[ROM][WWE][2010-NOV-25][SENSE 2.1/2.5/NO-SENSE] The Captain's Special (23149/21914)

Search This thread

paulyluca

Aug 24, 2008
Alba Iulia
Is it possible to add a "Programs tab" to Sense 2.1? Or perhaps the manila start menu with program shortcuts?

Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Is it possible to add a "Programs tab" to Sense 2.1? Or perhaps the manila start menu with program shortcuts?
Either is possible. It's easier for me to tell you how to show the Programs tab, for now:
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"Manila://programs.page.hidden"=dword:0 ;1=hidden, 0=shown
I have this set to be hidden on my ROM. Alternatively, you can install this: Show Programs Tab.cab which will do the exact same thing.

EDIT: If you want to use Manila Start Menu, I can post a CAB that will allow you to do that instead (or additionally).

RE: the ROM downloads - it appears ED/TP is down, which is why the ROM links are unavailable. I'll try to upload them to a temporary mirror in the meantime.

EDIT: Mirrors up on first page!! :)

Last edited:

paulyluca

Aug 24, 2008
Alba Iulia
Can anyone upload a pagepool editor that works with this ROM? Please?

EDIT: Newermind. I found it.

Last edited:

madnish30

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2009
New Delhi-India.
Wow !
Captain finally a public release just noticed !
I remember long ago you cooked me a ROM which was the first ROM that i ever flashed on my own- i was very scared but you helped me to flash ( i gave you my stock ROM 6.1 and u re-built around it using 6.5 here, all that doesn't matter now )
WOW !
Thank you Captain !
Downloading !
Really thrilled !
Really grateful and wish you best of luck for cooking for public releases sir .
I'm sure you would give a tough competition ( though its not that you guys are here to compete ) and people will love your work.

Thank you so much sir !

One request could you please dedicate a thread/post stating differences between SENSE 2.1 and SENSE 2.5 ( like you did for Manila 2.1 and Sense 2.5 )
Please could you give some details about sense 2.1 and its porting ( can't see to find the port thread )

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
One request could you please dedicate a thread/post stating differences between SENSE 2.1 and SENSE 2.5 ( like you did for Manila 2.1 and Sense 2.5 )
Please could you give some details about sense 2.1 and its porting ( can't see to find the port thread )
Sense 2.1 = Manila 2.1.1918 (and higher). That post I made with the differences between Manila 2.1 & Manila 2.5 in the Gen.Y port thread still applies. Though I think I'll copy that post's contents to the first page here, and perhaps provide additional details as well. Thanks for the suggestion. EDIT: Comparison post now Post #6 :).

There is no Sense 2.1 VGA port thread (yet). kimi_sae_ireba's port isn't final yet. I'm using the test versions provided (which have only very minor flaws that I haven't really found yet). Once the port is finalized (which should be before the end of the year), I'm sure a thread will be opened for it.

Last edited:

madnish30

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2009
New Delhi-India.
Sense 2.1 = Manila 2.1.1918 (and higher). That post I made with the differences between Manila 2.1 & Manila 2.5 in the Gen.Y port thread still applies. Though I think I'll copy that post's contents to the first page here, and perhaps provide additional details as well. Thanks for the suggestion. EDIT: Comparison post now Post #6 :).

There is no Sense 2.1 VGA port thread (yet). kimi_sae_ireba's port isn't final yet. I'm using the test versions provided (which have only very minor flaws that I haven't really found yet). Once the port is finalized (which should be before the end of the year), I'm sure a thread will be opened for it.

Thank you Captain i will flash latter today for sure and giv a feeback.
And thanks to kimi_sae_ireba for a 2.1 port now landscape can be used well.
I guess the basic difference also includes that there is no Twitter and Footprints Tab in 2.1 ? ( if someone could confirm :rolleyes: )

And waiting for the thread eagerly.
The ROM size is around 127Megs its pretty light which makes me happy :)
Thank you captain.

One more doubt if anyone could help whats this discussion about poolpage going on ?
I'm not aware of this term
Please could someone enlighten me about poolpage and how and why it should be edited never came across this on XDA before.

Thanks Captain and kimi_sae_ireba

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is there any way to disable the caller id slide to unlock? sometimes its a pain to pick up a call and depending if my hands are at all wet i cant slide the slide to pick up a call
    No, not really. You do know you can use the hardware keys to answer the phone, right?

There aren't any non-Slide-to-Answer dialers being made by HTC anymore. The last one I know of was the original Raphael dialer (which doesn't play nice with Sense or WM 6.5).

There is a hack to use the stock Dialer, I think. But it's definitely not as pretty, and I'm not sure how well it works, to be honest :rolleyes:.
    * IMPORTANT *

THIS IS A GSM ROM. Do NOT use this ROM if you have a CDMA (Sprint, Verizon) Touch Pro!!!

To flash a custom ROM, you MUST first flash Hard-SPL by OliNex!!

If you don't know what's involved with flashing a ROM, PLEASE see mskip's guide for n00bs!!

A BIG special thanks to XDA member dschlaefer for donating his Fuze so I can continue cooking for the Raphael!!

I know what you're thinking. Does this forum really need another ROM thread? I agree; I don't think it does either. But, here I am, opening one anyway.

So, here's the skinny:

These ROMs are based on builds 23554, 23541, 21898, and 21893, and are customized for the AT&T HTC Fuze and Touch Pro. One series includes Sense 2.5 VGA, and the other includes Sense 2.1 VGA. For those who want lower CPU usage, go with the Sense 2.1 version.

The 218XX version will generally be the most stable, so if that's what you're looking for, that's the one I'd go with :rolleyes:.

