[Bug] Problems with .ts files: seeking, playback (HD only)

Search This thread

sjlouis

May 2, 2014
Bordeaux
Hi,

I use MX Player and it's a very good product. I like it very much, it's very convenient :) but I have a little problem.

I have a satellite receiver which records movies in .ts files. I can read them with MX Player but when I use << and >> keys, the result is erratic. In the parameters, I've chosen to skip back 7 seconds and for example when I press "Skip back", it skips 30 seconds forward. If I maintain the pressure on the << and >> keys, it's also erratic. It works well with .avi files and .wmv files.

I could convert .ts files in .avi files but it's very long, it takes several hours to convert some files.

Is it possible MX Player run .ts files as other files?

Thank you :) .
Jean-Louis

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Actually MX uses key frames rather than exact time frame for fast seeking.

You can disable it from Settings》Player 》 Fast Seek.

Additionaly for better navigation you can adjust the speed of swipe & forward button from Settings 》 Player 》 Navigation

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

sjlouis

May 2, 2014
Bordeaux
Thank you for your response :) .

I've already adjusted the speed of previous and forward button in "Settings 》 Player 》 Navigation", that's why it skips 7 seconds previously or forward when I press the << and >> keys. It's very convenient.

I've disabled key frames for fast seeking in "Settings》Player 》 Fast Seek" but it's the same thing, the result is erratic :( .

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Hi,

I use MX Player and it's a very good product. I like it very much, it's very convenient :) but I have a little problem.

I have a satellite receiver which records movies in .ts files. I can read them with MX Player but when I use << and >> keys, the result is erratic. In the parameters, I've chosen to skip back 7 seconds and for example when I press "Skip back", it skips 30 seconds forward. If I maintain the pressure on the << and >> keys, it's also erratic. It works well with .avi files and .wmv files.

I could convert .ts files in .avi files but it's very long, it takes several hours to convert some files.

Is it possible MX Player run .ts files as other files?

Jean-Louis

Remux to mkv and try again & report here.

Note:
Remux won't take much time since there is no encoding.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

sjlouis

May 2, 2014
Bordeaux
Ok, can you say me which application to use? I've tried tsMuxeR to convert it in M2TS but it was not efficient on the Galaxy S2 even if it is on my TV. However, it's a little complex because I have to copy all the movies from my satellite recorder to the PC, convert them and copy them on the smartphone. I would prefer to copy them directly on the smartphone, it's more convenient and quicker ;) .

On another thread, I have posted I have problems with HD .ts files, I lost sound or the image jams. I can't see them. I've tried HW and SW modes with no effect even if I don't know what these modes mean.

I haven't any problem with BSPlayer but it's not as convenient as MXPlayer.

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
@sjlouis

I have tried myself with two videos with different codecs ( mpeg2 / AVC-h264) in ts, m2ts & mkv containers. But, I can't reproduce any problems. I think it's device/android specific.

Can you provide the following details?

Device ?

Android Version ?

Rom whether stock or custom?

MX Player version?

Detailed media info?

Can you attach a detailed logcat which can be collected using mx log collctor immediately after closing Player/Video?

sjlouis

May 2, 2014
Bordeaux
Device ? Samsung Galaxy S2

Android Version ? 4.1.2

Rom whether stock or custom? Samsung version modified with kernel : 3.0.31 - Jeboo_Kernel_v1.2a+

MX Player version? 1.7.26

Detailed media info? If I press on the file, I have the name, the size, the date of the copy... but nothing technical. If I list the files with Windows 7, the type is "Video MPEG-2 TS". There are created by an Enigma box, OpenPli 4.0. I don't know if that can help you.

Can you attach a detailed logcat which can be collected using mx log collctor immediately after closing Player/Video?
I've seen there is an application whose name is "MX Log Collector". Ok I can download it but is it difficult to obtain the logcat?

I can try to read these files on my wife's phone. Do you want?
Thank you :eek: .

Last edited:

sjlouis

May 2, 2014
Bordeaux
I've tried with the Samsung ACE 3, Android 4.2.2, rom stock Samsung, kernel 3.4.0-2575110 and there are the same problems.

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
@sjlouis
Simple way is Just run the mx log collctor immediately after closing the player.

If you are rooted then lot of apps available in the play store which can collect the logs in background.

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
Run MX Log Collector immediately after reproducing the playback issue with HD .ts files, and post the logs here.

sjlouis

May 2, 2014
Bordeaux
Ok I'll trying to use the Log Collector. I don't know if I will use it immediately because I'm a little busy these days, but I'll do it :) .

