[Q] storage space running out

Search This thread

thejiajielee

Dec 29, 2012
hi,

i have a storage issue that i'll like to ask the gurus.. I've just moved from PSX's v8.5 (4.3) to PSX v3 (4.4) and along the way, I've made numerous backups just in case. after flashing v3 and hellscore b43, i ran into a storage space issue where my N4 told me i had insufficient space to install more apps, to work system functions, anything. Ive attached a screenshot of my storage, but it seems to be there is a good 5-6gb of space unaccounted for? i have v little songs in my phone, no movies, little apps as well. its rooted. can anyone point to as to how i can solve this?

thanks!

to add on, I've used storage analyser to better understand by storage, and it says i have 9.87gb available, whilte the stock storage details shows the number at 611mb.

help pls?

Attachments

• 24251.jpg
    24251.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,800
Last edited:

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
hi,

i have a storage issue that i'll like to ask the gurus.. I've just moved from PSX's v8.5 (4.3) to PSX v3 (4.4) and along the way, I've made numerous backups just in case. after flashing v3 and hellscore b43, i ran into a storage space issue where my N4 told me i had insufficient space to install more apps, to work system functions, anything. Ive attached a screenshot of my storage, but it seems to be there is a good 5-6gb of space unaccounted for? i have v little songs in my phone, no movies, little apps as well. its rooted. can anyone point to as to how i can solve this?

thanks!

Try flashing SuperSU via the recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

thejiajielee

Dec 29, 2012
ive also realised that system data takes up a huge chunk, more than 6gb. which is where most of the missing storage is. help, anyone?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-11-17-20-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-11-17-20-43.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Nigeldg

Feb 25, 2011
I only just realised I was having the same issue when I got an insufficient storage available message while trying to update some apps. To solve it reboot into recovery then go on backup and restore and delete any unnecessary backups you have, if the ROM's working now then you could do with deleting all of the old backups and making one fresh one with the new ROM. Also do the 'free unused space' thing in CWM, I had no backups but somehow there was almost 3 gigs of space being wasted by CWM. There's probably something similar in TWRP if you use that

Reactions: thejiajielee

calypso888

May 21, 2010
When u make full backups they won't show up in the system storage scan. Go to the file directly n try deleting an old backup. I guarantee u will see more space available after u do. Each backup is usually about 400-500mb depending on how many apps n other data u have

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

arffrhn

Mar 12, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Or maybe you got shrinkage problem which is pretty normal when upgrading (seeing that you flashed 4.4.2 rom over 4.3 rom). Your 16gb nexus was shrinked to 8gb. The easiest way to fix it is by formatting your internal in recovery (or flash stock recovery and do factory reset). Do make backup of your things though cause you'll lose them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I only just realised I was having the same issue when I got an insufficient storage available message while trying to update some apps. To solve it reboot into recovery then go on backup and restore and delete any unnecessary backups you have, if the ROM's working now then you could do with deleting all of the old backups and making one fresh one with the new ROM. Also do the 'free unused space' thing in CWM, I had no backups but somehow there was almost 3 gigs of space being wasted by CWM. There's probably something similar in TWRP if you use that