I use the 4-row Start Menu (thanks to showaco), because I like it :p.

What's included in my ROMs (common to both versions):

Cooked in -
    Code:
    Opera_Browser (9.5 for Sense 2.1, 9.7 for Sense 2.5)
    EzInput 2.1 (thanks to [B]rsw686[/B])
    HTC Framework/Shared Resources (thanks to [B]programatix[/B])
    HTC LockScreen (thanks to [B]conflipper[/B] & [B]indagroove[/B])
    Menu Enhancement
    HTC Connection Setup
    Album (Sense 2.5 version includes Social Networking Support - VGA version thanks to [B]programatix[/B])
    Office Mobile 2010
    Windows Live (10.7) - [I]Messenger NOT Included[/I]
    JETCET Print
    Adobe PDF
    Leo Comm Manager
    YouTube (Rhodium version w/Landscape support)
    AT&T Phone Canvas from Tilt 2 (w/Video Share support - thanks to [B]pyrorob[/B] & [B]amarullz[/B])/Rhodium Phone Canvas w/Video Call support
    Arcsoft MMS
    JBlend Java
    Enhanced Power Off Warning
    Streaming_Media
    Quick GPS
    Notification Enhancement (COM5 builds use 3.5, COM2 builds use 2.0 - thanks to [B]Digicast Solutions[/B] for the snooze options CAB)
    Long Press End Key (accessed through a tab in "Buttons" applet under "Settings")
    G Sensor Calibrator
    HTC Calculator
    Teeter
    HTC CAMERA
    RandomAccess (Letter Picker in Contacts)
    FM Radio
    Installed by CAB (uninstallable via "Remove Programs" applet in "Settings") -
    Code:
    Mortscript - thanks to [B]mort[/B]
    Notepad Mobile (thanks to [B]shamasis[/B])
    psShutXP Power Key (skin thanks to [B]dharvey4651[/B])
    AMeBa 0.8 RC (thanks to [B]xtep[/B])
    AutoA2DP (thanks to [B]xiaojin1985[/B] & [B]supware[/B] for the CAB)
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=591248"]DINIK's HD2 Icon Set[/URL]
    6Fg8's Top Bar icons (thanks to bilbobrian)
    Adobe FlashLite Distributable Player
    Flip_IT (Topaz) - thanks to [B]bepe[/B], [B]WildBerry Team[/B], & [B]tom_codon[/B] (COM5 Builds only)
    BsB G-Config (COM2 Builds only)
    Google Maps 4.0
    Microsoft My Phone
    Microsoft Marketplace
    Customization:

This ROM uses RunCC for customization, and supports User Customization (UC).

UPDATE: NEW No-SENSE version available (Fuze & TP Editions)!! See here for details (Fuze Edition): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7989374&postcount=1668; TP Edition: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8079649&postcount=1683

Features:
    • Build updated to 23541 (thanks to Da_G!)
    • Most HTC apps removed (including Album, Comm Manager, EzInput, Menu Enhancement, & Notification Manager)
    • CHome Customizations remain (Titanium Weather, myLocation, ATFavePeople)
    • Opera removed from ROM (IE panel added back to CHome/Titanium)
    • Flip_IT moved under "Utilities"
    • Office Mobile 2010 included
    • JETCET PRINT removed
    • HTC Connection Setup, HTC Calculator, Long Press End Key, HTC Dialer w/Video Call included
    DOWNLOAD LINKS:

The Captain's Special - Build 23541 - "Non-Sense"

Other ROMs/Links:

Post #2: Sense 2.1 VGA - Build 23541/21893 (FUZE - 21898)
    Post #3: Sense 2.5 VGA - Build 23133/21914
    Post #4: Add-On CABs/Fixes/Change Log/To Do/Donation Acknowledgements
    Post #5: FAQ
    Post #6: Tab by Tab Comparison of Sense 2.1 & Sense 2.5
    For the Sense 2.1 lovers . . .

Here's my "refreshed" Sense 2.1 ROM.

Changes since previous version:
    • 6.5.x Build updated to 23149 (COM 3)
    • AMeBa removed from ROM in favor of uTask (smaller memory footprint). NOTE: Long Press Start button now opens Comm Manager, Task Manager icon on Home screen opens Windows Task Manager.
    That's all I can think of for now - it's likely there are other updates (I basically had to rebuild the entire ROM, since my kitchen's been updated).

I must admit, I had forgotten how smooth Sense 2.1 is . . . (I do still prefer all of the other features of Sense 2.5). To each his own, I suppose.

Oh right, almost forgot. Here's the link:

The Captain's Special - Sense 2.1 - Build 23149 - Touch Pro Edition (Mediafire)
    I responded to the 1st two via PM, but I'm not aware of that 3rd item. Is there an additional fix you need for Rogers to fix the timestamp on SMS?

Got the PM ... much appreciated. Some carriers such as Rogers/Fido have an issue with SMS timestamping. Here's a link to a .CAB for those experiencing a time offset issue with SMS:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2252296&postcount=5

The .CAB changes the first registry key below ... but it's possible that the second registry location is required as well.

Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\PhoneSetting\]
    "TrustTimeZoneField"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\SMS\]
    "RecvTimeStamp"=dword:00000001

Cheers,
    Hi cap :) So i was thinking about new rom :) Are there any new things you could cook in ? You can add hotfixes and so on :)
    I can't think of any reason to cook a new ROM at this point. I'm running a 23151 version of my Sense 2.1 ROM on my Fuze, and it's just about perfect. I almost don't want to cook anything else & ruin it :rolleyes:.