I can go backward and forward with these files with VLC on my Windows PC. I can't use them on my TV Samsung even if it's a "very good" TV and not too old (2 years), but I can use them on the less "good" TVs of my family (one is a very "poor" TV). I've joined Samsung support but they don't say me anything interesting.

But I don't try to read HD files.

First I'm going to use the Log Collector but I can send you files. I don't know if there is a solution to use Internet for so big files, but I can copy them on a DVD disc and send it to you by post.

sjlouis

May 2, 2014
Bordeaux
Hi,

I've loaded MX Log Collector but what do I do? Do I read a movie a few seconds, I stop it and I lauch the Log Colector? Or do I read the movie, I try to go forward and backward?

At the end, MX Log Collector wants to send a mail. Do I copy the mail and the joined files in this post?

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Hi,

I've loaded MX Log Collector but what do I do? Do I read a movie a few seconds, I stop it and I lauch the Log Colector? Or do I read the movie, I try to go forward and backward?

At the end, MX Log Collector wants to send a mail. Do I copy the mail and the joined files in this post?

Open MX Player & reproduce the problem. Then immediately open mx log collector. better to save it in mail & download it.
Alternatively,
when it ask to select the app to share select an email client like gmail and minimize
Open /sdcard/android/data/com.mxtech.logcollector
Here you you can find the log.txt.gz
Copy it to a desired location & upload here

sjlouis

May 2, 2014
Bordeaux
Hi,

Sorry, I was a little busy :( ;) .

Ok, I've done what you said. On the first test (files xxx1), when I press the << key, it doesn't jump backward 7 seconds as I defined it in the parameters, but it jumps forward 30 to 60 seconds every time. I've not done the test in this files but it also jumps ~60 seconds forward when I press >> key even if I also defined 7 seconds in the parameters.

In the second test (files xxx2), I read an HD file and I lots the sound for a few seconds and it does it regularly. On preceding test, I also lost the picture but it's not the case in this test. If you want I can do an other record to show it (I don't use normally HD record, the files are too big but some TV channels haven't SD movies).

In the mails created by the Log Collector, I have :

=========================
Fabricant: samsung
Modèle: GT-I9100
Marque: samsung
Version: 4.1.2 (REL)
Build: samsung/GT-I9100/GT-I9100:4.1.2/JZO54K/I9100XWLSD:user/release-keys
Kernel: Linux version 3.0.31-Jeboo_Kernel_v1.2a+ (none@ubuntu) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #26 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jan 28 22:48:56 EST 2013
CPU: 2 core(s) 1,2 GHz
Architecture du CPU: 7
Caractéristiques du CPU: swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls
Plateforme de conseil: exynos4
Instruction: armeabi-v7a (+armeabi)
Résolution: 480 x 800
Tailles d'écran disponibles (DIP): 320 x 508 (smallest: 320)
Tablette: false
Taille d'écran: Normal
Densité: 1.5 (240)
Taille de police: 1.0
Boutons matériel: true
Locale: fr_FR
Mémoire totale: 845392 kB
Mémoire libre: 58084 kB
=========================

If you have difficulties to read the French words, I can try to translate them.

The 2 build files are in the .7z file because I can't upload them.

I've just bought an USB OTG cable and now I can use an USB key I can load on my satellite box. It's very convenient and it would be better when I could read normally .ts files.

Thank you very much for your help :) .

Attachments

• log.txt1.gz
    12.2 KB · Views: 3
  • log.txt2.gz
    7.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Build1-2.7z
    1.3 KB · Views: 1

bleu8888

Mar 24, 2011
Would you send me a sample video clip?
This should work with fast seek disabled.
But this feature may not work if exact seeking takes too long time (typically 6 seconds).
If time is the problem, i will consider increasing timeout time or add additional option for it.

Last edited:

sjlouis

May 2, 2014
Bordeaux
Thank you for your response :) .

I've already adjusted the speed of previous and forward button in "Settings 》 Player 》 Navigation", that's why it skips 7 seconds previously or forward when I press the << and >> keys. It's very convenient.

I've disabled key frames for fast seeking in "Settings》Player 》 Fast Seek" but it's the same thing, the result is erratic :( .

If we speak about the same thing (I have some difficulties in English), I've already tried it as you can see upper. I use this function when I haven't understood a sentence.

How can I send you these files because it's very big even if I cut them to 15 or 30 minutes?

Thank you very much :) .

Top Liked Posts