[Q] Need help unrooting. Need to return for warranty

Search This thread

watchmuu

May 26, 2014
I recently noticed a cluster of dead pixels in my screen and need to exchange it for a new device. To do this, I presumably need to unroot and revert to S-ON, even though this is purely a hardware problem. :mad: However I don't know where to start honestly, as this is my first phone I've ever rooted and am still learning (somewhat slowly). I made a backup of my stock rom, but I think I may have made it too far into the process, as the rom is already has supersu and cannot OTA update. I can't seem to track down a RUU, which is what I think I'm needing, but I'm not sure if those are released for this device yet.. I think I understand the process if I can simply track down a RUU or figure out what to do next. I'm sorry if this seems like an ignorant question, but honestly I"ve tried figuring this out for myself and I'm just needing a little help I think. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: iceman667

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
I recently noticed a cluster of dead pixels in my screen and need to exchange it for a new device. To do this, I presumably need to unroot and revert to S-ON, even though this is purely a hardware problem. :mad: However I don't know where to start honestly, as this is my first phone I've ever rooted and am still learning (somewhat slowly). I made a backup of my stock rom, but I think I may have made it too far into the process, as the rom is already has supersu and cannot OTA update. I can't seem to track down a RUU, which is what I think I'm needing, but I'm not sure if those are released for this device yet.. I think I understand the process if I can simply track down a RUU or figure out what to do next. I'm sorry if this seems like an ignorant question, but honestly I"ve tried figuring this out for myself and I'm just needing a little help I think. Thanks in advance.

Who said you had to revert to S-ON again? Before doing things like that rather read this thread first

SuperSU won't prevent the device from doing an OTA update, did you get the notification for it and tried to install it directly after downloading it? If you have a custom recovery then the OTA won't install, supersu on the other hand won't prevent it like I said. I did the OTA myself while having SuperSU :good:

You can just uninstall SuperSU from the application drawer, open the app and try to uninstall it. If it doesn't work then perhaps try point 6 in this thread "unsupersu". Though you need a custom recovery to do this.

Reactions: watchmuu

watchmuu

May 26, 2014
Who said you had to revert to S-ON again? Before doing things like that rather read this thread first

SuperSU won't prevent the device from doing an OTA update, did you get the notification for it and tried to install it directly after downloading it? If you have a custom recovery then the OTA won't install, supersu on the other hand won't prevent it like I said. I did the OTA myself while having SuperSU :good:

You can just uninstall SuperSU from the application drawer, open the app and try to uninstall it. If it doesn't work then perhaps try point 6 in this thread "unsupersu". Though you need a custom recovery to do this.

if I can simply uninstall super su then that shouldn't be hard to figure out. thanks. do you have any tips on how to remove the custom recovery? I'm pretty lost on that.

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
if I can simply uninstall super su then that shouldn't be hard to figure out. thanks. do you have any tips on how to remove the custom recovery? I'm pretty lost on that.

Download stock recovery from this thread just select the correct recovery that matches your software version.

Unzip the recovery and move it to the adb folder where you have fastboot.exe in(By default this is platform-tools). Hold shift then right click in the folder, select open command prompt/window here.

1) Connect device to computer
2) Type: adb devices to check if device is being picked up, should show you your serial number
3) Type: adb reboot bootloader
4) Type: fastboot flash recovery name_of_recovery.img
5) Type: fastboot reboot
6) Done.

Reactions: watchmuu

watchmuu

May 26, 2014
Download stock recovery from this thread just select the correct recovery that matches your software version.

Unzip the recovery and move it to the adb folder where you have fastboot.exe in(By default this is platform-tools). Hold shift then right click in the folder, select open command prompt/window here.

2) Type: adb devices to check if device is being picked up, should show you your serial number
6) Done.

Just for clarification, are flashing my stock rom backup and removing the custom recovery along with SuperSU all I need to do for it to be in a returnable condition? I really appreciate the help.:good:

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
Just for clarification, are flashing my stock rom backup and removing the custom recovery along with SuperSU all I need to do for it to be in a returnable condition? I really appreciate the help.:good:

Well your bootloader screen will still show "Tampered" and "Unlocked" (IF you haven't fixed these yet) so you might want to reset those flags as well before doing the unroot.

Remove Tampered banner
Reset lock status flag

Just follow those 2 guides made by Scotty. If you don't have the flags anymore and you have stock recovery in place, you can just uninstall SuperSU and you're good to go.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

6) Done.