Anybody tried Inesoft Phone v6.08 on Xperia x2?

Search This thread

eenll

May 22, 2010
Hello to all X2 users,

May i know if anyone has tried the app called Inesoft Phone v6.08 on X2? I find it to be a wonderful replacement for the X2's Dialer. I've uninstalled it however because it caused my phone to hang a lot. And this hanging usually took place when there was an incoming call. I studied and noticed that whenever there was an incoming call, the standard Dialer always started before Inesoft Phone took over. And i guess that introduced some conflict in the X2's RAM resulting in its hanging.

If anyone has tried it, i'll be glad to have them share with me how to solve this hanging problem. Or is it a bug that has to be removed by the Inesoft people? Thanks in advance :)

anothadave

Mar 6, 2009
if youve got "sktools" you can specify the default dialler in one of the tweaks. maybe you can disable the standard one and that might improve reliability.

eenll

May 22, 2010
if youve got "sktools" you can specify the default dialler in one of the tweaks. maybe you can disable the standard one and that might improve reliability.

Thak you very much sir. Yes i have sktools but i'm not sure of the steps involved in disabling the standard dialer. I shall take a look however and let u know if i find it. I'm sure it will solve the problem b'cos another third-party dialer called Iconsoft Phone Extension v2.2 has as one of it's options "Disable WM phone (for better performance)" and this app has never caused my phone to hang. So i'll look it up in sktools. Thanks again. :)

anothadave

Mar 6, 2009
try "system tweaks" then "tune up" then the fourth page "phone edition" and scroll down. it says something like OEM DIALLER SKIN. if you disable it then hopefully that will shut off the standard dialer. there may be other options somewhere but thats a good place to start.

eenll

May 22, 2010
try "system tweaks" then "tune up" then the fourth page "phone edition" and scroll down. it says something like OEM DIALLER SKIN. if you disable it then hopefully that will shut off the standard dialer. there may be other options somewhere but thats a good place to start.

Thank you very much. I tried the following in the registry before your post came:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin" and changed the value of 'Enabled' from 1 to 0.

Since then my phone has never hanged though i've received a few calls. I'm still testing it, but i feel strongly that the problem is now solved.

Thanks once again, dear. :)

refactored

Apr 23, 2008
Was facing the same problem earlier...but been able to address the issue. Try updating the application and then change the settings mentioned in earlier posts. Should work...it worked for me.