UtorCase Controller mount for PS3, PS4, 360 and One mini review and pics!

Search This thread

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
This review is for a Sony Xperia Z Ultra, but UtorCase is tailor made for over a thousand other smartphones at https://www.shapeways.com/shops/utor-case where you can search for your phone name. If you cannot find your phone just shoot an email to the UtorCase designer, that is how I finally got one made for my extra large Phone. :laugh:

Disclaimer:
I have been nagging the designer for a Xperia Z Ultra version for a long time and finally he did it. I bought it on my own money first but after chatting with him as he wanted me to let him know how I liked it, I commented that I was going to post a review of it and he offered to refund my money for me taking the time to post a review. So, I like to make this clear because even though I am a LONG time member here and never have tried to do shady businesses, well..someone is always going to be a smart ass about it. ;)

So with that said...Greetings!
So, as I have a BIG phone, the Xperia X Ultra, I have been looking for a way to play my games with a PS3 controller (specially emulators). Unfortunately the ones like MOGA that I was using before cannot hold my Phone plus I much prefer the PS3 controller.
So finally I found this UtorCase design which is simple and effective. As you can see by the pics, you just wrap this around your controller and it locks in perfectly.
If it can hold my phone when lying on bed to play games then it can hold any phone!
Please notice in the close of up pictures that my phone wont fit perfectly because I have a glass protector which adds .4 thickness and YET, as you can see on one of the pictures, it is so good at keeping it in place that even when not fully fitting, I can play with it lying on bed without it falling off. :good:
The material is also very light and gives the impression of not being tough yet it is.
Of course with anything designed for one single device there is always the situation of when you upgrade the phone you must buy another but to me, I dont upgrade right away since usually you need to wait a generation after yours to get real improvements and for all the enjoyment I will get from it, it is well worth the money.
Thanks for reading! :good:

Attachments

• DSC00447_v1.jpg
    DSC00447_v1.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 594
  • DSC00448_v1.jpg
    DSC00448_v1.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 542
  • DSC00449_v1.jpg
    DSC00449_v1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 463
  • DSC00452_v1.jpg
    DSC00452_v1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 431
  • DSC00456_v1.jpg
    DSC00456_v1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 426
  • DSC00457_v1.jpg
    DSC00457_v1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 594
  • DSC00458_v1.jpg
    DSC00458_v1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 573
  • DSC00459_v1.jpg
    DSC00459_v1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 579
  • DSC00460_v1.jpg
    DSC00460_v1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 544
Last edited:

saga642

May 2, 2016
Honestly I think this product is over priced, as a brand new Linx 7 only costs £39.99 in UK and this piece of plastic will cost £23 includes shipping, bearing mind, it is only a pure piece of plastic regardless how awesome this idea it is. I'm not going to buy one but good luck if you have already god it.

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
Honestly I think this product is over priced, as a brand new Linx 7 only costs £39.99 in UK and this piece of plastic will cost £23 includes shipping, bearing mind, it is only a pure piece of plastic regardless how awesome this idea it is. I'm not going to buy one but good luck if you have already god it.

mmmm considering you are replying to this TWO YEARS later, things have probably changed on the market. ;)
Plus I dont see how first one item relates to the other because I dont see that tablet you are mentioning holding my controller. At the time there were pretty much no alternatives for this phone and a controller so you know...supply and demand.
Also, I dont see how shipping charges are at the sellers fault. You live in UK and I doubt international buyers were his primary target.

In any case, not sure why you say "good luck if you already got it"...I mean I provided photos of it holding my phone and did a review of it which I thought you have read before posting but looks like you didnt read much...
Regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This review is for a Sony Xperia Z Ultra, but UtorCase is tailor made for over a thousand other smartphones at https://www.shapeways.com/shops/utor-case where you can search for your phone name. If you cannot find your phone just shoot an email to the UtorCase designer, that is how I finally got one made for my extra large Phone. :laugh:

Disclaimer:
    I have been nagging the designer for a Xperia Z Ultra version for a long time and finally he did it. I bought it on my own money first but after chatting with him as he wanted me to let him know how I liked it, I commented that I was going to post a review of it and he offered to refund my money for me taking the time to post a review. So, I like to make this clear because even though I am a LONG time member here and never have tried to do shady businesses, well..someone is always going to be a smart ass about it. ;)

So with that said...Greetings!
    So, as I have a BIG phone, the Xperia X Ultra, I have been looking for a way to play my games with a PS3 controller (specially emulators). Unfortunately the ones like MOGA that I was using before cannot hold my Phone plus I much prefer the PS3 controller.
    So finally I found this UtorCase design which is simple and effective. As you can see by the pics, you just wrap this around your controller and it locks in perfectly.
    If it can hold my phone when lying on bed to play games then it can hold any phone!
    Please notice in the close of up pictures that my phone wont fit perfectly because I have a glass protector which adds .4 thickness and YET, as you can see on one of the pictures, it is so good at keeping it in place that even when not fully fitting, I can play with it lying on bed without it falling off. :good:
    The material is also very light and gives the impression of not being tough yet it is.
    Of course with anything designed for one single device there is always the situation of when you upgrade the phone you must buy another but to me, I dont upgrade right away since usually you need to wait a generation after yours to get real improvements and for all the enjoyment I will get from it, it is well worth the money.
    Thanks for reading! :good: