wallpaper again?
    Which ROM was it in? Do you still have the .zip?
    - Pull the system/app/Launcher.apk
    - Unzip it. Yes, apk is a zip file.
    - Look in res/drawable-hdpi folder.

Does the final.zip have a shutdown animation?
    - In the Final.zip file in \system\media\video\shutdown - the folder is empty.
    - If you have the BlackEdition.zip file in \system\media\video\shutdown - shutdown.qmg is in the folder.

Add back the 'Audible touch tones', 'Audible selection', and 'Screen lock Sounds' that are not in the Vahlalla - Black Edition - Final-Fixed.zip.
    Click here for directions and files.

Random Reboots Thread: Great method to fix problem - Thanks 95Z28!

You need Visual Voicemail for voicmail notifications: attached below

Stock Clock & Alarm (soft alarm): attached below. If you want to use the Smart Alarms I attached the sounds below also. You need to copy the sounds into /system/media/audio/ui.