[Q] Unlock Problems

Search This thread

Ilyustar

Apr 18, 2014
Hello,

First of all, I'm totally new to all the rooting/unlocking stuff on android. I am trying to unlock my TF700T (as first step) to install CROMBi-kk in order to get a smoother tablet + 4.4 :)

Well I've downloaded the unlocking .apk directly from ASUS (v7) and started it to unlock it - but an error occurs: unknown error / network blabla.
After using some google, I found out that I maybe have to enable USB-Debugging or stuff like that - tried it, didnt work. Then I read something about that the serialnumber has to be registered with the devicetracker of ASUS. So I went to the page, logged in with my google account and entered my serialnumber -> error: time-out. Next I changed to my PC and went to the devicetracker site: Again I login with my google account and there it is a TF700T. After the page loads for ages a worldmap is shown in the background but still with a Loading label.

So my question is, what can I do to make it work? Are the servers maybe really down? And the networking error is really a networking error? Or is it a problem that I am sitting in germany?

Havent registered the product in any way so maybe thats a problem?

Last edited:

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Unfortunately a very common problem of Asus not having your tablet registered correctly in their database.
Email Asus support, attach a screenshot of your About Tablet page and tell them you cannot register for Device Tracker. Do not even mention you want to unlock! They do not waste resources on helping you to unlock.
Send them an email a day (including the screenshot) until you get a response. Send them two emails a day if they do not resolve it right away. Send then 3 emails a day - you get the picture....
You have to be persistent and turn yourself into a polite PITA.
Keep trying to unlock throughout the whole procedure. It may take dozens of attempts.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

flhthemi

Feb 8, 2012
Statesville, NC
Please let us all know how this method of getting Asus to respond works for you. I have mailed them several times and nothing has been done. Mine is still not unlocking. But, I never did try being THIS persistant. ;)

Good luck!

swau79

Jan 13, 2009
Same Problem, now Solved!

I contacted Customer support and told them that i am a teacher who has had items stolen in the past ( truth), and i needed to register device tracker. the customer support person asked for a screenshot of the error, my serial number and MAC address. She said the would send it to HQ, and get back to me once the solved the problem... That was last thursday. This morning i got an e-mail from her with the all clear. I was able to signup with device tracker. I will try to unlock later today when i get home from work, but i think i should be able to. will update when i get home and try to unlock the tablet.

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
I contacted Customer support and told them that i am a teacher who has had items stolen in the past ( truth), and i needed to register device tracker. the customer support person asked for a screenshot of the error, my serial number and MAC address. She said the would send it to HQ, and get back to me once the solved the problem... That was last thursday. This morning i got an e-mail from her with the all clear. I was able to signup with device tracker. I will try to unlock later today when i get home from work, but i think i should be able to. will update when i get home and try to unlock the tablet.

I love the work arounds we have to go through to use the device how we want to and not how Asus wants us to! :good:

Now be thankful this isn't Apple we are dealing with ;)

swau79

Jan 13, 2009

my tf700 is now unlocked!!!