[Q] Splashtop THD/2 and SLI with fullscreen?

Search This thread

nerdstaz

Jan 6, 2011
Hey Guys!

I finally decided to pick up a Shield and now I am in awe and a little lost!

I got the NVIDIA Game Streaming working fine and I got Splashtop THD sideloaded. I also have Splashtop 2 installed - I am familiar enough with the two to get things going. The issue I am having is, playing games (like Skyrim or Dragon Age) in fullscreen. It either crashes the app or gives me a warning the it cannot support fullscreen games. My PC has 2x 780 GTX graphics cards running in SLI with two monitors connected. I tried disabling SLI and netted the same results. I am not sure it matters, but I am also running Windows 8.1.

My question is, can I do anything to allow fullscreen games or am I stuck in windowed only?

Things I have tried are:

Splashtop 2 and Splashtop GamePad THD
Disabling SLI
Disabling 1 screen
Geforce Optimization on and Off withing Splashtop
I have the latest drivers, I did try two older drivers as well.

PC:
780 GTX SLI
Windows 8.1
i7 3770K
2x 1080p displays

Any help is much appreciated. I Googled until my fingers were tired and my head was exploding. Most items I found were dated 2012 or earlier. I found one from January of last year. Surely things have changed since then? Anyway - please let me know. If there are any alternatives, I am open to exploration. Just from what I read, Splashtop is the best? If so which version? THD or 2? Does it matter?

Thanks again for your help!

Last edited:

nerdstaz

Jan 6, 2011
So you also tried the shields native game stream also?

Yes and that works fine.

I am trying splashtop for games that are not natively supported. The issue I am having is that I get the error "splashtop streamer does not support direct screen access...". It has the nvidia optimized logo. I tried every registry change I could find by googling today. I also tried (again) a single card, no sli, and a single monitor.

This is driving me nuts ! haha I see so many talking about doing it but no way to replicate it....I will gladly tip someone if they help me get this working (via PayPal).

Thanks

LiveMChief

Feb 11, 2014
Yes and that works fine.

I am trying splashtop for games that are not natively supported. The issue I am having is that I get the error "splashtop streamer does not support direct screen access...". It has the nvidia optimized logo. I tried every registry change I could find by googling today. I also tried (again) a single card, no sli, and a single monitor.

This is driving me nuts ! haha I see so many talking about doing it but no way to replicate it....I will gladly tip someone if they help me get this working (via PayPal).

Thanks

Does do this on all games with splashtop?