MyTouch/Sapphire housing

Search This thread

iPhone iWing

Mar 3, 2008
Hey all! I just wanted to share what I found. Not to sure if anyone found this and or mentioned it here somewhere. I looked around and saw another post asking about it. But thats all I saw. I am not sure how easy it is to dis-assemble the device and or how well the housing varies with hardware. I changed my T-Mobile Wing into the HTC 4520 with housing replacement, yes they were the exact same hardware wise yet some components were off some how. I had changed more then a few others that wanted the HTC branded housing and same so idk. I'm going to order one of these soon so i will share with pics of my experience unless someone does it first. Here you all go.

http://www.truesupplier.com/_search.php?page=1&q=htc+magic

ps: trackballs too!!!!!!!!

iPhone iWing

Mar 3, 2008
Just in case you guys aren't aware, 32A and 32B motherboards are different, so a HTC Magic housing will not fit a MyTouch, and vice versa.

ya i had a feeling about this. but i think im still gonna try and see what needs to be modded. you never know, htc might have made the molds the same so they dont lose on machining time. like i said in op my wing and the 4520 were off by just a lil but i still got it to work 100%. I only had to switch out the keyboards so i bet this will probably work. I will get it and try it out for mt3g users.

masr1979

Apr 5, 2006
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
ya i had a feeling about this. but i think im still gonna try and see what needs to be modded. you never know, htc might have made the molds the same so they dont lose on machining time. like i said in op my wing and the 4520 were off by just a lil but i still got it to work 100%. I only had to switch out the keyboards so i bet this will probably work. I will get it and try it out for mt3g users.

I'm speaking from personal experience. I bought a G2 case from ebay, and the case has some holes on the opposite side of where the MyTouch case has them. I ordered a second one and had to return it because despite asking the seller in advance if it indeed was for a MyTouch and not an HTC branded phone they didn't have the right one. I've seen recently that some have started popping out on ebay that state "will fit US models" or something to that effect, these should be safe. My advice is to ask before you buy if it will fit a T-Mobile MyTouch, and what happens if it doesn't fit after you order it.

zmesler

Apr 10, 2008
Cambridge
yep i can confirm. the thickness is different. but i managed to match them i have a 32a front and back pannel (black). And 32b middle section (silver UK Vodafone stock). This works just fine. Otherwise your vibration motor will never work since it is to tight.

cashoplz

Dec 22, 2009
yep i can confirm. the thickness is different. but i managed to match them i have a 32a front and back pannel (black). And 32b middle section (silver UK Vodafone stock). This works just fine. Otherwise your vibration motor will never work since it is to tight.

I double that, I just figuered that out the other day while I was trying to change the housing for my magic.

typedink

Sep 26, 2009
Phoenix
I was wondering if anyone has found a source for a housing replacement that will automatically fit the 32B? I am in search of one and can't seem to find one. I found some that say mytouch compatible but I think they will have the same issue as mentioned here about being different on the inside.

Thanks.

Temporarily

Jan 29, 2010
I was wondering if anyone has found a source for a housing replacement that will automatically fit the 32B? I am in search of one and can't seem to find one. I found some that say mytouch compatible but I think they will have the same issue as mentioned here about being different on the inside.

Thanks.

Same here. In need of a new housing. There must be SOMEWHERE we can get one. Anyone? Help! :)

driftmania

Feb 1, 2010
San Francisco
I bring great news, I e-mailed cnn.cn asking when they will have MT3G housings in stock and they replied saying they should have it in stock in early march.

Part Four

Feb 10, 2010
Hey all! I just wanted to share what I found. Not to sure if anyone found this and or mentioned it here somewhere. I looked around and saw another post asking about it. But thats all I saw. I am not sure how easy it is to dis-assemble the device and or how well the housing varies with hardware. I changed my T-Mobile Wing into the HTC 4520 with housing replacement, yes they were the exact same hardware wise yet some components were off some how. I had changed more then a few others that wanted the HTC branded housing and same so idk. I'm going to order one of these soon so i will share with pics of my experience unless someone does it first. Here you all go.

http://www.truesupplier.com/_search.php?page=1&q=htc+magic

ps: trackballs too!!!!!!!!

I bought one of the housings available from the website posted in the OP (and quoted above). The only part of my MT3G that was messed up and scratched was the front face plate, so I didn't bother trying to swap out the rest of the housing. The face plate fits perfectly and looks awesome. The chrome buttons and HTC logo instead of the T-Mobile logo give it a much nicer look. $17 to make my phone look nicer and brand new again is not a bad deal at all.

I'd actually be willing to bet that, with some minor modifications to the middle section of the housing, we could get this entire kit to fit our MT3G's. We'd need to drill a tiny hole for the mic (the one that shipped to me has the mic hole on the opposite side), and perhaps cut away at some of the plastic near the vibration motor to allow it to move freely, but it should work. I might try this if I get bored. I'll let you know if I have any success.

Thanks for posting the site.

O

Orionscrest

Other than the screwdrivers, was the housing nice?

It was okay, but just okay. It definitely looks like OEM product, even down to the fact that the HTC branding was tinged blue instead of being silver and the middle chassis part was cracked. I waited 3 weeks for it to arrive in this condition, and I'm still struggling to get a refund from him so I can try another seller. Don't waste your time with him.

I did notice one or two listings on ebay actually do say original not OEM, one in particular from the UK, going to give one of those a try.

iluvmymytouch

Nov 3, 2009
Ohio
It was okay, but just okay. It definitely looks like OEM product, even down to the fact that the HTC branding was tinged blue instead of being silver and the middle chassis part was cracked. I waited 3 weeks for it to arrive in this condition, and I'm still struggling to get a refund from him so I can try another seller. Don't waste your time with him.

I did notice one or two listings on ebay actually do say original not OEM, one in particular from the UK, going to give one of those a try.

Let us know who you get it from. I dropped mine and there are little chips around the phone, I'd like to replace the housing eventually.

_ice_

Feb 5, 2007
Houston
guys I need a housing for my Tmobile Mytouch without 3.5 mm jack ASAP. my back looks like crap, and scratched like hell.
here are 2 different ones from ebay. can you guys tell me if it will fit? I mean the pic does say "tmobile" and I am waiting from the sellers to hit back.
both of em are shipped from hong kong
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280476103537&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290413949633

btw both are similar products but 2 different sellers.

none of those come with screws. and one of them states, I would need existing "screw holes" idk what that means, I believe these "screw holes" are already inside my pre existing housing (stock).

sorry but these guys are foreign sellers and have bad communication skills, most of there responses are half assed. :confused: